Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Questions surrounding walkthroughs

• matdanmatdan862,941
    Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:22
    How does one create those coloured boxes around text I see in walkthroughs like FC: Primal does to not denote important information?
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • LoonieleeLoonielee769,487
    Posted on 16 July 17 at 14:50
    matdan said:
    How does one create those coloured boxes around text I see in walkthroughs like FC: Primal does to not denote important information?
    On-site Text Editor Improvements
    This might help.
    Proud member of the Walkthrough Team
  • Posted on 16 July 17 at 17:47
    Loonielee said:
    matdan said:
    This might help.
    pls tell me you can use that bracket code on reviews and blogs as well..
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • LoonieleeLoonielee769,487
    Posted on 16 July 17 at 19:44
    Twinkling82 said:
    Loonielee said:
    matdan said:
    This might help.
    pls tell me you can use that bracket code on reviews and blogs as well..
    Not sure, but the spoiler tag works in most places, so it's worth a go.
    Proud member of the Walkthrough Team
  • Posted on 21 July 17 at 23:14, Edited on 21 July 17 at 23:22 by Leo Ascendent
    Had a question, for Stardew Valley, I'm making a list of items that can potentially be obtained from a source (ex below), and since there are so many, I have spoilers to collapse them, but wasn't sure if that made it look ugly?

Minerals
    [ spoiler ]
    [mineral source]
    (bullet) [item]
    (bullet) [item]
    (bullet) [item]
    (bullet) [item]
    (bullet) [item]
    (bullet) [item]
    etc
    [ /spoiler ]
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,047,981
    Posted on 23 July 17 at 21:18
    Just write it and then preview it. You can always preview your work and get a better feeling for how the final piece will look to your audience.
  • Apostle92627Apostle92627651,807
    Posted on 24 August 17 at 14:47
    Hey, I have a question about WWE 2K17 Walkthrough, which I wrote. For some reason the Walkthrough summery says there's only 5 achievements in the walkthrough when there are actually 58. How do I fix this issue?
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,107,318
    Posted on 24 August 17 at 15:30
    Apostle92627 said:
    Hey, I have a question about WWE 2K17 Walkthrough, which I wrote. For some reason the Walkthrough summery says there's only 5 achievements in the walkthrough when there are actually 58. How do I fix this issue?
    It probably has to do with the achievement links not registering properly. Try replacing the achievement links with new ones by select the old ones and clicking the achievement name at the top of the page. Do this for a few of them, save the changes and see whether the number of achievements in the walkthrough has changed. If so, you'll need to change all of them
    Posted on 24 August 17 at 15:39, Edited on 24 August 17 at 16:19 by Apostle92627
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Apostle92627 said:
    It probably has to do with the achievement links not registering properly. Try replacing the achievement links with new ones by select the old ones and clicking the achievement name at the top of the page. Do this for a few of them, save the changes and see whether the number of achievements in the walkthrough has changed. If so, you'll need to change all of them
    That worked, thanks.

EDIT: I just finished and it's showing all 58 now. Thanks for the help!
  • nuxx aunuxx au796,606
    Posted on 08 September 17 at 09:01
    Just wondering if the walkthrough team has any official policy, or even unofficial thoughts, on the use of animated GIFs in walkthroughs. For my F1 2017 walkthrough I am considering using three short animated GIFs in one section, the loop length of each of them would be pretty short, say ~4 seconds. They could be in a lowish resolution to save everybody bandwidth without losing their usefulness, and I think they would work nicely instead of a YouTube video.
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,047,981
    Posted on 08 September 17 at 09:40
    A GIF is just a special kind of image. As long as the format is supported, it shouldn't really bother anyone. Just try it and preview the page. If the team has anything against them, I am sure they will speak up.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,655,521
    Posted on 08 September 17 at 09:50
    I don't even know if it's a matter of us as a team, but if they work on the site. I've never seen a GIF on this site, so I'm not even sure if they're supported, but it's still worth giving them a try.
  • nuxx aunuxx au796,606
    Posted on 08 September 17 at 10:29
    Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to play guinea pig and give it a go. compute
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,123,212
    Posted on 08 September 17 at 11:00
    I have seen GIFs on site, particularly on LEGO games in regards to all characters.
    Posted on 16 September 17 at 20:28, Edited on 17 September 17 at 13:32 by Apostle92627
    EDIT: Nevermind about my last question. Now my question is:

Is it possible to reserve a walkthrough for a game that's not out yet?
  • Posted on 18 September 17 at 17:17
    Is there a way to put a proper break in?

EX:

(Table Name)
    -Table Contents-

(Table 2 Name)
    -Table 2 Contents-

Whenever I go back and look at it, no matter if I put [br] or the "greater/less than" signs (not sure the proper term for them), it doesn't STAY that way, it always reverts to the below and makes everything look smashed together.

(Table Name)
    -Table Contents-
    (Table 2 Name)
    -Table 2 Contents-
    YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,107,318
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 11:11
    Apostle92627 said:

AFAIK, you can only get assigned to a walkthrough once you have unlocked at least 1 achievement in that game.
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 12:13
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Apostle92627 said:

AFAIK, you can only get assigned to a walkthrough once you have unlocked at least 1 achievement in that game.
    Whilst that is true, if a game has not yet been released, someone can reserve it. BUT they need to start the game on their tag after it is released to be granted access to the walkthrough is all.
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 14:20
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Apostle92627 said:

Whilst that is true, if a game has not yet been released, someone can reserve it. BUT they need to start the game on their tag after it is released to be granted access to the walkthrough is all.
    Okay, how close to release do I have to be before I'm able to reserve the walkthrough? The one I want doesn't release until the middle of next month.
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 15:43
    People have reserved months in advance st times, just post it in the volunteer thread and it can all get sorted.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads