Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Confirms 25 ID@Xbox Titles Part 1

• Posted on 20 March 14 at 16:50Permalink
    Really looking forward to these games! they need to start releasing bone games asap so I have a reason to turn it on.
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd389,678
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 18:13Permalink
    1001 spikes looks very NES :) I hope they'll all come to 360 as well.
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
  • Posted on 20 March 14 at 18:16Permalink
    as much as im a Sony fan i like the look of some of these games, ill be getting a xboxone eventually so its good to see that they have a platform for indie games.

It seems fashionable to knock Microsoft atm but they are doing a lot of good work in aiding developers in their games..can only be a good thing
  • KillrNutKillrNut128,508
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 19:25, Edited on 20 March 14 at 19:25 by KillrNutPermalink
    I will be happy to see the pinball arcade get a proper re-release on Xbox, with all DLC tables available.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,932
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 19:28Permalink
    Gunscape is my top pick here, but Forced and Calibre 10 look cool too.
  • TerrinTerrin2,034,464
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 19:49Permalink
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Best ln Philly said:
    I hope these games don't have 1000g or gamerscore is ruined!
    They will. On Xbox One games are just games and all will have 1000.
    We don't know that for sure yet, they might not even get achievements like indie games, Who knows!
    Yes, we do know that actually. https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/statuses/432917161766428674 as posted by MysticWeirdo in the part 2 topic.
    redface hadn't seen that, doenst say they will be 1000G though.
    Chris did stat that all games regardless of how it is released if it is digital, a id@xbox title or a retail release all games will have 1000 gs take these as just digital only released.
    The main reason for this is they checked and people didn't buy games on arcade due to them not considering them full games.

But for those complaining that this will ruin gamescroe its not like they are opening the flood gates to eveyr person only specifc developers are getting to release stuff so there is a gate keeper to keep the press a for 1000 g games out
  • redjarmanredjarman374,509
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 03:10Permalink
    Oh my god I loved Chip's Challenge, so I'll definitely get Chuck's
  • WeighingBruteWeighingBrute1,277,281
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 12:19Permalink
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Best ln Philly said:
    We don't know that for sure yet, they might not even get achievements like indie games, Who knows!
    Yes, we do know that actually. https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/statuses/432917161766428674 as posted by MysticWeirdo in the part 2 topic.
    well if you think of it this way one its next gen 2 are you willing to pay £10 - £15 on a arcade game worth only between 200 -400 in my personal opinion bringing each game to 1000g is worth paying for that price anything under 1000g is a waste of money but hey that's my opinion
    wb
  • Posted on 21 March 14 at 12:32Permalink
    WeighingBrute said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Best ln Philly said:
    well if you think of it this way one its next gen 2 are you willing to pay £10 - £15 on a arcade game worth only between 200 -400 in my personal opinion bringing each game to 1000g is worth paying for that price anything under 1000g is a waste of money but hey that's my opinion
    A shoddy one at that. You're basically paying for score. Does ANYONE buy a game based on content anymore and not score attached?
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,063,251
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 16:22Permalink
    I've spent more time on arcade games than many of my retail games. 1000GS for those games is welcome, IMO.
  • Posted on 21 March 14 at 17:33Permalink
    I suspect the developers of Spelunky would be interested in 1001 Spikes. Looks like a plagiarism suit waiting to happen.
    Prime directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law.
  • Eos CreonEos Creon189,662
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 19:13Permalink
    I 0NLY777 I said:
    WTF, Pinball Arcade?? They should sort their legal issues on the Xbox platform first before reissuing it on next gen. There's already plenty of disgruntled Xbox users out there with regards to this title without adding to them!
    I agree, I can't complete it, because I needed 1 more DLC.
  • Posted on 22 March 14 at 00:42Permalink
    Seems good can't wait for some of these gsmes!
  • Posted on 22 March 14 at 09:29, Edited on 22 March 14 at 09:32 by Antr0p0phagusPermalink
    I will buy a Xbox One this year, but I will not waste my money on games like this, unless one of them provides me with super quick 1000Gs.
    It's the newest generation of consoles and they publish games with the graphics of a GameBoy Color game... Even on SNES Games had better graphics than that 1001 Spikes one. This is a bad joke! I know that graphics are by far not the most important thing in a game, but this is ridiculous. If I wanted to play this kind of game, I'd get out my old GameBoy, or switch on my SNES and play some Mario.
    No need to spend money on something that has been there for 30 years.

Actually I'd consider getting C 10, if it turns out good. Also FRU looks like it COULD be fun.
    And I can understand when people like Forced, if they are into this type of game.
    I can't help it, but Chucks Challenge looks like a free browser game to me laugh
  • WeighingBruteWeighingBrute1,277,281
    Posted on 22 March 14 at 13:46Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:
    WeighingBrute said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Spilner said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Best ln Philly said:
    A shoddy one at that. You're basically paying for score. Does ANYONE buy a game based on content anymore and not score attached?
    its not really about the score it makes perfect sense u basically wasting £10 - £15 pound for a game that is basically not worth the money and if you think that than why are u signed up for TA if you are not bothered about score again that is my opinion
    wb
  • Posted on 22 March 14 at 13:57Permalink
    You just made a lot of great points with that giant sentence.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Sicho 666Sicho 666347,390
    Posted on 22 March 14 at 14:12Permalink
    Couldn't Oddworld Inhabitants use this as a way to release Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty on the Xbox One? Would be a shame if we had to miss out while PS4, PS3, PC and even Wii U owners are able to play it.

(Note: I do have both a PS3 and a PC but would still rather play it on my Xbox One)
  • Goggs25Goggs251,183,207
    Posted on 22 March 14 at 14:32Permalink
    Forced looks good but until microsoft take there head from up there ass and lower the price of xbox one which is way over priced
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 24 March 14 at 09:08Permalink
    Holy Nintendo batman
    BILLTHECRUSHER
  • AngelTiddlesAngelTiddles244,127
    Posted on 04 July 14 at 23:16Permalink
    Gunscape looks like Doom 1 & 2 that will run on a Pentium with 3D Rage Pro GPU, and FRU looks like it came off a Nintendo system from the 80's. What is it with all these crappy pixellated games like Minecraft, on MODERN ultra-powerful hardware?

If you want pixels, go buy an Amiga or Commodore! Consoles today were made for Forza 5 type games, not this pixelly rubbish! Retro-heads do my head in, they're all the indie industry seems to cater to :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.