Game Discussion: Kingdoms & Lords (WP)

Constant crashing.

• LvxLvx300,929
    Posted on 17 June 15 at 13:05
    My game constantly crashes. This happens mostly on startup, but sometimes just at random. I've tried re-installing and loading my cloud data but I still get the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • magiccigammagiccigam1,064,504
    Posted on 20 June 15 at 20:45, Edited on 21 June 15 at 10:34 by magiccigam
    Had the same problem, but runs fine again since today

//and it's broken again...
  • LvxLvx300,929
    Posted on 21 June 15 at 13:57
    magiccigam said:Had the same problem, but runs fine again since today

//and it's broken again...
    Still works for me? I did recently reset my phone, that might've made a difference.
  • magiccigammagiccigam1,064,504
    Posted on 23 June 15 at 14:53
    My Game is still freezing on startup. Has probably something to do with the gameloft servers. It works fine as long as I'm offline. But as soon as I disable flight mode it freezes.
    Already reinstalled it when i had the problem for the first time, but that did not fix it.
    Since it worked for a short time, I will wait until they fix it again. Some in my friendlist lost their progress although there is a cloud save. Don't want to risk it
  • LvxLvx300,929
    Posted on 24 June 15 at 11:20
    magiccigam said:My Game is still freezing on startup. Has probably something to do with the gameloft servers. It works fine as long as I'm offline. But as soon as I disable flight mode it freezes.
    Already reinstalled it when i had the problem for the first time, but that did not fix it.
    Since it worked for a short time, I will wait until they fix it again. Some in my friendlist lost their progress although there is a cloud save. Don't want to risk it
    I had this exaxt same issue after a reset. I had to reset my phone again a week later, and it started working again. Has been working perfectly fine since then. Cloud save restoring works fine for me?
  • LvxLvx300,929
    Posted on 25 June 15 at 13:54
    magiccigam said:My Game is still freezing on startup. Has probably something to do with the gameloft servers. It works fine as long as I'm offline. But as soon as I disable flight mode it freezes.
    It probably made no difference that I had just reset my phone by the looks of it. Seems to be a server issue. Let's hope it gets fixed again. I'm going to get 20 or so accounts ready to boost this as soon as it becomes available again.
  • Posted on 24 July 15 at 20:00
    I just talked with Gameloft Customer Support. The issue is due to the game not having had an update in a while (Android was updated in October), and the Gameloft service was patched for Android, causing it to crash on Windows (both Windows Phone and Windows 8). I'm fairly certain the issue also occurs on iOS, which last had an update in 2013.

They confirmed that they have engineers working on a patch for it, but they do not have an ETA for when it will be released, nor do they know why certain people are able to still connect. cry
  • EVEN5TAR 117EVEN5TAR 117700,301 700,301 GamerScore
    Posted on 26 July 15 at 15:42
    So we have a chance to complete the game? I mean they are really "working"?
  • Posted on 27 July 15 at 21:31
    No clue... but, it's a different answer than I received last time, which was "We've not received any reports on this" and "We'll notify our developers".
  • Posted on 08 August 15 at 16:57
    I boot up the game every now and then to see if they have fixed it. Managed to load today, save to the cloud and I even managed an invasion. Working for anyone else?
  • NicholasNicholas415,353
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 13:02
    TheReaperWaitsx said:I boot up the game every now and then to see if they have fixed it. Managed to load today, save to the cloud and I even managed an invasion. Working for anyone else?When you posted this I tried several days in a row hoping to play this again. Crashed every time either on load up or froze the screen right after load up.
    Played for the first time last night and still can play today. Yay.
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 16:07
    Awesome. I'm glad some people are able to get back into this. I'm sitting at Level 40 with ~30 invasions and ~60 resists left, just trying every day to see if I can eventually polish this off.
  • LvxLvx300,929
    Posted on 20 August 15 at 19:38
    It crashed for me today?
  • Posted on 21 August 15 at 17:00
    Yeah, it's never stopped crashing for me really since May - I've had only two instances where it didn't crash, and it resumed crashing on the next boot. I try every day to see if I can get it up and running.
  • IdleEnigmaIdleEnigma422,014
    Posted on 22 August 15 at 21:27
    I haven't been able to get past the loading screen for a week. Getting notifications that I'm getting invaded though, which is ermmm nice!
    Posted on 22 August 15 at 23:19, Edited on 22 August 15 at 23:44 by Nicholas
    CRIHOW1 said:I haven't been able to get past the loading screen for a week. Getting notifications that I'm getting invaded though, which is ermmm nice!Try loading up in airplane mode first on your phone to get started. If it loads the game, try again outside airplane mode.

Edit: If it works maybe you can invade my game.

I think I have it set up where my defenders are all axemen so I should be an easy target.
    If anyone else needs this, send a FR.
  • Posted on 23 August 15 at 15:45, Edited on 23 August 15 at 15:46 by Shadow Kisuragi
    The problem is that the game is crashing when connecting to the Gameloft servers.

Loading up the game in Airplane Mode just circumvents connecting to the servers, which means you're playing offline, and connecting to Wi-Fi after this to establish the connection to the server is where it will likely crash. Notifications and everything else still work, but the connection to the server to retrieve your save data is where it crashes. This is the same issue that 95% of us are having.
    Posted on 23 August 15 at 19:38
    Mine was crashing also just like yours.
    Once I finally got the game to load I played for a while and shut it down. When I tried to connect to the servers it took a few tries, but now it works. Still crashes when connecting to the servers occasionally, but after 2-3 tries it always loads up for me now.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 14:24
    Are you sure it's properly connecting to the servers in those cases, and showing invasions to repel? You can get the game to connect and allow you to attack other people, but it won't refresh any outstanding statuses.
    Posted on 27 August 15 at 21:06
    Shadow Kisuragi said:Are you sure it's properly connecting to the servers in those cases, and showing invasions to repel? You can get the game to connect and allow you to attack other people, but it won't refresh any outstanding statuses.I can invade other peoples games. Well most of the time anyway. Sometimes it doesn't work
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.