The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Ultimate Game Sale Daily Deals: February 24th

  • smakzillaasmakzillaa608,614
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 00:42Permalink
    All the stuff that is currently online for Dotw and DLC sale is not looking promising
  • V1p3rs biteV1p3rs bite334,505
  • Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:08Permalink
    Limbo - I couldn't pass that one.

    I tried. I really did.
    The new dashboard sux!
  • ReilixReilix123,832
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:26, Edited on 25 February 14 at 01:27 by ReilixPermalink
    This really was a weeklong sale of epic proportions. I got:
    Capcom arcade $2.99
    Ridge Racer Unbounded $4.99
    DLC1 Bundle $ .74
    DLC2 Bundle $ .74
    DLC3 Bundle $ .74
    Royal Purple Exclusive Skin $ .74
    DLC4 Bundle $1.24
    Guardians of Middle Earth $1.04
    Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale $1.99
    Runner 2 $1.94
    Soul Caliber II HD $4.99
    Bejeweled 3 $1.04
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD $4.94
    Walking Dead: Season 2 Ep 1 $ .99
    Brothers $4.04
    Viking $3.74
    Fallout 3 $4.94
    Pool Nation $ .99
    Real Steel $1.99
    NiGHTS into Dreams $2.49
    The Orange Box $4.99
    Limbo $2.99
    Bastion $2.99
    Fruit Ninja Kinect $.99
    --------------
    Grand Total: $58.01 (US)

    That's 19 games (22 if you count all the games in the orange box individually) for less than the price of 1 new retail game! EPIC SALE.
    Reilix
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:33, Edited on 25 February 14 at 01:34 by Permalink
    Masterpasje said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    It really just depends on which class you play with. The Assassin makes just about every fight a walk in the park with those Poison blades. Doing about 20+ unblockable damage every turn makes short work of even the biggest enemies, even that Green Dragon.
    The assassin is able to use the best (=game breaking) poison, the other three classes can use lesser versions that are still ridiculously effective.
    I'd say the barbarian (berserker? What's it called?) starts off as the weakest and takes the longest to become as overpowered as everyone else, but once they do, it's back to the same mindless way of fighting all those many battles. (Of course, it's entirely my own fault for wanting to remove every monster from the field so it's very possible to get through the game fighting less battles.)
    You're a masochist my friend!laugh While the assassin/poison does help speed things up, I have to agree with everyone else that it is still rather monotonous. The best way to play this game is to just do a couple battles, then play something else. That's pretty much how I completed this on 360 and WP. Soooo, maybe I'm the masochist...redfacelaugh
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher963,262
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:42Permalink
    There were lots of great sales this week! I hope Microsoft keeps it up. But they'll probably make the next sale something lame like Call of Duty.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant526,310
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:45Permalink
    Seoulcrusher said:
    There were lots of great sales this week! I hope Microsoft keeps it up. But they'll probably make the next sale something lame like Call of Duty.
    You checked Xbldb.com didn't you? Own up laugh

    CoD Mw3 and Black Ops on sale. Both games and their DLC on sale (inc. BLOPS Season Pass).
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry330,749
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 01:57Permalink
    Is the only way to get all the DLC for MW3 still through those individual packs, or is there some "ultimate bundle" I should be aware of before I go purchasing them?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant526,310
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 02:02Permalink
    There was an Elite package but I think that got stopped. I think. Don't quote me on that.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Alcapwn6969Alcapwn6969422,864
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 02:12Permalink
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    I hated the first overlord because of no in game map. Is the second any better, easier to play, etc.?
    The second is more of a farce, and imho much more enjoyable. Towards the end the enemies are kind of an over-animated let down, but it has a very strong start. I don't recall about the in-game map, but overall the game is much easier. Be sure to look up the achievement list first, so you know about the destruction/domination 100% achievements, and as such only need two playthroughs.

    I don't know why the game has such a low completion percentage- none of the achievements are brutal, the multiplayer can easily be done in one session, and there's no achievement DLC.
  • Posted on 25 February 14 at 02:18Permalink
    Got Driver SF
    American Nightmare
    Motorcross Madness
    Guardians of middle-earth
    Left 4 Dead, again after selling it ages ago.
    Brothers tale of two sons
    and Sonic Generations
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher963,262
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 02:30Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Seoulcrusher said:
    There were lots of great sales this week! I hope Microsoft keeps it up. But they'll probably make the next sale something lame like Call of Duty.
    You checked Xbldb.com didn't you? Own up laugh

    CoD Mw3 and Black Ops on sale. Both games and their DLC on sale (inc. BLOPS Season Pass).
    Guilty as charged. redface
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje348,392
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 02:54Permalink
    Gacys Clown said:
    Masterpasje said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    It really just depends on which class you play with. The Assassin makes just about every fight a walk in the park with those Poison blades. Doing about 20+ unblockable damage every turn makes short work of even the biggest enemies, even that Green Dragon.
    The assassin is able to use the best (=game breaking) poison, the other three classes can use lesser versions that are still ridiculously effective.
    I'd say the barbarian (berserker? What's it called?) starts off as the weakest and takes the longest to become as overpowered as everyone else, but once they do, it's back to the same mindless way of fighting all those many battles. (Of course, it's entirely my own fault for wanting to remove every monster from the field so it's very possible to get through the game fighting less battles.)
    You're a masochist my friend!laugh While the assassin/poison does help speed things up, I have to agree with everyone else that it is still rather monotonous. The best way to play this game is to just do a couple battles, then play something else. That's pretty much how I completed this on 360 and WP. Soooo, maybe I'm the masochist...redfacelaugh
    Then it's a tie because I did two full playthroughs on the 360 fighting every single monster. Needed a second run because I don't look at achievements before playing and didn't bash all the doors. Which is yet another stupid mistake this game chose to make: offering 3 types of minigames, but "forcing" the player to always choose the same one in order to get an achievement.
    One run with a male templar and one with a female barbarian. To my surprise, the game didn't even have different monologue for them inbetween the chapters. It's a miracle they did remember to include a male voice and a female voice! laugh
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf443,271
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 05:15Permalink
    ugh yet another COD sale. in 2 weeks it will be GTA4 im sure.
  • CASS190684CASS190684241,708
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 05:21Permalink
    Despite what everyone else thought of PQ2, I actually quite enjoyed it, both on 360 and WP. Definitely not as good as PQ: Challenge Of The Warlords or PQ: Galactrix but I still enjoyed playing it overall. It did get rather monotonous though, I'll agree.

    I highly recommend Limbo to anyone still yet to pick it up. Brilliant little game! Get it!
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Tankk OGTankk OG538,260 538,260 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 05:53Permalink
    If you havent played Metro Last Light then id get that its one of the best games of last year for me
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever1,826,793
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 06:45Permalink
    Alcapwn6969 said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    I hated the first overlord because of no in game map. Is the second any better, easier to play, etc.?
    The second is more of a farce, and imho much more enjoyable. Towards the end the enemies are kind of an over-animated let down, but it has a very strong start. I don't recall about the in-game map, but overall the game is much easier. Be sure to look up the achievement list first, so you know about the destruction/domination 100% achievements, and as such only need two playthroughs.

    I don't know why the game has such a low completion percentage- none of the achievements are brutal, the multiplayer can easily be done in one session, and there's no achievement DLC.
    Thanks! I purchased it already before you posted! Figure, I love rpg's so I can't lose:)
    Fallout New Vegas 10/19/10!!!
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator245,824
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 07:40Permalink
    mildly tempting but think I'll skip this one. took advantage of some of the other daily sales already :) but will continue checking in even if my wallet's not appreciating it lol
  • Posted on 25 February 14 at 08:12Permalink
    Where's the DLC sale ?!?
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip359,362
    Posted on 25 February 14 at 08:14Permalink
    Time to check out SR4.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.