The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: October 23rd, 2014

• jnich87jnich87404,888
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 08:49
    Tanelorn82 said:Man I wish the FF games were released on Win8Agreed.
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan539,607
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 09:03
    Definitely recommend Fishdom to anyone that doesn't have it... Obviously will work better on a tablet but it'd be fine on laptops too. Very enjoyable timewaster and easy completion.
  • itz waz meitz waz me287,730
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 09:06
    7.99? That is a fortune for a game on a phone!

idk maybe it's very good, but still to much, not to mention the full price.
    Comrade General - #28 in the World in Action sack #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach(HaloTracker.com)
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator464,826
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 10:18
    Fiver for a phone game is too much in my books. Pretty sure I got FFXIII and FFXIII-2 for under a fiver each.
  • Posted on 24 October 14 at 12:08
    I would get FF3 but the updated graphics are shit. They should have left them alone.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,046,473
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 12:14
    This game is cheap for what it is. I remember paying $30 for this on DS a few years back.
  • Posted on 24 October 14 at 12:17
    I already have this for the DS and it was a pain, no save points in dungeons so you could only save in the field. I never managed to beat the final boss because every time I died I had to re-do a small but annoying dungeon.
    Also I honestly would have preferred the original 8-bit graphics over the 3d models.
  • Posted on 24 October 14 at 12:48
    Tanelorn82 said:Man I wish the FF games were released on Win8THIS!

Would love to play them on my surface.

Now hopefully i can revive my Lumia or ill miss out on this deal.
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64289,352
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 12:54
    Is that Final Fantasy III USA, aka: FF6JP?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • DrMmmPieDrMmmPie359,451
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 13:09
    Phoenix C64 said:Is that Final Fantasy III USA, aka: FF6JP?No it's the original III released way back in 1990
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Posted on 24 October 14 at 13:12
    Bought FF3....not sure why since I never bothered playing FF1 since I picked it up.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,066,983
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 13:59
    Swinny Costello said:sirbradenwalker said:You do less than $5 and we'll talk.The game is at least 30-40 hours long - 100+ for the completion - and you're complaining about 3 extra dollars? What have gamers become....No characterization, barely any story to speak of, and a flawed combat system. 30-40 hours of quite possibly the worst game in the series. An extra 60-70 hours tacked on to max out every job, which should only be used as a digital sleep aid. Having paid full price for it, it's certainly not worth full price, and I'd be reluctant at $8 as well.

The vastly superior Final Fantasy (WP) is a dollar less at full price. That felt like getting bang for my buck. The only thing that could possibly be compared to the monotonous grind of job maxing is beating every form of Chronodia, and at least that has a semi-randomized dungeon to keep your brain awake.

They need to at least make it cheaper than FF1 if it's going to be worth it.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,070,366
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 14:05
    Would jump on this FF III deal in a heartbeat, if not for the fact that I recently dropped my WP causing the screen to crack. Was planning on keeping this phone as a way to game on the go, but that plan is done.

Honestly though, I have tried and tried to support WP since the launch of the WP 7, and while it has some very functional features, the utter lack in quality apps has caused me to decide to finally go back to my droid. For a time the lack in great apps was made up for by the games that were available, but lately there are hardly any good games that come out, one great game (imho) in almost a year is not enough to keep me on board any longer. I am huge microsoft fan, not ashamed to admit it, but I need more from my phone than what they have been offering. If they can get quality apps on board, and get the games on the phone, maybe I will go back one day, but as it stands, I have waited long enough for this platform to catch up to droid and iPhone.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf522,758
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 14:13
    as someone who has never played this game for some reason, do not go in the mithril cave in the ghost town, I was 1 shoted.
  • Vr EnglishVr English757,513
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 14:58
    Fishdom is a great little game :)
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd397,811
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 16:16
    I can't help but wonder whether or not to just buy it on DS again :D
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
  • Posted on 24 October 14 at 16:45
    DrCanadianNinja said:Swinny Costello said:sirbradenwalker said:You do less than $5 and we'll talk.The game is at least 30-40 hours long - 100+ for the completion - and you're complaining about 3 extra dollars? What have gamers become....No characterization, barely any story to speak of, and a flawed combat system. 30-40 hours of quite possibly the worst game in the series. An extra 60-70 hours tacked on to max out every job, which should only be used as a digital sleep aid. Having paid full price for it, it's certainly not worth full price, and I'd be reluctant at $8 as well.

The vastly superior Final Fantasy (WP) is a dollar less at full price. That felt like getting bang for my buck. The only thing that could possibly be compared to the monotonous grind of job maxing is beating every form of Chronodia, and at least that has a semi-randomized dungeon to keep your brain awake.

They need to at least make it cheaper than FF1 if it's going to be worth it.
    All of this.

Now if it was FF6, I'd drop the full $16 on it.
  • Dark Rocky XDark Rocky X961,268
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 17:06
    VixyNyan said:It was worth the wait~ (bought Final Fantasy III (WP))Exactly Vixy! I already had this downloaded for months and now I will buy it!! toast
    We work in the Dark, To serve the Light. We are Assassins!!! "Insieme per la vittoria"
  • Dark Rocky XDark Rocky X961,268
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 17:08
    Swinny Costello said:sirbradenwalker said:You do less than $5 and we'll talk.The game is at least 30-40 hours long - 100+ for the completion - and you're complaining about 3 extra dollars? What have gamers become....Cheap bastards. I don't complain over a couple of bucks like most ppl I see on this site.
    We work in the Dark, To serve the Light. We are Assassins!!! "Insieme per la vittoria"
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,066,983
    Posted on 24 October 14 at 17:42
    sirbradenwalker said:Now if it was FF6, I'd drop the full $16 on it.Be careful what you wish for. If they released the iOS version with the botched graphics and UI, I don't think I'd look for $5.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.