The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 25th, 2013

• Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:07
    ScorchPSO said:
    Can anybody tell me if SSX compares to the old ones and is worth getting? I'm worried about the length of the online achievements too.
    This could be a problem, as there is a 50,000 players online achievement, and that was probably only obtainable for about a month after release. You are just never gonna get that much of the 'herd gamer' crowd online again, and good luck on getting a 50,000 member TA boosting session on this game, Oh, how I HATE stupid achievements that you just can't achieve on your own or in a small group. If course this is just one part of a basically complete every challenge achievement, and this one part makes the entire effort pointless facepalm
    Your financial solution
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:10
    TWAU season pass - tempted but not sure. I don't know if it was just my xbox or what but the game was stuttering most of the time and did not load smoothly/flow on well at all.
    I have a fifth sense. It's like I have ESPN or something.
  • IronFistofSnuffIronFistofSnuff1,019,005
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:13
    On Friday I'll pick up Mars War Logs. Don't know about anything else. Depends on Daily Deals.
  • gatordeve86gatordeve86328,614
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:19
    I debated it down to the last second and went ahead and got the season pass for The Wolf Among Us... I've spent so much on these sales lol luckily its almost pay day
    -The Deve
  • HumpyrtonHumpyrton876,773
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:20
    triplewitching said:
    ScorchPSO said:
    Can anybody tell me if SSX compares to the old ones and is worth getting? I'm worried about the length of the online achievements too.
    This could be a problem, as there is a 50,000 players online achievement, and that was probably only obtainable for about a month after release. You are just never gonna get that much of the 'herd gamer' crowd online again, and good luck on getting a 50,000 member TA boosting isession on this game, Oh, how I HATE stupid achievements that you just can't achieve on your own or in a small group. If course this is just one part of a basically complete every challenge achievement, and this one part makes the entire effort pointless facepalm
    They changed this, you dont 50k anymore. Check the solution the details are in there.
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:25, Edited on 26 December 13 at 07:27 by Armstrong x360a
    In for the Wolf Among Us season pass and Brothers for sure.

Any thoughts on I Am Alive and Deadlight?

They both got very mediocre reviews but I like atmospheric, post-apocalyptic shooters/platformers/beat-em ups and don't mind a short story if it's well written/acted, etc. My only concern is that if the game play mechanics are truly broken then it'll detract from the story and I probably won't enjoy the game - anyone think that's the case with these two?

If I could only pick one which should it be?
  • KaigowKaigow215,676
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 07:47
    Picked up Mars War Logs & Eternal Sonata. Debating NCAA Football 14; any thoughts?
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 08:22
    Humpyrton said:
    They changed this, you dont 50k anymore. Check the solution the details are in there.
    It seems unconfirmed in the third solution. Do you own the game, and can you confirm that EA autocompletes that 50,000 player challenge every week ? I'll probably get this if so, the price is right, I just don't like uncompleteables going into a game (I still bought Cloudberry Kingdom on sale, but its my kind of game). When oh when will these companies realize how stupid these type of achievements are ? Just give me achievements I can achieve myself. its plainly obvious that this would be completely undoable mere weeks after release, if it was ever legitimately doable at all...
    Your financial solution
  • matdanmatdan862,275
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 08:31
    Inked Ivy said:
    TWAU season pass - tempted but not sure. I don't know if it was just my xbox or what but the game was stuttering most of the time and did not load smoothly/flow on well at all.
    Not just you; noticed it a bit. Also a fair bit of clipping from what I played of it.
  • Swinny CostelloSwinny Costello1,258,747
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 08:54
    Roxas583 said:
    Jazm1990 said:
    I tried to download the 1st episode of "The Wolf among us" through my laptop, but this message appears: "You have no valid payment options on file." And the only options it gives me, are change payments options (to add a new credit Card) and cancel.
    I can't download it directly for my 360 because I'm visiting relatives for the holidays. Any Ideas? Thanks
    Do you have a credit card linked to your account? I believe that even though it is free you still might need to have some sort of payment option. Though the charge will be 0.
    I linked my Paypal. As Mannschaft mentioned, I'm pretty certain I can't play them, but others were saying it would work (at least with Eternal Sonata), so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It might work for people with NTSU (U) consoles trying to play PAL and NTSC (J), who knows...

Glad I'm heading to Japan in a couple of months. Gonna be good fun revisiting all the RPGs I've already beaten with their NTSC (J) equivalent. :P
  • Crispy385Crispy385120,629
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 09:17
    Iceberg082006 said:
    Crispy385 said:
    A good week for me! Got The Wolf Among Us For Free, the season pass for free, plus easy games in Girl Fight and Brothers at a discount. Been waiting for a deal on those two.
    how did you get the season pass for free?
    that was a mistype. Ha
  • CASS190684CASS190684263,627
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 10:10
    Downloaded the first free episode but couldn't really get into it when I played the demo. Might sit down and give it another try and see if it grabs me this time.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • HartlandHartland591,556
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 11:49
    Best day for me so far! 90% off you can't miss out on
    4Horsemen - GTASC 2013 2nd Place
  • zeno2kzeno2k402,721
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 11:57
    anyone knows eternal sonata?
    It's a 5 year old game, do you think it's a good deal?
    zeno2k
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 12:15
    zeno2k said:
    anyone knows eternal sonata?
    It's a 5 year old game, do you think it's a good deal?
    I played through the game recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the combat system in it. Still looks good today in my opinion too, lovely cell shaded graphics.
    CJ tainted this sig
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 12:55
    I picked up Brothers, The Wolf Among Us - Episode 1 + Season Pass and Deadlight.

I really recommend Brothers, it's a great and sad story and it only takes around 3-4 hours to get 400G.

Of course The Wolf Among Us - Episode 1 is a must as it's free.

I haven't started Deadlight yet so I can't give you an opinion on that.
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 14:21
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    trollsbox said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't forget that you can get ALL THREE eternal sonata versions if you have an american, a european, and a japanese account.

As they triple-stack, it's WELL worth it. You can use your paypal on three different accounts and get all versions.

Hope this helps, people.
    Now you need hundreds of pounds to get an NTSC AND NTSC-J Xbox. It's no problem if you have the money of course lol.
    Uh no. You just need the accounts. You don't need the foreign-region Xboxes to play foreign-region digital content except for a couple of exceptions for the south Korean dead rising 2 arcade games.
    actually a large majority of NTSC-J content is IP and/or console region locked. It's the reason I ended up getting tomb raider on PC instead of consoles (NTSC-J version is heavily censored)
  • Bi11zookaBi11zooka171,368
    Posted on 26 December 13 at 15:29
    Eternal Sonata for under $5?? I definitely am picking that up!
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 16:54
    Armstrong x360a said:
    In for the Wolf Among Us season pass and Brothers for sure.

Any thoughts on I Am Alive and Deadlight?

They both got very mediocre reviews but I like atmospheric, post-apocalyptic shooters/platformers/beat-em ups and don't mind a short story if it's well written/acted, etc. My only concern is that if the game play mechanics are truly broken then it'll detract from the story and I probably won't enjoy the game - anyone think that's the case with these two?

If I could only pick one which should it be?
    Dead light is cool

I haven't played I Am Alive but my friend liked it
  • Posted on 26 December 13 at 18:21
    I grabbed Civ Rev, it's hard to find an inexpensive disc copy so I'm glad it came up on sale.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads