The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Ultimate Game Sale Daily Deals: February 24th

• Posted on 24 February 14 at 19:45Permalink
    At least for me, this is the worst daily offers XD, but i've heard good stuff about Limbo, so I might pick that up.

All week I didn't picked anything, because I already had the games or not slightly interested in the others, i only regret not picking up TWD ep. 1, i didn't have money in my account, now I do. =(

And i was going to pick up PERSONA 4 from the other weekly sale, but then i remembered that the expansion is only coming to the ps3 ¬¬. Does anybody knows why all the anime fighters goes mostly only for ps3?? and when the 360 gets them, they don't get the expansions??
  • Posted on 24 February 14 at 19:52Permalink
    Is Tropico 4 a good deal at $9.89 U.S.?

I know there's a crapload of DLC for it, and also that the "Gold Edition" with DLC doesn't include *all* the DLC. I wouldn't get the DLC unless it goes on sale at *least* 50% off. Is the game by itself pretty good?
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • XBL GOATXBL GOAT163,391
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 19:54Permalink
    I highly recommend Limbo and Rock of Ages. Debating on Puzzle Quest 2 but I'm leaning towards no.
  • Posted on 24 February 14 at 20:21Permalink
    Are these daily sales something that is going on for a limited time or will they be continuing into the future?
  • B rizzle098B rizzle098151,956
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 20:44Permalink
    Definitely gonna be busy next month with Dead Island and Limbo. And i got them both for under a fiver! smile
  • PetrifiedPetrified988,855
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 20:55Permalink
    I ended up buying Runner 2, Walking Dead Season 2 Ep 1, and The Orang Box. I probably won't play any of them.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude711,743
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 21:06Permalink
    Might get Tropico 4.
  • blueracer442blueracer442534,749
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 21:40Permalink
    Lets see with Limbo and Puzzle Quest 2 thats 14 or 15 new arcade games added to the backlog
    Keep it Classy TA
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje348,392
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 21:46Permalink
    IMHUW said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    More garbage Sales by Microsoft. And yes, they ARE garbage. Oblivion has been completed for years now as completely as can be. And Limbo has been on Sale at least 3 times before for under 50% off. Puzzle Quest 2, as the name suggests, is utter crap. What were the deva thinking? The title is a dead giveaway that no one will want to play 'this' game. laugh
    just because you have completed oblivion doesn't mean everyone has and puzzle quest 1 was actually a pretty good game, it's actually a good sale, I've picked up quite a lot, just because there is nothing you are interested in doesn't mean it's crap
    You're correct. Puzzle Quest 1 is a good game. That's why everyone has every right to be so disappointed with PQ2. What could they do wrong? Well, just about everything apparently.
    Everyone, what did you like about PQ1? The story? The dialogue? The choices? The vibrant atmosphere? The music? The unlimited diversity in creating your own selection of skills and (thus) tactics?
    It's hard to believe, but that is all gone in PQ2. The game starts promising in a village with npc's to talk to and giving you quests...but that's about all the optional interaction you'll be having with people in the game. The rest of the game is just battle after battle after battle in horribly bland dungeons where nothing is going on. Really, you'll find yourself begging for anything special to do. And these dungeons get bigger and bigger. Your skill tree is preselected so you'll always be doing the exact same and those battles quickly lose all challenge because you get overpowered pretty quickly.
    It wears on your mind and drains all energy and there is nothing to keep you awake. (Not even music! Some ambient sounds in battles and nothing at all outside battles!)

I could go on forever but the game is not worth it. Seriously, avoid this one if you're getting it based on positive experiences with Puzzle Quest 1. What a letdown...
    (Though in all honesty, I really liked the monster illustrations in PQ2.)
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421325,396
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 21:52Permalink
    IMHUW said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    More garbage Sales by Microsoft. And yes, they ARE garbage. Oblivion has been completed for years now as completely as can be. And Limbo has been on Sale at least 3 times before for under 50% off. Puzzle Quest 2, as the name suggests, is utter crap. What were the deva thinking? The title is a dead giveaway that no one will want to play 'this' game. laugh
    just because you have completed oblivion doesn't mean everyone has and puzzle quest 1 was actually a pretty good game, it's actually a good sale, I've picked up quite a lot, just because there is nothing you are interested in doesn't mean it's crap
    I was a couple years late to playing Oblivion, and even then, I took several month-long breaks between playing the nearly 1000 hour game. So I spent about 2 years from start to finish to complete it and the DLC, and Skyrim has been out for a while too now, along with all it's DLC, and I've yet to touch that game.

So how exactly is this a good Sale? You're argument is invalid. At least I backed up my argument. Oblivion has been on Sale before and a disc copy only goes for <$10 anyway.
  • DmnJuiceDmnJuice79,894
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 22:01, Edited on 24 February 14 at 22:08 by DmnJuicePermalink
    jonmilton89 said:
    Where did all this talk of a DLC sale come up? I haven't heard of it and no-one has confirmed it yet.
    I think it's coming from this tweet by the Xbox Studio Manager: https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/435417821732810753

Lot of people asked for better deals on our digital marketplace, so we’re testing some…

..and 2/18 through 2/24 you can get Ryse: Son of Rome off digital marketplace for $39.99! Special deal on add ons starts 2/25.
    DLC sales should start tomorrow if that's what is meant by that last sentence.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf443,271
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 22:44Permalink
    Masterpasje said:
    IMHUW said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    You're correct. Puzzle Quest 1 is a good game. That's why everyone has every right to be so disappointed with PQ2. What could they do wrong? Well, just about everything apparently.
    Everyone, what did you like about PQ1? The story? The dialogue? The choices? The vibrant atmosphere? The music? The unlimited diversity in creating your own selection of skills and (thus) tactics?
    It's hard to believe, but that is all gone in PQ2. The game starts promising in a village with npc's to talk to and giving you quests...but that's about all the optional interaction you'll be having with people in the game. The rest of the game is just battle after battle after battle in horribly bland dungeons where nothing is going on. Really, you'll find yourself begging for anything special to do. And these dungeons get bigger and bigger. Your skill tree is preselected so you'll always be doing the exact same and those battles quickly lose all challenge because you get overpowered pretty quickly.
    It wears on your mind and drains all energy and there is nothing to keep you awake. (Not even music! Some ambient sounds in battles and nothing at all outside battles!)

I could go on forever but the game is not worth it. Seriously, avoid this one if you're getting it based on positive experiences with Puzzle Quest 1. What a letdown...
    not to mention that enemies HP scale with your level, at level 1 they have like 30hp, go back and fight the enemy at level 50 and they have 500hp. Block Block Block, 5 damage at a time, fights take forever.
  • MEGAMAN962MEGAMAN962348,212
    Posted on 24 February 14 at 23:07Permalink
    Perhaps I'm misreading, but some of the posts I've seen throughout the week seem to indicate that a DLC sale is coming up after this Ultimate Game Sale ends. Is this true, am I misreading, or is this speculation on the upcoming Deal of the Week?

If it's true, please point me in the direction of the site you saw this on. I've got a long list of DLC's I've been waiting on sales for laugh
  • Posted on 24 February 14 at 23:14Permalink
    Metro is really tempting but Oblivion for less than $4 is a hell of a deal for anyone that has yet to play it. Although, if you intend to get the Shivering Isles DLC you could get a new Oblivion GOTY hard copy for roughly the same price these days.

On the topic of DLC sales starting tomorrow I sincerely hope Tomb Raider: Legend finally comes back around. I've been waiting far too long for that.
    Each One Teach One
  • Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:00Permalink
    Dern, already have all the arcade titles.

Crossing my fingers for Halo 4 and Black Flag season passes this upcoming week!
  • IMHUWIMHUW95,685
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:19Permalink
    ptracey1421 said:
    IMHUW said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    I was a couple years late to playing Oblivion, and even then, I took several month-long breaks between playing the nearly 1000 hour game. So I spent about 2 years from start to finish to complete it and the DLC, and Skyrim has been out for a while too now, along with all it's DLC, and I've yet to touch that game.

So how exactly is this a good Sale? You're argument is invalid. At least I backed up my argument. Oblivion has been on Sale before and a disc copy only goes for <$10 anyway.
    all I'm saying is it isn't a crap sale just because there is nothing that interests you, I actually picked up quite alot so I thought it was pretty good
  • Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:21Permalink
    Does anyone know if OVerlord 2 online still up and running?
    Happy gaming.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:24Permalink
    rocking23nf said:
    Masterpasje said:
    IMHUW said:
    ptracey1421 said:

not to mention that enemies HP scale with your level, at level 1 they have like 30hp, go back and fight the enemy at level 50 and they have 500hp. Block Block Block, 5 damage at a time, fights take forever.
    It really just depends on which class you play with. The Assassin makes just about every fight a walk in the park with those Poison blades. Doing about 20+ unblockable damage every turn makes short work of even the biggest enemies, even that Green Dragon.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever1,826,793
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:38Permalink
    I hated the first overlord because of no in game map. Is the second any better, easier to play, etc.?
    Fallout New Vegas 10/19/10!!!
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje348,392
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:39Permalink
    Gacys Clown said:
    It really just depends on which class you play with. The Assassin makes just about every fight a walk in the park with those Poison blades. Doing about 20+ unblockable damage every turn makes short work of even the biggest enemies, even that Green Dragon.
    The assassin is able to use the best (=game breaking) poison, the other three classes can use lesser versions that are still ridiculously effective.
    I'd say the barbarian (berserker? What's it called?) starts off as the weakest and takes the longest to become as overpowered as everyone else, but once they do, it's back to the same mindless way of fighting all those many battles. (Of course, it's entirely my own fault for wanting to remove every monster from the field so it's very possible to get through the game fighting less battles.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.