The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 25th, 2013

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
  • Posted on 27 December 13 at 01:47
    I bought Peggle, Feeding Frenzy 2, I am alive, Plants V Zombies, Zumas Revenge, Bully Scholarship edition (I can possibly get that last achievement I needed, but couldn't be bothered to get last time I had the game), Fight Night Champion, and The wolf among us! Could not miss those deals! Awesomeness. Merry Christmas and an Happy new year! :) toast headspinsmile ps Don't ask me where I will find the time to complete them all, but they are there as and when needed. facepalm compute
  • Vince989Vince989137,684
    Posted on 27 December 13 at 02:14
    Iceberg082006 said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:that makes no sense because they are on the 6 right now on the dashboard?
    Making sense or not, I can confirm that they are active, having just grabbed Cold Stream.
    - Vince989
    Posted on 27 December 13 at 02:32
    Iceberg082006 said:
    that makes no sense because they are on the 6 right now on the dashboard?
    These are the deals for Day 5, Friday 27th December. It is 3:30pm on 27th December in New Zealand right now, in other words it has been Day 5 here for over 15 hours already. ;)
  • Posted on 27 December 13 at 03:49
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Iceberg082006 said:
    that makes no sense because they are on the 6 right now on the dashboard?
    These are the deals for Day 5, Friday 27th December. It is 3:30pm on 27th December in New Zealand right now, in other words it has been Day 5 here for over 15 hours already. ;)
    Ok but I'm saying that because if I click the marketplace link I'm able to get it for those prices right now as well and I'm in the United States
    Posted on 27 December 13 at 04:08, Edited on 27 December 13 at 04:08 by HolyHalfDead
    Iceberg082006 said:
    Ok but I'm saying that because if I click the marketplace link I'm able to get it for those prices right now as well and I'm in the United States
    XBL discounts are done in the US (usually in the evening of the day before the sale) for all regions worldwide at the same time. However the Xbox 360 dashboard is not usually updated until the day of the sale.
  • matdanmatdan810,183
    Posted on 27 December 13 at 04:27
    What do people say about cold stream? Also would DLC be censored in AU or will it remain uncensored?
  • Posted on 27 December 13 at 17:46, Edited on 27 December 13 at 17:47 by Burning Karma
    Armstrong x360a said:
    Any thoughts on I Am Alive and Deadlight?

They both got very mediocre reviews but I like atmospheric, post-apocalyptic shooters/platformers/beat-em ups and don't mind a short story if it's well written/acted, etc. My only concern is that if the game play mechanics are truly broken then it'll detract from the story and I probably won't enjoy the game - anyone think that's the case with these two?
    Deadlight starts out really strong, but becomes dull quickly. I got it on sale and completed it, but it's not really better than 3/5. The art style is enjoyable as is the atmosphere and the mechanics work well enough; it's just missing that something special after the first bit. The dialog is...questionable at best, especially considering the main character talks to himself often. All in all, it's a fairly short experience, about 6-8 hours with easy achievements; you could certainly do worse. If you played the demo, that's basically what to expect from the rest of the game, including a slide into mediocrity.
  • Posted on 27 December 13 at 22:43, Edited on 27 December 13 at 22:46 by Armstrong x360a
    Thanks for the reply Karma, I already bit on Deadlight. Haven't played it yet but what you're saying jives with the reviews. At least the experience is short if it really is as mediocre as everyone says. Think I'll be holding off on I Am Alive unless I hear otherwise.

Loving the Wolf Among Us even though it's less of a game and more of an interactive comic strip. Very well written. It does seem that decisions change future options more in this series than in The Walking Dead but it's still early in the series to know for sure what impact the decisions will have later on.
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,115,730
    Posted on 29 December 13 at 23:20
    Is Hitman worth the download? I've heard nothing but good things, the price seems alright but it's 7GB! I hardly have enough space on my hard drive as it is. I can't decide redface
    wait.....what am I signing here?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.