Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 19th, 2014

• NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye183,093
  • itz waz meitz waz me279,670
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 16:56Permalink
    So GTA 4 DLC are they worth getting?
    itz waz me
  • Posted on 20 August 14 at 17:41Permalink
    anyone know if getting LA noire through this fixes the unreadable bug?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 14 at 17:45Permalink
    itz waz me said:So GTA 4 DLC are they worth getting?Of course, especially The Ballad of Gay Tony one.
  • ZymoticZymotic586,269
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 17:46Permalink
    Tell Microsoft I have been waiting for the Zymotic deal of the week!

Game Add-ons

Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow
    •"Reverie" - 800MSP 200MSP
    •"Resurrection" - 800MSP 200MSP

Mass Effect 3
    •"From Ashes" - 800MSP FREE
    •"Leviathan" - 1200MPS 400MSP
    •"Omega" - 1200MSP 400MSP

Bulletstorm
    •"Gun Sonata" - 800MSP 200MSP
    •"Blood Symphony" - 800MSP 200MSP
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye183,093
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 18:07Permalink
    MSP?!?! what is this 2013?
  • Posted on 20 August 14 at 18:08Permalink
    NickHawkeye said:We'll see what happens when I go home I guess but went to buy trials fusion and it rang up as $0.00 for me.

http://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Trials-Fusion/4bf...
    I just tried it to--at first I got an error code, and it wanted me to verify my account, then when I got back to the page it had the option to confirm the free download.... we'll see too. clap
  • Th3 MajicaTh3 Majica172,606
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 18:40Permalink
    I don't think Trials Fusion will download for free. I've tried multiple times (I do actually want to buy it) but I get to the confirm payment page (which still says £0.00) and then I get an error. I didn't once, and it thanked me, but TF is no where to be seen on my Xbox One, my recent purchases or my download list.

If you actually have managed to get it for free, you have actually loaded up the game and it's definitely the full one, free, then lucky you, but don't get your hopes up until then.
  • Posted on 20 August 14 at 18:45Permalink
    Th3 Majica said:I don't think Trials Fusion will download for free. I've tried multiple times (I do actually want to buy it) but I get to the confirm payment page (which still says £0.00) and then I get an error. I didn't once, and it thanked me, but TF is no where to be seen on my Xbox One, my recent purchases or my download list.

If you actually have managed to get it for free, you have actually loaded up the game and it's definitely the full one, free, then lucky you, but don't get your hopes up until then.
    I got it to download but then when I loaded the game it was just a trial.
  • RockoxRockox99,800
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 19:03Permalink
    So just to be sure, the Undead Nightmare Collection does not require the original RDR disc, correct? I don't have the base game anymore but have always wanted to play the Undead Nightmare campaign. Any help is appreciated.
  • EscapeTheApeEscapeTheApe148,818
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 19:26Permalink
    Got some of the CoD DLC. Still a bit pricey IMO, but as long as it's atleast 50% off...I'm onboard.

Also guessing it won't go below that...so might as well go for it. Is the multiplayer pretty active in all of the games, by any chance?
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,453
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 19:43Permalink
    Rockox said:So just to be sure, the Undead Nightmare Collection does not require the original RDR disc, correct? I don't have the base game anymore but have always wanted to play the Undead Nightmare campaign. Any help is appreciated.You might need the original disc. If you buy the Undead Nightmares Retail collection, you can play without the original disc, but I don't know if the digital "bundle" will work without it.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,731
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 20:02, Edited on 20 August 14 at 20:03 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    There's no doubt that Rockstar Games do the best sales:
    1. 75% off, when other publishers only do 50%
    2. DLC is usually included as part of their sales

This sale coincides with the release of the GTA V San Andreas Flight School Update and they don't even want money for it!

What I would say is that some of the R* titles haven't been on sale since 2013 and the last time some of the others were on sale they were a Gold exclusive.

If only other publishers would follow R* Games lead.
  • Posted on 20 August 14 at 20:32Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:There's no doubt that Rockstar Games do the best sales:
    1. 75% off, when other publishers only do 50%
    2. DLC is usually included as part of their sales

This sale coincides with the release of the GTA V San Andreas Flight School Update and they don't even want money for it!

What I would say is that some of the R* titles haven't been on sale since 2013 and the last time some of the others were on sale they were a Gold exclusive.

If only other publishers would follow R* Games lead.
    Cue the angry "wez was promisedd histes!!" comments
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • Th3 MajicaTh3 Majica172,606
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 21:10Permalink
    McAtee MADNESS said:Th3 Majica said:I don't think Trials Fusion will download for free. I've tried multiple times (I do actually want to buy it) but I get to the confirm payment page (which still says £0.00) and then I get an error. I didn't once, and it thanked me, but TF is no where to be seen on my Xbox One, my recent purchases or my download list.

I got it to download but then when I loaded the game it was just a trial.
    Yup. It eventually showed up on my downloads and it's only the trial.
    Will still be buying it though, just need to decide if I want this one or plump for the full retail version with season pass. Chances are the season pass will be on sale eventually.
  • AMBUSHYOUAMBUSHYOU567,825
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 23:15Permalink
    When is Black Ops 1 DLC ever going to go on sale? I can only remember it went on sale once and that was when it was new
  • MijaimelinkMijaimelink541,638
    Posted on 21 August 14 at 01:09Permalink
    SO NEVER GONNA BE ON SALE THE DLCS FOR COD BLACK OPS THE FIRST ONE!... STILL WAITING....roll
  • KjoresKjores952,192
    Posted on 21 August 14 at 02:08Permalink
    Seriously,rockstar and cod sale again,still waiting for a sale on stranglehold,timeshift and enslaved,but that ain't gonna happen.
  • Posted on 21 August 14 at 02:19Permalink
    Chunky Ninja said:Seriously,rockstar and cod sale again,still waiting for a sale on stranglehold,timeshift and enslaved,but that ain't gonna happen.Stranglehold actually cannot go on sale, as the publisher Midway is defunct and no one seems to know what happened to the rights for the game (US law mandates that prices on digital marketplaces are set by publishers, not platform holders, so MS can't change the price on its own). It's actually surprising it hasn't been pulled from the marketplace yet.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 August 14 at 06:57Permalink
    DeviSlator said:Is there a season pass for the CoD MW3 DLC as can't see one on xbox.com?

£5 a DLC is still too pricey
    There was a Season Pass for MW3 in the form of "Call of Duty Elite" (clearly an attempt to copy Battlefield 3's Premium) which used to cost $50 to "subscribe" to the "service" (wasn't much of a service at all back then and still isn't). It included all the DLC for MW3 and then the next year they made a proper Season Pass for Black Ops 2, and made Elite a free service. But since the final DLC pack for MW3 doesn't have achievements, you're better off buying them separately while they're on sale.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.