Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rescuing Wildlife with Zoo Tycoon

• Posted on 23 December 13 at 18:34, Edited on 23 December 13 at 18:35 by ColdRobin401469Permalink
    Danowat32 said:
    EverybodysRival said:
    This is a great idea, but couldn't they just donate anyway instead of making a PR/marketing event.
    There's always one who tries to spin it so that MS is the evil organisation.......

That's not how charity works...

Which is why you see people doing all sorts of things for charity, it's all to do with marketing and raising awareness for a cause, if MS had just donated the money, would all of the people playing the game been aware of the charity?, by doing what they are doing, the effectively widen the market of awareness for the charity and potentially greatly increase the possible amount of money generated.
    Yeah, there's always at least one.

@EverybodysRival - Not to mention that one of the main points of this is to let the gamers decide which charity and it's kind of hard to do that if they just donate and don't let the gamers decide.
  • caelichcaelich123,098
    Posted on 23 December 13 at 19:28Permalink
    This is a really cool idea. I wish I could take part.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Posted on 23 December 13 at 19:54Permalink
    GalrenCreptus said:
    Danowat32 said:
    EverybodysRival said:
    This is a great idea, but couldn't they just donate anyway instead of making a PR/marketing event.
    There's always one who tries to spin it so that MS is the evil organisation.......

That's not how charity works...

Which is why you see people doing all sorts of things for charity, it's all to do with marketing and raising awareness for a cause, if MS had just donated the money, would all of the people playing the game been aware of the charity?, by doing what they are doing, the effectively widen the market of awareness for the charity and potentially greatly increase the possible amount of money generated.
    Yeah, there's always at least one.

@EverybodysRival - Not to mention that one of the main points of this is to let the gamers decide which charity and it's kind of hard to do that if they just donate and don't let the gamers decide.
    There is no implying subtext in my statement. If there's a choice between people knowing or the company just donating out of pocket for the good of nature, than none of yous would be in the loop.

If people donate, then there's no need for Charities. That's like saying, donate to Shriners Hospital and get a free admission ticket to one of my movies. I donate to the charity all the time, but don't offer an incentive to other people.

My marketing professor once said, if you have to resort to this kind of marketing, then it's not marketing, it's bribery. Play our game, and we will send money.

But, hey, at least the money is getting donate, it's better than nothing. That's the important thing.
  • Posted on 23 December 13 at 21:41Permalink
    alanp9 said:
    Mainstream said:
    Really want to rent this but for some reason Gamefly's release date is set at 1/31/14...
    The Xbox One version of the game is a timed retail exclusive at Walmart.
    I bought the xbox one version at superstore in November, so not sure how that worked.
  • Posted on 23 December 13 at 21:58Permalink
    Chakaal Starr said:
    alanp9 said:
    Mainstream said:
    Really want to rent this but for some reason Gamefly's release date is set at 1/31/14...
    The Xbox One version of the game is a timed retail exclusive at Walmart.
    I bought the xbox one version at superstore in November, so not sure how that worked.
    The exclusivity only applies in the USA. In your country and all others, Walmart doesn't have retail exclusivity.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2831,844
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 04:02Permalink
    If I believed what UPS tracking says. I have won a XB1 from the sweepstakes on E2M.com. But that if it goes by your address of your profile on the site. And if so. I going used all the gift cards to get XB1 and XB360 version of the game. So I will played the XB1 version first. If that tracker goes by address of the profile.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Punknot26Punknot26228,760
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 07:19Permalink
    Getting this game hopefully next month, so looking forward to participating in future events.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 12:05Permalink
    this is awesome! i love helping animals. i am donating money every month to help and now i can help by gaming? really, really niceclap
  • Lord BaneJLord BaneJ257,412
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 18:59Permalink
    Great idea! They should intro this to more of their games. clap
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 23:26Permalink
    Looks so good, could be interesting.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 16:44Permalink
    I've been releasing Rhinos like it is my job and adopting the adorable Komodos. Putting in my work haha.
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • pistol09petepistol09pete446,854
    Posted on 28 December 13 at 21:20Permalink
    Great game so far, will put in more time once the challenge is decided.
  • Posted on 29 December 13 at 02:23Permalink
    Wow this is awesome I have been adopting and releasing a large amount of Tigers looks like I need to include the others mentioned smile
    Patience is A Virtue, some Achievements may take multiple sessions to unlock =)
  • ZymoticZymotic586,377
    Posted on 29 December 13 at 04:07Permalink
    Microsoft should do something like this on the release of Halo 5. Kill 10,000 covenant and feed a child in Africa. :p
  • Posted on 02 January 14 at 10:36Permalink
    Nice idea, but still no reason to buy the game.
  • Posted on 02 January 14 at 11:44Permalink
    UNNAMEABLE 666 said:
    Nice idea, but still no reason to buy the game.
    I don't think it's supposed to be a selling point...

It is a really nice idea though, good luck to everybody that is taking part clap
    It ain't what you got; it's what you give
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.