Game Discussion: Dark Souls (PC) Forum

gfwl > steamworks now available

AuthorMessage
TheMoreYouPro
Posted on 28 April 16 at 03:50
Owen H Brown said:I just completed the game after scoring all but 2 achievements from 2012 to 2014 both offline and online.

After finding out that my digital copy was now a Steamworks version, I hardened my resolve to complete the game, bought a retail version and DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT HAD A STEAM LOGO, the game DID NOT require steam.

However, the game crashed on start-up after the GFWL update. I was forced to play it offline to be able to use the GFWL client. After so long playing the game I was able to get though it in 5 days, totally worth the effort for anybody who cares to rack up some more achievements in this game... Just get a retail version.

Of course there'll be less Jolly cooperation, and it was very strange to not have orange signs and ghosts of other players all over the place, but there are still NPC phantoms to summon for most boss fights, so you won't be entirely helpless.
I know this post is a year old, but did you by any chance buy a copy from poland
x jjaldana 2 x
Posted on 30 April 16 at 22:01
if i bought the game on steam when it still had gfwl, and now it has been switched to steamworks, is it still possible that i can still get my gfwl key back?
Zashule 1765
Zashule 1765
Posted on 24 March 17 at 03:50
If you happened to back up your GFWL Product key, you can nab the older version from Steam. Credit to GMMan_BZFlag

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_...

Confirmed if you use the command "download_depot 211420 211421 5256343175967735469" and copy your files over your steamworks install, you can run it from the .exe file and it keeps GFWL.
Owen H Brown
Owen H Brown
Posted on 26 March 17 at 04:02
TheMoreYouPro said:
Owen H Brown said:
I just completed the game after scoring all but 2 achievements from 2012 to 2014 both offline and online.

After finding out that my digital copy was now a Steamworks version, I hardened my resolve to complete the game, bought a retail version and DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT HAD A STEAM LOGO, the game DID NOT require steam.

However, the game crashed on start-up after the GFWL update. I was forced to play it offline to be able to use the GFWL client. After so long playing the game I was able to get though it in 5 days, totally worth the effort for anybody who cares to rack up some more achievements in this game... Just get a retail version.

Of course there'll be less Jolly cooperation, and it was very strange to not have orange signs and ghosts of other players all over the place, but there are still NPC phantoms to summon for most boss fights, so you won't be entirely helpless.
I know this post is a year old, but did you by any chance buy a copy from poland
It was just the regular UK/Euro version in a regular plastic case.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 08 April 17 at 21:17
I can play this game only offline
Halo tmcc 100% :)
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 08 April 17 at 21:18
It's possible connect with gfwl?
Halo tmcc 100% :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.