The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 25th, 2013

• spletchiespletchie638,192
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 21:24
    Spilner said:
    MattiasAnderson said:
    MattiasAnderson said:
    I read somewere yesterday that gotham city impostors were permanently deducted with 75%. Is that right or wrong?

Is this only for this one week and then the prices will go up again for this game?

Also same question for orc attack, foul play and frogger, duck tales remastered.counter strike GO
    Anyone know?
    They don't show up in the DOTW page nor the daily deals so quite possible its perminant.
    All those games show up for me on the third page of the Countdown to 2014 sales - under "save up to 75% off" - along with Brothers, I Am Alive and Deadlight. So, they could possibly keep them permanently discounted, but as of now they all appear to be just part of the current sale.
  • Arashi SoraArashi Sora302,808
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 21:40
    Highly recommend Eternal Sonata. It's a great JRPG.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 22:45
    Roxas583 said:
    I am so glad I waited to buy TWAU. $10 for the season pass and episode 1 for free? I am getting 5 episodes but only paying for 2.
    Yup it feels good doesn't it
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,069,638
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 22:51
    Free game, and a discount on the season pass? Yes please.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 23:17
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Purchased smile Really good price, i love this period.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 23:34
    Is the brothers game kinda slow? Tried the demo and seemed slow
  • EelectricalEelectrical219,754
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 23:38, Edited on 25 December 13 at 23:39 by Eelectrical
    Grabbed The Wolf Among Us first episode, after finishing it I immediately purchased the season pass, a bargain smile
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 00:08
    Picked up Brothes, A.R.E.S, Ducktales, Charlie Murder, Foul Play and The Bridge. Got the free episode of The Wolf Amoung Us, dunno if I should get the pass while it's discounted....
    CJ tainted this sig
  • Snarky MinxSnarky Minx518,441
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 00:25
    I'm gonna hold out on the pass since I know the other episodes will be dropped to 50% at some sale in the future, probably won't happen until near next Christmas but my backlog is still strong.
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP363,560
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 00:37
    Badly Worn Toy said:
    Picked up Brothes, A.R.E.S, Ducktales, Charlie Murder, Foul Play and The Bridge. Got the free episode of The Wolf Amoung Us, dunno if I should get the pass while it's discounted....
    Just think about this BWT. With the first episode being free you are really only paying for 2 episodes if you buy the pass now.
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 01:50
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an american, a european, and a japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
    Uh no. You just need the accounts. You don't need the foreign-region Xboxes to play foreign-region digital content except for a couple of exceptions for the south Korean dead rising 2 arcade games.
    Wait, this is a gold exclusive deal so you'd need Gold in those regions...no?
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 01:57
    Thinking about getting Counter Strike, Hitman Absolution and SSX. Is Hitman worth it?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,990
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 02:27, Edited on 26 December 13 at 05:17 by HolyHalfDead
    spletchie said:
    MattiasAnderson said:
    I read somewere yesterday that gotham city impostors were permanently deducted with 75%. Is that right or wrong?

Is this only for this one week and then the prices will go up again for this game?

Also same question for orc attack, foul play and frogger, duck tales remastered.counter strike GO
    All those games show up for me on the third page of the Countdown to 2014 sales - under "save up to 75% off" - along with Brothers, I Am Alive and Deadlight. So, they could possibly keep them permanently discounted, but as of now they all appear to be just part of the current sale.
    Hey Mattias, I concur, at the moment it looks like a week long only price for those games - Countdown to 2014 Daily Deals: Week 2 Begins

For example, these two games dropped in price last week and don't appear to be part of any other sale, so they may be permanent:
    Young Justice: Legacy $39.99 $29.99 (23-12-13)
    Lego Lord of the Rings $29.99 $19.99 (18-12-13)

TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an american, a european, and a japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different Gold accounts and get all versions.
    Since the link in the OP was only for the EU version, here are the others:
    Eternal Sonata (US) | Eternal Sonata (EU) | Eternal Sonata (JP)

HolyHalfDead's blog post - Countdown to 2014 Deals - Day 6 NBA 2K14

Again Australia get the cheapest price in the world for the NBA 2K14 DLC and Europe pay the most.
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 04:03
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an American, a European, and a Japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
    Uh no. You just need the accounts. You don't need the foreign-region Xboxes to play foreign-region digital content except for a couple of exceptions for the south Korean dead rising 2 arcade games.
    Oh right. That's pretty handy still,it will cost a bit to get the other versions if you do not get them on sale or something.
    I set up a US account (which I've done before for Arcade content), and I can't download Eternal Sonata - keeps giving me 'this game's region does not match this console it will not be downloaded.'

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do you actually need a NTSC (U) console to play/purchase the game, like so many others have said.

Oh - and I don't have the whole VPN option either.
  • Jazm1990Jazm1990229,639
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 05:41
    I tried to download the 1st episode of "The Wolf among us" through my laptop, but this message appears: "You have no valid payment options on file." And the only options it gives me, are change payments options (to add a new credit Card) and cancel.
    I can't download it directly for my 360 because I'm visiting relatives for the holidays. Any Ideas? Thanks
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 05:53
    Jazm1990 said:
    I tried to download the 1st episode of "The Wolf among us" through my laptop, but this message appears: "You have no valid payment options on file." And the only options it gives me, are change payments options (to add a new credit Card) and cancel.
    I can't download it directly for my 360 because I'm visiting relatives for the holidays. Any Ideas? Thanks
    Yeah. Wait until you get home.
    I don't Trust Canadians
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP363,560
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 05:59
    Jazm1990 said:
    Do you have a credit card linked to your account? I believe that even though it is free you still might need to have some sort of payment option. Though the charge will be 0.
  • Crispy385Crispy385117,423
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 06:08
    A good week for me! Got The Wolf Among Us For Free, the season pass for free, plus easy games in Girl Fight and Brothers at a discount. Been waiting for a deal on those two.
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 06:27
    Crispy385 said:
    A good week for me! Got The Wolf Among Us For Free, the season pass for free, plus easy games in Girl Fight and Brothers at a discount. Been waiting for a deal on those two.
    how did you get the season pass for free?
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57816,523
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 06:49
    Swinny Costello said:
    I set up a US account (which I've done before for Arcade content), and I can't download Eternal Sonata - keeps giving me 'this game's region does not match this console it will not be downloaded.'

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do you actually need a NTSC (U) console to play/purchase the game, like so many others have said.

Oh - and I don't have the whole VPN option either.
    Some games are IP locked, so you won't be able to download them if you're not actually in the region (or even country) your account is supposed to be in. I don't think there's a solution to circumvent it.

That's why I deleted my foreign account a while ago, for me it's not worth bothering / taking the risk to be banned / playing games in a language I don't even understand for a few euros or a few Gs.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.