Game Discussion: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)

Ultimate Alliance - Get Achievements With Someone With DLC

• Posted on 07 January 12 at 19:46Permalink
    Since the DLC has been taken off and Gold editions of the game high in price, I was wondering if you played through the game with someone that had one or the other if that would unlock the achievements for you or only for the person with the DLC?
    Everything good in life is illegal.
  • futilesfutiles386,077
    Posted on 08 January 12 at 22:42Permalink
    In the first one, only the person with the DLC gets the achievements.

In the second one, if you play with someone with the DLC, you can both get the achievements.

However, you can still find MUA1 Gold Editions (with all DLC on disc) used at multiple stores, so, you can still get all the achievements in that game.
  • Posted on 08 January 12 at 22:49Permalink
    futiles said:
    In the first one, only the person with the DLC gets the achievements.

In the second one, if you play with someone with the DLC, you can both get the achievements.

However, you can still find MUA1 Gold Editions (with all DLC on disc) used at multiple stores, so, you can still get all the achievements in that game.
    Alright thanks, yeah the only problem with the Gold Edition is that it costs around $50 total.
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 17:50Permalink
    Gamestop has the used Gold Edition listed on their website for $29.99. Its the cheapest i've seen it. Amazon has it used for $38 + $4 shipping. Cheapest on Ebay was $45 for a used copy.
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:45Permalink
    Unfcnbleevibl said:
    Gamestop has the used Gold Edition listed on their website for $29.99. Its the cheapest i've seen it. Amazon has it used for $38 + $4 shipping. Cheapest on Ebay was $45 for a used copy.
    Ah thanks, only checked the Canadian Gamestop. Should've known better.
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 22:34Permalink
    Didn't know you were in Canada. I think in Canada, they are still called EB Games. Is that right? Cause when I went to gamestop.ca it transferred me to ebgames.ca. And the Gold Edition wasn't listed on that site. But its listed on gamestop.com.

Which I do find rather stupid.
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,233
    Posted on 23 January 12 at 03:30Permalink
    Also look for the Special Edition of the first Ultimate Alliance. Includes the DLC, just like the Gold Edition (on disc), it's just the platinum hits version, but searching special edition may help. I bought a sealed copy for $20 on ebay mid 2011.

I can't find one on the Canada or US ebays right now, but look around. They go a lot cheaper than the Gold Edition. As long as you aren't one of those people who refuses to buy a game just because it's a Platinum Hits version, you shouldn't have a problem getting it.
  • ThycountThycount386,763
    Posted on 15 June 13 at 19:24Permalink
    I have the gold edition for sale, contact me by pm if interested...
    Hallways of always...
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,233
    Posted on 15 June 13 at 21:41Permalink
    I recently sold mine, and now regret it. Just pick up another sealed for $40. Amazing since used copies can hit $50+
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.