Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Initial Backwards Compatibility Titles Revealed

• Vanstrom336Vanstrom336607,856
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 01:02
    Love the concept of backwards compatibility so far, and this list will be really helpful, thank you.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,528
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 06:03
    For all of you in the UK and Australia asking for an invite to the Preview program, I have some bad news. Microsoft don't have a Preview program in your region. You will instead have to get an invite to the Preview programme. ;)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • whitedreams2whitedreams2157,080
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 07:28
    Does anyone knows how to access the Xbox 360 dashboard?
    Life is better when you play games
  • Posted on 19 June 15 at 07:31
    You can't access the dashboard of the 360. If you need things off the Xbox 360 guide, you can access it by pressing the menu and view buttons at the same time.
  • PrismSub7PrismSub7494,197
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 07:38
    alklein92201 said:There's nothing to "fix", and no there won't be anything done about it. Any achievement that requires Kinect or USB peripherals will have to be done on the 360, and that won't be changed.They also said they won't do BC itself. Yes they can add hardware support, they just don't want to (yet).
  • Posted on 19 June 15 at 12:36
    I have owned Small Arms for a very long time but for some reason it does not show up in my preview program list of games I can download. I tried the trick to redownload to 360 but that did not force it to show up either. Has anyone got this title to work on Xbox One?
  • AhayzoAhayzo873,426
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 13:32
    PrismSub7 said:alklein92201 said:There's nothing to "fix", and no there won't be anything done about it. Any achievement that requires Kinect or USB peripherals will have to be done on the 360, and that won't be changed.They also said they won't do BC itself. Yes they can add hardware support, they just don't want to (yet).There's a difference between "can't" and "won't".
  • EssDawgEssDawg250,718
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 21:38
    CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard how or if this will work?
  • misfit119misfit119958,009
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 22:10
    godslayer1975 said:greedy people we joined to help , look at you sorry sapps just want stuff faster . we went through bricked consoles and hell in this program but you guys think its just early stuff LOL. its to help make a better console not greedTruly your sacrifices will be remembered in the annals of history.

EssDawg said:CounterInsurgnt said:OK so say you start a game on 360 and all your save gave information is on your Xbox 360 hard drive....you now download the game to Xbox one....so how do you get that game save from 360 to the Xbox one? Do you need to start the game over?I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard how or if this will work?No, nobody has heard of how this would work. Nor has it been answered dozens of times in the thread.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 00:13
    Sorry if I missed it, but if you go here: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibil..., you can see that anything that was on Xbox 360 and requires any Hardware will not be supported via Backwards Compatibility. This includes Kinect, Guitar Hero & Rock Band controllers, Microphones for Lips, singstar & others, DDR pads and more (including possible fitness peripherals). Not on the list, however, are any games that use Portals. I'm assuming it's because they're the exact same on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 01:56
    alklein92201 said:Chunky Ninja said:Last time i looked,the cloud storage on the 360 was hardly anything so i'm not sure if you can move the bigger saves over.It's half a gig, I've never seen a save file that takes up enough to make even a dent in that. I have most of my saves there and am currently moving more, and I still have 470-480MB left.I started moving save files over and found Defiance has a couple updates it considers save files that seem to be pretty big to where it would absorb all the space, so I skipped that game. I am at the P's alphabetically I have 300 something left.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 02:02
    Ok so I found out Small Arms has been pulled from the initial lineup as can be seen from the comments at http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibil...

There is a comment, as there is with all the backwards compatible games "Small Arms via backward compatibility is currently available to those in the Preview Program." Yet when you look at the link it has been removed. Oh well I really wanted to start playing that game again now that my son is old enough to play with me.
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,297,906
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 02:25
    At least they have one good game on that list... -_-
    Get Hype, Bring the Noise!
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 09:33
    I've only got 11 of these games available, a friend has 2 and another friend has 5. Its been like this since it became available. I've been checking every day, and there are no more titles available for any of us. Has this happened to anyone else? Wouldn't mind trying some of the others out.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 11:22
    It all works pretty good. Really weird seeing the xbox 360 pop up menu in game on the xbone. Need more games though!

I never got into mass effect first time round. Regardless I got the disc out and installed it. I've got say the graphics are a lot better that I remember, I think backward compatibility might just give me the motivation to play the ME games through.

I hope if/when they do Skyrim they update the voice commands for kinect 2.0. Quick save, sort items by name, sort items by value we're invaluable to me. Just a shame that my kinnect hearing guards talking through the TV speakers used to somehow set off storm call, In effect killing themselves and of course all the guards in the area blame me!
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 14:37
    Gen Fire Dragon said:So... I know it's a long shot, but if I play these 360 games on my One any chance I can earn achievements again? laughNo. I saw an interview where it specifically said that achievements could be earned for the 360 but not for the One. In other words, while playing 360 games on your One you will only get achievements for the 360. Thus you cannot redo already won achievements.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 16:49
    FullMoonBeaver said:I've only got 11 of these games available, a friend has 2 and another friend has 5. Its been like this since it became available. I've been checking every day, and there are no more titles available for any of us. Has this happened to anyone else? Wouldn't mind trying some of the others out.You will only be able to access games you owned on the 360, you don't get anything you didn't already have the license for. If there are games you bought digitally or currently have the disk for that don't work, report it in the preview programs bug forum. If you never bought Kingdom for Keffings on the 360, it isn't going to show up for you.
  • Tumeke BOBTumeke BOB96,122
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 16:54
    If any one wants to send me a invite to preview would be greatly appreciated :D headspin
  • YaziteYazite397,907
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 16:58
    Tumeke BOB said:If any one wants to send me a invite to preview would be greatly appreciated :D headspinHi Tumeke. Please post here All Preview Invite Requests Go Here to request an invite.
    Steam ID: EYazz
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.