Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Morally Dubious Achievements

• Funeral3773Funeral3773709,206
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 17:51Permalink
    Hurry I'm a bad person! I have all of them. Even the honorable mentions. clap
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 18:22Permalink
    Has a Top 5 spinoffs list been done yet? I've honestly lost track of which topics have been covered or not laugh
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
  • m4rc4nt0nym4rc4nt0ny571,109
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 19:24Permalink
    Don' feel bad about doing any of theses as I have saved the world countless times and destroyed so many "baddies" that the occasional clubbing of baby seals and tying of "ladies" to railway tracks is my treat for being mostly a good boy
    m4rc4nt0ny
  • Dhaem17Dhaem17232,116
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 19:28Permalink
    So sad MadWorld was a Wii exclusive... It scares me to think what achievements a 360 port would have in that game.
    Cthulhu R'lyeh fhtagn!
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 19:56Permalink
    Fallout 3Psychotic PranksterThe Psychotic Prankster achievement in Fallout 3 worth 15 pointsPlaced a grenade or mine while pickpocketing

Fun story about this achievement.

Before release Bethesda had made a gameplay video, which showcased this ability. Only problem was that in the video they killed an important NPC.

So a lot of people who started playing FO3, recognised the scene from the video and planted the live grenade on the NPC. Achievement unlocked but important NPC killed and therefore no choice option to how to finish the Tenpenny tower sidestory.

Back in the days there were a lot of hilarious posts on the FO3 forum laugh
  • badad117badad117162,123
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 19:58Permalink
    turd burglar will always be my favorite achievement......until they make an achievement that requires throwing fecal matter at something or someone.
  • PointySpredPointySpred334,347
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 20:02Permalink
    Wow, I'm horrible. I have all but the honorable mention seal slayer, I never played that game. As soon as I saw the topic I knew the RDR would be #1. That was also the most entertaining to get as well.
    The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 20:08Permalink
    Well, I guess I'm going to hell for Red Dead, Fallout 3 and Fable 2. laugh
    - Gung ho
  • WyyvernWyyvern523,814
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 20:10Permalink
    Parallax Demon said:
    Fallout 3Psychotic PranksterThe Psychotic Prankster achievement in Fallout 3 worth 15 pointsPlaced a grenade or mine while pickpocketing

Fun story about this achievement.

Before release Bethesda had made a gameplay video, which showcased this ability. Only problem was that in the video they killed an important NPC.

So a lot of people who started playing FO3, recognised the scene from the video and planted the live grenade on the NPC. Achievement unlocked but important NPC killed and therefore no choice option to how to finish the Tenpenny tower sidestory.

Back in the days there were a lot of hilarious posts on the FO3 forum laugh
    Just out of curiosity, who was it?

badad117 said:
    turd burglar will always be my favorite achievement......until they make an achievement that requires throwing fecal matter at something or someone.
    Then you might want to have a look at South Park TSOT's "Made This For You" achievement.
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 20:46Permalink
    The one on red dead was so fun!
  • WarmedxMintsWarmedxMints903,419
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 20:48Permalink
    Good list, surprised these didn't get a mention though;

Hunter's Trophy 2 AustraliaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 Australia worth 12 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Hunter's Trophy 2 AmericaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 America worth 13 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Hunter's Trophy 2 EuropaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 Europa worth 7 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 21:11Permalink
    I laugh my ass off when i randomly got The Dastardly achievement in Red Dead Redemption, it was so unexpected.laugh laughlaugh
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 21:19Permalink
    It could be me because it's Monday and I'm on brain lock but no Henry VIII achievement from Fable III? I actually led my game wife (the one for that town anyway) out of the town before doing the deed. Kept expecting a random villager to ask me for her by name and whatever happened to her...
  • AFatalTouchAFatalTouch217,460 217,460 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 21:26Permalink
    I have 6 of these :P
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 22:53Permalink
    WarmedxMints said:

Hunter's Trophy 2 AustraliaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 Australia worth 12 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Hunter's Trophy 2 AmericaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 America worth 13 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Hunter's Trophy 2 EuropaSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hunter's Trophy 2 Europa worth 7 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    Exactly what I said laugh those achievements made me just feel wrong.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Posted on 02 June 14 at 23:14Permalink
    Nice list !!!
  • WarmedxMintsWarmedxMints903,419
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 23:30Permalink
    Reborn Insanity said:
    WarmedxMints said:

Exactly what I said laugh those achievements made me just feel wrong.
    Really? I don't have a problem with any of them. You know it's not real, don't you? laugh
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
  • KillrNutKillrNut132,427
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 23:36Permalink
    I have #1, and one of the honorable mentions.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash355,855
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 23:40, Edited on 03 June 14 at 12:03 by WhyattThrashPermalink
    MysteriousViper said:
    I thought of Skyrim, and what you have to do to get all the Daedric Artifacts......killing friends, family, kids......whatever. To get all of the artifacts.
    Agreed, I've got many on this list but if it was one achievement that made me feel like "dude, I do NOT want to keep doing this!" it was the daedric artifacts one. It just goes on and on and gets worse and worse. The quests really made me feel like a slave to the daedric (achievement) gods.

Still a great top five though!
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,874,138
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.