The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 25th, 2013

• Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:17
    Eternal Sonata at that price is a steal.

I own none of the other games for sale. What are the best ones to get?
    This space for rent.
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y402,244
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:19
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Captain Animal said:
    I picked up Brothers but not much else there interests me. Also, I find it incredibly frustrating that games in the UK are far more expensive than they should be! Diablo III should be about £25, based on the $ - £ exchange rate, not £35!
    Don't forget, the US prices do not include government taxes, while the UK and Euro prices do. That's the majority of the price difference between regions (it's only about $3 after you remove taxes, still not equal but not nearly as bad).
    It rarely equates for the difference. Often you have prices in the US that are cheaper as a numerical value - that is, far cheaper even before you take account of the exchange rate.

In no world does $14.99 = £19.99

Though this is not always the case, it's far from rare!
    Category 4D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,950,417
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:21
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Deadlight for sure.

Flashback's trial seems fun, but everyone seems to hate it? Any comments as to why?
    Was going to ask the same thing. Looked decent but not sure on the purchase
    Achievementhunter.com
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,950,417
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:24
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    Eternal Sonata at that price is a steal.

I own none of the other games for sale. What are the best ones to get?
    If you want the challenge, pick up SSX. It's beautiful and a blast to play.

Deadlight might be a good pick up too. I perfected and was meh. Most people loved that game to the max however.
    Achievementhunter.com
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:31
    S P 4 C E Y said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Captain Animal said:
    I picked up Brothers but not much else there interests me. Also, I find it incredibly frustrating that games in the UK are far more expensive than they should be! Diablo III should be about £25, based on the $ - £ exchange rate, not £35!
    Don't forget, the US prices do not include government taxes, while the UK and Euro prices do. That's the majority of the price difference between regions (it's only about $3 after you remove taxes, still not equal but not nearly as bad).
    It rarely equates for the difference. Often you have prices in the US that are cheaper as a numerical value - that is, far cheaper even before you take account of the exchange rate.

In no world does $14.99 = £19.99

Though this is not always the case, it's far from rare!
    Yeah it just shows off sale how poor Microsoft's local pricing is on GOD,
    Funny how Arcade games are always correct yet God can't be.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,240,098
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:36
    So I'm confused by the article. The Wolf Among Us isnt actually free?

The Wolf is shared Among Us for free
    Firstly, there's the new daily deal for the Countdown to 2014, which today cuts the price of the Season Pass for Telltale's The Wolf Among Us by 33%:
  • XtowersXtowers1,139,708
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:46
    The Wolf Among Us is currently $10 for all 5 eps, similar to what the sale price would probably be later on at 50% off. You should probably just buy it now, rather than wait for a sale later, and enjoy the episodes as they are released.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:47
    Chris1984uk said:
    So I'm confused by the article. The Wolf Among Us isnt actually free?

The Wolf is shared Among Us for free
    Firstly, there's the new daily deal for the Countdown to 2014, which today cuts the price of the Season Pass for Telltale's The Wolf Among Us by 33%:
    Episode 1 normally costs $5, but is currently free for the rest of the week.

The Season Pass is on sale today only and it covers Episodes 2-5 which release sometime later.
  • Juicy JuiceJuicy Juice386,117
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:49
    Is I am alive any good?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:54
    Quite disappointed by this, good deal but for some reason I was expecting more
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 16:56
    MattiasAnderson said:
    I read somewere yesterday that gotham city impostors were permanently deducted with 75%. Is that right or wrong?

Is this only for this one week and then the prices will go up again for this game?

Also same question for orc attack, foul play and frogger, duck tales remastered.counter strike GO
    Anyone know?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:02
    MattiasAnderson said:
    MattiasAnderson said:
    I read somewere yesterday that gotham city impostors were permanently deducted with 75%. Is that right or wrong?

Is this only for this one week and then the prices will go up again for this game?

Also same question for orc attack, foul play and frogger, duck tales remastered.counter strike GO
    Anyone know?
    They don't show up in the DOTW page nor the daily deals so quite possible its perminant.
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy418,352
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:02
    Xeali0n said:
    Is I am alive any good?
    I enjoyed it. Only played through it once, collecting all the achievements, so I can't say the replay value is very high. The current price should justify that. I say download it!
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,370,525
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:05
    Be careful with Beautiful Katamari if you're familiar with the other two games, half the game is DLC. Eternal Storytime might be decent at that price, but it slogs on well before the game is complete.

I thought The Bridge was phenomenal at full price, so I'd heartily suggest that one. SSX is similarly a steal at that price and one of my favorite games of 2012.

I'll probably pick up The Wolf Among Us and Hitman: Absolution at the very least. Time to research the rest of it.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,563,429
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:12
    Nice!!!
    Gtech
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57926,643
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:19
    Good sales today! Bully is really fun, although a bit glitchy. Deadlight is pretty good as well. Too bad I bought Eternal Sonata a while ago since I still haven't played it.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite5,300,051
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:30
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an american, a european, and a japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
    Uh no. You just need the accounts. You don't need the foreign-region Xboxes to play foreign-region digital content except for a couple of exceptions for the south Korean dead rising 2 arcade games.
  • trollsboxtrollsbox255,305 255,305 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 17:56, Edited on 25 December 13 at 17:57 by trollsbox
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an American, a European, and a Japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
    Uh no. You just need the accounts. You don't need the foreign-region Xboxes to play foreign-region digital content except for a couple of exceptions for the south Korean dead rising 2 arcade games.
    Oh right. That's pretty handy still,it will cost a bit to get the other versions if you do not get them on sale or something.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 18:11
    I knew I did the right thing in waiting for The Wolf Among Us!!!
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator288,900
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 18:18
    Glad I waited to get The Wolf Among Us :D grabbed the discounted season pass while I was at it so I guess the free episode was kinda canceled out but oh well lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads