The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 25th, 2013

• matdanmatdan862,275
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:39, Edited on 25 December 13 at 14:43 by matdan
    Sucks that I cannot get Eternal Sonata as I have no Gold. :(

Anyone know if non-VPN methods work still? Wanting to get SSX from Canada.

Charlie Murder has an Unobtainable you have been warned.
  • Lainey80Lainey80126,377
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:41
    El shaddai needs to be GOND in the uk, i'd of bought that at £5. Merry Xmas everybody!
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO1,070,466
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:44
    Can anybody tell me if SSX compares to the old ones and is worth getting? I'm worried about the length of the online achievements too.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:50
    I think after reading the comments, I'm going to pick up ducktales. Seems like the achievements are more obtainable.
  • Pete111111Pete111111387,717
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:50
    Pretty decent sale for once.Any opinions on brothers or the bridge?
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 14:52, Edited on 25 December 13 at 15:04 by Skooks
    Lozzyx said:
    Charlie murder has an unobtainable atm the relic achievement if you look no1 has completed it
    matdan12 said:
    Charlie Murder has an Unobtainable you have been warned.
    Ska Studios is working out a patch thankfully; they haven't forgotten. Hopefully, it'll be resolved soon early next year.

Probably going to pick up The Bridge and TWAU Season Pass.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:00, Edited on 25 December 13 at 15:02 by Skooks
    ScorchPSO said:
    Can anybody tell me if SSX compares to the old ones and is worth getting? I'm worried about the length of the online achievements too.
    SSX (2012), I believe, is a mix between SSX 3 and On Tour (without skis). I'd certainly say it's a little more challenging than the others, but still a blast to play. Also, the online achievements are pretty bearable; they don't require too much work. I've completed the game, but I might buy it digitally for that price (rented it a few times).
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO1,070,466
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:07
    Thrashballer said:
    ScorchPSO said:
    SSX (2012), I believe, is a mix between SSX 3 and On Tour (without skis). I'd certainly say it's a little more challenging than the others, but still a blast to play. Also, the online achievements are pretty bearable; they don't require too much work. I've completed the game, but I might buy it digitally for that price (rented it a few times).
    Alright, Thanks man!
  • MaxxxineMaxxxine341,178
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:19
    Gutted about Wolf Among Us, 'cause bought episode 1 and the season pass on the release day! Ooooh weeellll!
  • KillrNutKillrNut168,023
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:23, Edited on 25 December 13 at 15:25 by KillrNut
    ScorchPSO said:
    See my walkthough if you need help with SSX. :-)

*Shameless plug*

SSX is enjoyable. Some parts of world tour are annoying, but the game itself is mostly fun. It's entirely single-player, however, so I hope you weren't looking for a multiplayer aspect.

Anyway, everyone on TA must be all dazed and tired this morning, because I don't see the usual crying and whining from the userbase, bitching at MS for not giving them enough...
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:28
    Damn, I hope my money is on my bank card cuz i need the season pass
  • pezza888pezza888179,765
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:30
    Wolf season pass is a good deal, but I haven't had time to play the free episode 1 yet!!
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:32
    I read somewere yesterday that gotham city impostors were permanently deducted with 75%. Is that right or wrong?

Is this only for this one week and then the prices will go up again for this game?

Also same question for orc attack, foul play and frogger, duck tales remastered.counter strike GO
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA355,966
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:37
    Just throwing out my recommendation for Eternal Sonata. It's a good little RPG and a steal at this price.
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • trollsboxtrollsbox255,305 255,305 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:40
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an american, a european, and a japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
  • GuidalityGuidality897,120
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:43
    Picked up deadlight, I am alive, wold among us, and NCAA football '14. Was really yearning for a football game with all the bowl games going on. Went nuts on these deals to make up for every single deal that I passed on. Glad I waited!
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:48
    Bought The Wolf Among Us season pass and the first episode (free)! After seriously 3.0 thats the first game I m gonna start! OH YEAH!!!
  • AnavrynAnavryn785,124
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 15:51
    Just got Eternal Sonata. Totally forgot about that game until now and at what a price! Need more JRPG in my life. And Wolf Among Us just cuz.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,112
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:06
    Deadlight for sure.

Flashback's trial seems fun, but everyone seems to hate it? Any comments as to why?
    ^ That made sense to me at 4:20...
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:14
    All 5 episodes of The Wolf Among Us for £6.69. SOLD!

So glad I waited to buy this. smile

People shouldn't have bought the Season Pass until a day before episode 2 comes out, there's no point in buying it early. It's not as if it's going to go up in price, only down.

I've done exactly the same with Walking Dead Season 2, will wait until the day before episode 2 is released before buying the Season Pass.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads