Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Initial Backwards Compatibility Titles Revealed

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic600,919
  • Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:19
    Which game(s) from your Xbox 360 are you hoping to play on your Xbox One console? Virtua Tennis 3 :p
    Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • ZoelzZoelz176,166
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:23
    can someone invite me to preview program? I would really appreciate that.
  • EurydaceEurydace522,805
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:23
    I got invited to the preview program a few times and it never works. I get the message but it never seems to actually put me in it. Anyone willing to give me a third shot? cry
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:29
    OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:29
    So... I know it's a long shot, but if I play these 360 games on my One any chance I can earn achievements again? laugh
  • Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:33
    CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?There is an option on the 360 settings to enable cloud saves. If you have it in the cloud on there, it will be playable on the One.
    The past is just a story we tell ourselves.
  • EdweirddEdweirdd435,530
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:33
    So is it safe to assume playing the 360 games on the One will still net you the original achievements?
  • TopherionTopherion610,956
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:34
    CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?You have access to any save files stored in your 360 cloud saves.
  • GrimmLAN13GrimmLAN13107,415
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:37, Edited on 17 June 15 at 01:23 by GrimmLAN13
    CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?If you have Gold and cloud saves, it'll use those cloud saves.

N+ also works. It seems like it downloads a 'mini' 360 system software with the title, though since I only have N+, I don't know if that system software is shared among all of the BC titles. I know that I had to login to the 360 profile separately from my One profile.

Gen Fire Dragon said:So... I know it's a long shot, but if I play these 360 games on my One any chance I can earn achievements again? laughAchievements appear to work though I only have the one title to play so far. Seriously can't wait for more to show up!

Side note: I'm willing to try to invite people to the Preview. PMs Send me friend requests through Live. I don't check this website more than once a couple days unless I'm actively achievement hunting.

6/16 - I have sent about 60 invites. Any one that sends a request after this edit will be ignored.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:37
    Un4given Raider said:CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?There is an option on the 360 settings to enable cloud saves. If you have it in the cloud on there, it will be playable on the One.OK so I could take a Xbox 360 saved game on hard drive...copy it to the cloud on 360 and then it will be on the Xbox one that way?

I've never really bothered to use the cloud so I'm a bit behind on it.
  • F3arIn0culumF3arIn0culum213,632
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:41, Edited on 16 June 15 at 01:46 by F3arIn0culum
    Please bring Halo, Gears, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age for this.
    Fallout New Vegas too. Even though 3 is already confirmed since it'll be bundled with 4.

Edit: Just noticed that on their site (Xbox.com) they have ODST, Reach, Wars and 3.
    "You will relent, human, or you will perish. All in life is choice. And your day to choose has come." - Ur-Didact, Halo 4
  • Paper21Paper21392,486
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:43
    I could re-download N+ on One but not Small Arms or Hexic. Everything else seems to be right.
  • Zashule 1765Zashule 17651,042,454
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:45
    Looks like more are filtering in, Zuma just showed up, still no BK NaB though.
  • MEGAMAN962MEGAMAN962351,060
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:53
    I want in the preview program headspin
  • AhayzoAhayzo873,426
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:56
    CounterInsurgnt said:Un4given Raider said:CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?There is an option on the 360 settings to enable cloud saves. If you have it in the cloud on there, it will be playable on the One.OK so I could take a Xbox 360 saved game on hard drive...copy it to the cloud on 360 and then it will be on the Xbox one that way?

I've never really bothered to use the cloud so I'm a bit behind on it.
    Yup. I just finished trekking through my hard drive copying all my compatible saves to the cloud and deleting everything else for those games. Works well so far on my One.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 June 15 at 01:58
    OK thanks for the info everyone :)
  • C JittersC Jitters330,035
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 02:02
    An invite woukd be great! :/
  • PrimeBigTimePrimeBigTime679,810
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 02:05
    Great thing about this is once you download on the ONE you can delete the game from the 360 and free up valuable hdd space.
  • AhayzoAhayzo873,426
    Posted on 16 June 15 at 02:06
    PrimeBigTime said:Great thing about this is once you download on the ONE you can delete the game from the 360 and free up valuable hdd space.I just cleared up 10GB, very nice.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.