Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Countdown to 2014 Daily Deals: December 23rd, 2013

• Posted on 24 December 13 at 18:10, Edited on 24 December 13 at 19:02 by Crimson DrifterPermalink
    Nabbed Peggle finally along with DLC and PvZ.

The weekly deals haven't updated for me yet, the CSGO tile is there but I click on it and it still has last weeks deals.
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert786,624
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 19:10Permalink
    Crimson Drifter said:
    The weekly deals haven't updated for me yet, the CSGO tile is there but I click on it and it still has last weeks deals.
    Sometimes the promotion on the dashboard won't be updated until it's manually changed, which depending on your location may take a while longer than other countries.

The good news however is that once the price changes do go live, you only need to search for the game you're after to get the discounted price.
  • Posted on 24 December 13 at 19:52Permalink
    ChaosAlert said:
    The good news however is that once the price changes do go live, you only need to search for the game you're after to get the discounted price.
    When I saw the prices had changed I was able to buy the games by searching. I got some of the new games on offer at 1am UK time :)
    CJ tainted this sig
  • SchreckofantSchreckofant320,893
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 19:58, Edited on 24 December 13 at 20:28 by SchreckofantPermalink
    KillrNut said:
    All the people complaining amuse me. Yep, I expect MS to give me Titanfall on Xbox One for FREE. *smh*
    They don't have to give us shit for free, but if their main competitor hands out (come on, it's economics 1o1 to react to your sole competitor, esp. when you've been losing ground for some time already)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/24/the-playstation-st...

sales like THIS (this is insane, especialy an additional 10% off from PSPlus) it's quite normal to be unsatisfied as xbox gamer or wonder what MS is doing. And I'm not even talking about the free games of PSN vs ArcadeBox. I almost feel like advertising, but I'm just fucking pissed glancing over at PSN and than seeing those lousy xbox sales. IT's like getting a Polo as a bonus while your colleague gets a Ferrari.

But as long as people are satisfied with 2nd rate arcade games (I'm talink about last days sales, today is at least somewhat decent...) MS doesn't have to change it's policy I guess. And don't get me wrong, neither do I want to bitch around actually nor am I really planning on getting lots of these games anyway, but at the end of the day we still might get hurt, if even more indecisive gamers decide going to PS instead of xbox and that's whats been worrying me for some time now (just look at the HW sales) even before getting a One. I never wanted to get a PS3, but after more and more games went PS3 exclusive in recent years I basically had to frigging buy one ...

And even shit like these sales could make a difference. Googling which console to get and comparing the lists regularly or seeing them at a friends house certainly doesn't help to convince people in favor of the xbox ...

Microsoft has already failed so often in recent years when their competitors stepped up their game (as Sony did) outside of their stupid monopole-OS/SF market, so it just kinda worries me that 99,9999% of the ppl over here don't even cnsider getting a One. The only question for them is when to get the PS4. And quite a lot of them actually had a 360 on a casual level.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,175,663
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 20:27Permalink
    Emzx99 said:
    EllandRoad Dave said:
    Obligatory EA Warning:

FIFA Street 3 has 6 online achievements and the servers have shut down.
    Thanks for the warning for those getting it, but you telling us? With a 40% completion rate with 80+ achievements between each percentage? Didn't even think you gave a shit about completion.
    I really hate how this site is seemingly getting infested by people with your attitude. So what if he has a bad completion % in your opinion? How exactly does that stop him from being knowledgeable about achievements? Please get off you gaming high horse, and quit assuming things about people. /rant overheadspin
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 December 13 at 21:45Permalink
    It's almost 5pm Eastern time and today's list still hasn't even been posted. Maybe I was just spoiled with these already being posted when I got up each morning the last several days.:P
  • Posted on 24 December 13 at 22:34, Edited on 24 December 13 at 23:02 by Crimson DrifterPermalink
    Like others have said, just searching the games yielded the discounted prices. However, the Deal of the Week has changed, but the prices are not reduced i.e. The Bridge still shows as $9.99 so be careful if buying from Deal of the Week.

Its been a few hours since I checked, but just be wary!

*Edit: just checked again, and they are still showing full price.
  • spletchiespletchie574,671
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 23:12Permalink
    Crimson Drifter said:
    Like others have said, just searching the games yielded the discounted prices. However, the Deal of the Week has changed, but the prices are not reduced i.e. The Bridge still shows as $9.99 so be careful if buying from Deal of the Week.

All Deal of the Week sales have been showing correctly for me (in Canada) for a couple of hours now, so it's probably just a slower-than-usual rollout due to the updating of the Countdown sale games.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 24 December 13 at 23:27, Edited on 25 December 13 at 03:16 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Crimson Drifter said:

The Bridge will show as $9.99 if you do not have an Xbox Live Gold membership.

Four titles have received a further discount since they went on sale yesterday: Deadlight, I Am Alive, Gotham City Impostors and Moon Diver have all dropped to $3.74. I think TA are having a well earned break. If you want any of the PopCap games grab them now, and look out for my Day 7 blog post in a couple of hours.

Edit: HolyHalfDead's blog post - Countdown to 2014 Deals - Day 7
  • Posted on 24 December 13 at 23:42Permalink
    Yeah, I'm gold so its not that. I know some people just rush through the purchasing and might get screwed, since the games may not be discounted yet for some.
  • matdanmatdan749,824
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 00:00, Edited on 25 December 13 at 06:14 by Badly Worn ToyPermalink
    Any way Merry Christmas to those people not trolling and the trolls as well. Grabbed Peggle + DLC, PVZ, Zuma Revenge and Feeding Frenzy 2. Sitting on the weekly deals for now.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,661
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 01:09Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    Grabbed Peggle + DLC, PVZ, Zuma Revenge and Feeding Frenzy 2. Sitting on the weekly deals for now.
    Good choices, I'm a sucker for 90% off!
  • matdanmatdan749,824
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 01:19Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    matdan12 said:
    Grabbed Peggle + DLC, PVZ, Zuma Revenge and Feeding Frenzy 2. Sitting on the weekly deals for now.
    Good choices, I'm a sucker for 90% off!
    Yeah I like anything under $10 this sales has perked up quite nicely.
  • matdanmatdan749,824
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 02:12Permalink
    New offer:
    The Wolf Among Us 2013-12-24 Price: $14.99 => $10.04 33% off

Likely the only thing for tomorrow.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 06:15Permalink
    Let's keep this friendly and about the deals please people.
    CJ tainted this sig
  • Emzx99Emzx99392,476
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 06:27Permalink
    assassinjay1229 said:
    Emzx99 said:
    EllandRoad Dave said:
    Obligatory EA Warning:

Thanks for the warning for those getting it, but you telling us? With a 40% completion rate with 80+ achievements between each percentage? Didn't even think you gave a shit about completion.
    I really hate how this site is seemingly getting infested by people with your attitude. So what if he has a bad completion % in your opinion? How exactly does that stop him from being knowledgeable about achievements? Please get off you gaming high horse, and quit assuming things about people. /rant overheadspin
    In my opinion? What? No dip shit it's 40%, it is bad as a FACT. So is yours (not as bad). This website is for achievement hunters, why do you come here? You're not an achievement hunter at all, you just like the odd completion so why bother trying to fit in?

The dude doesn't go for achievements AT ALL, that's abundantly clear. 80 odd achievements for EACH single percentage at a 40% completion rate? The dude clears it, and dumps it, he's a casual, not an achievement hunter, and the numbers tell us that. Don't get all prissy because me (an actual achievement hunter) uses the website that was built for people LIKE ME. If the site is infested with people like me then the site is doing well, it's achieving what it strove for. You on the other hand take up space in comment sections, and you don't bother doing what the site intends to help us do.
    I hate stupid people, and that's most people these days. Gamers in particular have become a sad lot.
  • LincLinc253,157
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 06:28Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    New offer:
    The Wolf Among Us 2013-12-24 Price: $14.99 => $10.04 33% off

Likely the only thing for tomorrow.
    hate this. bought the season pass day 1 after i played ep1. no new episodes out since. and now its discounted. live and learn.
  • LincLinc253,157
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 06:44Permalink
    Emzx99 said:
    assassinjay1229 said:
    Emzx99 said:
    EllandRoad Dave said:
    Obligatory EA Warning:

In my opinion? What? No dip shit it's 40%, it is bad as a FACT. So is yours (not as bad). This website is for achievement hunters, why do you come here? You're not an achievement hunter at all, you just like the odd completion so why bother trying to fit in?

The dude doesn't go for achievements AT ALL, that's abundantly clear. 80 odd achievements for EACH single percentage at a 40% completion rate? The dude clears it, and dumps it, he's a casual, not an achievement hunter, and the numbers tell us that. Don't get all prissy because me (an actual achievement hunter) uses the website that was built for people LIKE ME. If the site is infested with people like me then the site is doing well, it's achieving what it strove for. You on the other hand take up space in comment sections, and you don't bother doing what the site intends to help us do.
    there is a difference between achievement hunting and being a completionist. some us, though we enjoy achievements, do not feel compelled to finish every game we start. if the game is bad or we dont like it, we can move on without it bothering us. but then we find a game we love and we want to do everything, find everything, and experience everything. we use the site for help in instances like that.

your attitude towards this gamer, and what you think this site should be truly is sad. the site is successful because it has a great community that help each other, not because of a completion percentage. i see you've only been here for 6 months, so maybe you havent seen/learned that yet but i hope you stick around a while and do.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 13 at 07:35Permalink
    3 on 3 nhl is really fun reminds me of mario kart
    Fallout3476v2
  • Snarky MinxSnarky Minx289,928
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 08:24Permalink
    The thing about TellTale games is that they seemingly are very willing to let their stuff go on discount. It is the second Christmas sale where the first episode of their new series has gotten the first episode free as well as discounted season pass (last year wasn't the season pass but instead all episodes were discounted, similar for the most part). May be a reoccurring trend for TWD season 2 as well as their new properties.
This thread has been locked by Badly Worn Toy