Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Guitar Hero DLC Due to Disappear

• Groudon199Groudon199676,195
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 19:59
    Le Lone Wolf said:
    Overpriced as shit anyways
    At least for the DLC from GHWT onward, $2 was worth it since it's more than just listening to the song. With the prices cut in half, that argument is even less valid.
  • AstariahAstariah1,181,640
    Posted on 23 March 14 at 01:49
    wheres the trogdor song to download? i like to do the guitar hero 2 glitch
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,896
    Posted on 23 March 14 at 04:38
    Man, figuring out which songs I want that are in both the GH franchise and the RB franchise took entirely too much time. Ended up paring down a $60 list to ~$20 for this sale.
  • MagixManMagixMan371,320
    Posted on 23 March 14 at 06:48
    This is why I hate digital downloads... R. I. P. GH cry
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE557,954
    Posted on 23 March 14 at 10:13
    Astariah said:
    wheres the trogdor song to download? i like to do the guitar hero 2 glitch
    It's a bonus song in game
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • AlphaTwo00AlphaTwo00271,600
  • TK2501TK250157,663
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE557,954
    Posted on 27 March 14 at 00:42
    TK2501 said:
    AlphaTwo00 said:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Guitar-Hero-Smash-... - Smash Hit "Import" track pack for $1.49? Was just released too?
    Sweet. I never got around to getting the Smash Hits release. Some decent songs there as well. I wasn't aware that you could import without actually owning the disc.
    Me neither, that's a good thing! There are a lot of fun songs to be played! Extreme music
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Z YaLtrZ YaLtr134,790
    Posted on 27 March 14 at 06:41
    TK2501 said:
    AlphaTwo00 said:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Guitar-Hero-Smash-... - Smash Hit "Import" track pack for $1.49? Was just released too?
    Sweet. I never got around to getting the Smash Hits release. Some decent songs there as well. I wasn't aware that you could import without actually owning the disc.
    Is this confirmed? You just need to buy the track pack and you are able to import the songs without having the Smash Hit disc on hand? Thanks
  • Posted on 28 March 14 at 16:39
    Z YaLtr said:
    TK2501 said:
    AlphaTwo00 said:
    Is this confirmed? You just need to buy the track pack and you are able to import the songs without having the Smash Hit disc on hand? Thanks
    I can confirm this. I just bought the import pack without owning the Smash Hits disc, and it worked.
    After the download is completed you can play the songs from the import pack.
    I tried it with the Band Hero game and the songs are here.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,896
    Posted on 30 March 14 at 03:04
    It seems like most of the GH stuff has already been removed. That Smash Hits Import link goes to a Page Not Found now.
  • Flopsy86Flopsy86541,578
    Posted on 30 March 14 at 16:32
    I can confirm that a majority of the Warriors of Rock and GH5 DLC has already gone (except a few track packs).
    Warriors of Rock shop is still loading up but there are only 99 songs available now when I look at individual track downloads.

You can get more songs than this because they are not showing some individual songs from track packs which are still available. eg. OK Go track pack is still up but individual songs are not.

Majority of the remaining songs appear to be from GH World Tour DLC packs.

Metallica's Death Magnetic is still available as of right now so you can still get All Nightmare Long for GH3.

DJ Hero 1, DJ Hero 2, GH2 and GH3 appear to be unaffected at the moment.

Still, a bit of a crap move to say the DLC will be gone after the 31st and then remove it in the early hours of the 30th. I was looking through the DLC yesterday so I know it was still there yesterday, I was actually thinking of getting some more DLC today but most of the songs I wanted to get are now gone.
    Making Easters happy since 1986.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,153,891
    Posted on 30 March 14 at 18:43
    Has anyone figured out of you can just buy "All Nightmare Long" for GH3 and not the whole album? Thanks in advance.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • MiniMetulMiniMetul86,309
    Posted on 31 March 14 at 06:35
    Flopsy86 said:
    I can confirm that a majority of the Warriors of Rock and GH5 DLC has already gone (except a few track packs).
    Warriors of Rock shop is still loading up but there are only 99 songs available now when I look at individual track downloads.

You can get more songs than this because they are not showing some individual songs from track packs which are still available. eg. OK Go track pack is still up but individual songs are not.

Metallica's Death Magnetic is still available as of right now so you can still get All Nightmare Long for GH3.

Still, a bit of a crap move to say the DLC will be gone after the 31st and then remove it in the early hours of the 30th. I was looking through the DLC yesterday so I know it was still there yesterday, I was actually thinking of getting some more DLC today but most of the songs I wanted to get are now gone.
    I think they started pulling DLC early (for me at least) on the 29th, which, like you said, is a crap move.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN348,970
    Posted on 31 March 14 at 08:02
    MiniMetul said:
    Flopsy86 said:

I think they started pulling DLC early (for me at least) on the 29th, which, like you said, is a crap move.
    they did from 28th and it was a crap move.
  • Posted on 31 March 14 at 17:05
    FOKENWOLFEN said:
    MiniMetul said:
    Flopsy86 said:
    they did from 28th and it was a crap move.
    Agreed, only got paid today, and was going to grab up some of the DLC I had missed previously. Never mind though, I should have bought it before now.
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild858,394
    Posted on 31 March 14 at 21:58
    Well, that sucks. Wanted to do some last minute shopping but nothing left to buy there. cry
  • Posted on 01 April 14 at 04:54
    It was fun while it lasted...
    RunningFreak204
  • MarekVitMarekVit513,307
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 10:03
    Damn, seems like they pulled EVERYTHING, including the compatibility upgrade for GH WoR. So now I can't actually play the tracks I downloaded.
  • lightsup55lightsup55415,504
    Posted on 10 April 14 at 17:20
    MarekVit said:
    Damn, seems like they pulled EVERYTHING, including the compatibility upgrade for GH WoR. So now I can't actually play the tracks I downloaded.
    The compatibility upgrade is for Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. So...

Have you tried using your Guitar Hero 5 or Band Hero disc to start downloading it?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.