Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Questions surrounding walkthroughs

AuthorMessage
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 13 May 15 at 11:16, Edited on 04 November 17 at 12:32 by Dang3R Gaming
Hey,
In this thread you can ask questions before or while writing a guide if you need some community or staff input. Everything can be posted in here regarding walkthroughs, but keep it civil.

The management team,
Dang3R Gaming
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 13 May 15 at 19:57
Yeah, my bad about the past ill-relevant comments in the other Walkthrough Threads. cry
The problem with me is that some people say some things which makes me think "Right, it's my turn to spread my words and show them!" roll I don't starts riots. Just do walkthroughs. laugh

Right... back to work wink
Dang3R Gaming
905,525
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 13 May 15 at 20:14
BulgyDragonZord said:Yeah, my bad about the past ill-relevant comments in the other Walkthrough Threads. cry
The problem with me is that some people say some things which makes me think "Right, it's my turn to spread my words and show them!" roll I don't starts riots. Just do walkthroughs. laugh

Right... back to work wink
That's not a question wink
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 15 May 15 at 18:47
Hey, I do actually have a question now. This ones just returned in my head, after it went away for goodness knows how long laugh

Obviously we're only allowed to have 1 walkthrough at a time if we're working on it and 2 walkthroughs at a time if we're overseers.

Just as a thought, is it an idea to give walkthrough writers/overseers a promotion for extra walkthroughs they can work on at once, if they are regular and have posted a certain amount of walkthroughs for the site already?

For instance...

If you have posted 5+ Walkthroughs for the site, you can have 2 Walkthroughs to work on and 3 if you are a Overseer.

If you have posted 10+ Walkthroughs for the site, you can have 3 Walkthroughs to work on and 4 if you are a Overseer.

If you have posted 15+ Walkthroughs for the site, you can have 4 Walkthroughs to work on and 5 if you are a Overseer.

Or something like...

If you have posted 5+ Walkthroughs for the site, you can have 2 Walkthroughs to work on and 3 if you are a Overseer.

If you have posted 15+ Walkthroughs for the site, you can have 3 Walkthroughs to work on and 4 if you are a Overseer.

Anyway, you get the idea of what I mean. Just a thought anyway. smile
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 15 May 15 at 18:57
There's a reason why thirty implemented the limitations, and I see no reason to change it; unless you can give me a valid one with the exception of "I'm a reliable writer". We want to decrease the list of walkthroughs that need new owners, not expand it.
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 15 May 15 at 19:28, Edited on 15 May 15 at 19:29 by BulgyDragonZord
MC0REBE said:There's a reason why thirty implemented the limitations, and I see no reason to change it; unless you can give me a valid one with the exception of "I'm a reliable writer". We want to decrease the list of walkthroughs that need new owners, not expand it.OK, I'll just leave it at that. I could easily answer this question, but I'm not choosing to as I do not wish to take this any further. I feel as though I've got my teeth biting on the dog's tail and I don't want to crunch it. Meaning I don't want to start arguments. Thanks anyways.
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 15 May 15 at 19:32
You can discuss it if you want, I just want strong reasons before I will even consider discussing it.
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 15 May 15 at 19:42
MC0REBE said:You can discuss it if you want, I just want strong reasons before I will even consider discussing it.Seriously bud, I'd rather leave it. As I said it's just a thought so I'm happy with the outcome anyways. I don't want to cause arguments and disagreements because I don't want people pointing fingers at me saying "Your the one who started all this". Recently with the posts people have been doing on TA, I've been saying things and some people have been biting back, so instead of getting involved, I should consider just working onwards and upwards and get some more Walkthroughs done for the site.

You've got enough on your plate as it is bud, and I don't want to give you a disgusting dessert to go on top of it. wink
REJECt444
549,453
REJECt444
Posted on 17 May 15 at 01:16
was looking at the in progress list... saw a lot of titles that were not listed as "need new owners" but still had not been edited in 8-9 months... what is the policy on attempting to aquire one of these?

example: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers has an owner that has not edited it since august of '14. Thats 9 months without a single edit... To me, that says abandonment. How long does something need to sit before it becomes fair game for others again?
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 17 May 15 at 10:21, Edited on 18 May 15 at 00:13 by MC0REBE
Right now, we wait until the owner says they want to abandon it. We are looking into this matter though, it's being discussed by our overseers at the moment.
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 17 May 15 at 11:17
Or if someone else volunteers to do it when no work has been done.
Walkthroughs - Owner 3: Red Dead Redemption, Midnight Club LA & Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. Contributions: Dark Souls, LA Noire
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 17 May 15 at 22:54
We still contact the owner. If no response is given within a set a time frame, we allow access.
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
Oddworld X
289,162
Oddworld X
Posted on 17 May 15 at 23:19
My Beat'n Groovy walkthrough was submitted for review a few days ago and I've heard no word on it since.

I'm just wondering what's going on with it as I'm interested in writing another walkthrough.
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 17 May 15 at 23:24
Oddworld X said:My Beat'n Groovy walkthrough was submitted for review a few days ago and I've heard no word on it since.

I'm just wondering what's going on with it as I'm interested in writing another walkthrough.
I'll get in touch with your assigned overseer. Have you not received one PM from him since you were assigned to it?
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
Oddworld X
289,162
Oddworld X
Posted on 18 May 15 at 00:05
I have not received a message from my overseer since the walkthrough was assigned on April 25th.
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 18 May 15 at 00:11, Edited on 18 May 15 at 00:13 by MC0REBE
Alright, thanks. I'll proofread myself and see if there was any miscommunication whilst assigning. I'll get back to you through PM.
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
REJECt444
549,453
REJECt444
Posted on 18 May 15 at 03:44
Oddworld X said:I'm just wondering what's going on with it as I'm interested in writing another walkthrough.correct me if I'm wrong but once a walkthrough is marked "ready for review" you are then allowed to request a new one even if the previous has not yet been published...
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 18 May 15 at 18:11
REJECt444 said:Oddworld X said:I'm just wondering what's going on with it as I'm interested in writing another walkthrough.correct me if I'm wrong but once a walkthrough is marked "ready for review" you are then allowed to request a new one even if the previous has not yet been published...Yes, you are correct. You can ask for another walkthrough once you have finished it and you have clicked "Ready For Review" and notified the Overseer.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 18 May 15 at 18:28
Not a fan of that policy. Walkthroughs can be rejected. I think they should be assigned after the last one has been published. Management should then be able to use their discretion in assigning another before publishing the last one.
Walkthroughs - Owner 3: Red Dead Redemption, Midnight Club LA & Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. Contributions: Dark Souls, LA Noire
MC0REBE
405,507
MC0REBE
Posted on 18 May 15 at 18:31
LuckyConquerer2 said:Not a fan of that policy. Walkthroughs can be rejected. I think they should be assigned after the last one has been published. Management should then be able to use their discretion in assigning another before publishing the last one.It's case by case mate wink
Walkthrough Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | www.mcoreviews.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.