The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: June 16th, 2015

• FoBoFoBo374,238
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 06:44
    I may be wrong, but Battlefield Hardline at £32.99 is not 50% off for UK, when originally priced at £54.99...
  • slysyslysy780,950
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 08:13, Edited on 17 June 15 at 08:46 by slysy
    I am thinking of buying Forza Horzion 2 digital edition but pretty confused by the amount of DLC available for this game. What am I missing out on compared to the Deluxe and Ultimate editions? Does any of the DLC in those version matter (or help) for achievement purposes?

Edit:
    If I buy the Forza Horizon 2 VIP pass, will it give me further discount on Storm Island DLC?
    If I buy Forza 5 VIP pass, will it give me a discount on Forza Horizon 2 VIP pass?
    Are these VIP passes useful for achievements?
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89607,401
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 09:45
    As far as I'm aware, Slysy - no, no and no.

VIP Pass only gives money off RRP, not sale price.
  • DRUNKZ 27DRUNKZ 271,075,757
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 16:58
    Does buying Battlefield 4 Premium on the 360 still give you access to the premium content on the XB1?
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 17:14
    DRUNKZ 27 said:Does buying Battlefield 4 Premium on the 360 still give you access to the premium content on the XB1?I think so, there was no expiration date for that offer.
  • WyyvernWyyvern613,094
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 21:13
    Why is Forza Horizon 2 more expensive on the 360 than the One?
    Popularity is not a measure of quality, but a measure of how idiotic that thing's following is.
  • Posted on 17 June 15 at 23:54
    Kadaveral said:Why is Forza Horizon 2 more expensive on the 360 than the One?Ikr, in Canada it's 40$ on sale, an utter joke.
  • Posted on 18 June 15 at 00:48
    $5 for the season pass of Forza Horizon?? I paid the full price of $50 when it came out and regretting it now cry so sad.
    perfectionist
  • Posted on 18 June 15 at 01:21, Edited on 18 June 15 at 01:21 by TheOtherBarber
    Forza Motorsport 4's Season Pass DLC should be under Xbox 360 DLC without Achievements instead of Xbox 360 DLC with Achievements.
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater214,050
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 12:58
    I got GoT ep1. Played till they introduced that dude pouring wine for everyone. (yeah like 2 minutes) Was instantly like "Fuck this, he's gonna get the crap murdered out of him" & dashboarded.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

angry
    Tater
  • SpilnerSpilner957,977
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 13:00
    Th3 Tater said:I got GoT ep1. Played till they introduced that dude pouring wine for everyone. (yeah like 2 minutes) Was instantly like "Fuck this, he's gonna get the crap murdered out of him" & dashboarded.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

angry
    Welcome to the GoT universe where anyone and everyone can die.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,828
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 13:17
    slysy said:If I buy the Forza Horizon 2 VIP pass, will it give me further discount on Storm Island DLC?no - $10 off the full price
    slysy said:If I buy Forza 5 VIP pass, will it give me a discount on Forza Horizon 2 VIP pass?yes - $10 off the full price
    slysy said:Are these VIP passes useful for achievements?yes - you will get the achievements quicker because of the double rewards and free cars
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SpilnerSpilner957,977
    Posted on 18 June 15 at 13:19
    HolyHa1fDead said:slysy said:Are these VIP passes useful for achievements?yes - you will get the achievements quicker because of the double rewards and free carsCant really agree there since I was never short money or cars and I didn't pay for VIP.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,828
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 05:43
    Spilner said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    slysy said:
    Are these VIP passes useful for achievements?
    yes - you will get the achievements quicker because of the double rewards and free cars
    Cant really agree there since I was never short money or cars and I didn't pay for VIP.
    They learn't their lesson from FM5 so you won't have to grind before you can afford a car for the next event. However if you get money twice as fast, there really is no denying that you will get achievements like
    Forza Horizon 2Worthy of a SultanThe Worthy of a Sultan achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 123 pointsHave 175 Cars in your Garage.
    quicker.

I had enough money to buy the best car before every championship and then spend the same amount again upgrading that car to X class. I could then complete the race faster and against harder opponents, which in turn gave me more money. In FM5 I bought every car in the game before I was done, and I am pretty close to owning every car in FH2 and I have only completed 16 out of 168 championships.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SpilnerSpilner957,977
    Posted on 19 June 15 at 13:17
    While yeah it would give you more money in time after 168 championships I wasn't exactly begging on the street for money :P
  • YaevenYaeven256,179
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 05:41
    Spilner said:Welcome to the GoT universe where anyone and everyone can die.Yeah. I still feel depressed after that finale. I mean, I'm depressed anyway, but that episode.. fuck.
  • YaevenYaeven256,179
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 05:44
    TheOtherBarber said:Forza Motorsport 4's Season Pass DLC should be under Xbox 360 DLC without Achievements instead of Xbox 360 DLC with Achievements.Thank you so much for this. I was confused. Was planning on grabbing the deal and ordering the game soon, but I guess I can wait.
  • Posted on 20 June 15 at 18:19
    Same, good thing I realized at the last second :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.