Game Discussion: Doritos Crash Course 2 Forum

I have the game, so can I still get the achievements?

AuthorMessage
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 16 February 16 at 19:54
Twinkling82 said:Akatsuki Seven said:I think the second has dedicated servers and the first were p2p which is why the servers are still up.I recall the first one having servers for leaderboards.

added: and something about a servercheck for progress.
I'm pretty sure leaderboards, like peer-to-peer matchmaking, is a service that Microsoft provides to publishers. If publishers had to run their own servers for that, I doubt so many old singleplayer only XBLA games would still have leaderboards up.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 February 16 at 00:45
I just remember there was something within the game that ran by servers, I can't remember what it was. Yes, I'm a bit tired right now.
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
Living Legends
Posted on 17 February 16 at 07:36
Cods are p2p and have leaderboards. Everything in CC1 runs just fine. Reason why cod2 servers are still up. its dedicated servers like CC2 n Spartacus legend get shut down by publisher. Or most EA games
Praise the sun!!!
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 17 February 16 at 13:23, Edited on 17 February 16 at 14:06 by ThreeHaddock62
Most console EA games from the past 5 years are still up, hell...no sports games have been shut down since 2011. Their service updates page goes back to April 2013, and no xbox 360 games are on the list (And only one PS3 game). I realize people love to hate on EA for server closures, but they seemingly heard the fans years ago and really toned it down.
Living Legends
Posted on 18 February 16 at 09:07
What I meant that the games that were shut down were due to dedicated servers provided by EA. I have not played an EA game in ages either. Last was Madden 12.
Praise the sun!!!
uvBlur
uvBlur
Posted on 09 May 16 at 19:03, Edited on 09 May 16 at 19:11 by uvBlur
DCC2 is free on the store (https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Doritos-Crash-Cou...). The title just says "Doritos Crash Course" but the screenshot and box art say"Crash Course 2" I was able to get this game, play it, and get in a room with 2 other people last night, but we didn't find a fourth so the game didn't start. I'm not sure what this all means, but it seems to me that everything is working as intended. Even after loading the game, the title screen says "Doritos Crash Course 2".
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 09 May 16 at 20:29
No, that's the original Doritos Crash Course. I can see the confusion (that e in the logo looks a lot more like a 2) but it's the original game.

Does the game you're playing have a rotating world on the title screen? A menu where you can purchase microtransactions? Themed levels, instead of USA/Europe/Japan? All those describe Crash Course 2.

You're playing the first game.

For reference, here's Crash Course 2's box art:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Doritos_....jpg
The Strugglez
The Strugglez
Posted on 14 May 17 at 15:47
servers are coming back october 15th
Living Legends
Posted on 14 May 17 at 17:10
The Strugglez said:
servers are coming back october 15th
Please don't post nonsense. Source?
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 15 May 17 at 12:58
I can't see anything online to suggest these servers being reinstated..
The Strugglez
The Strugglez
Posted on 17 May 17 at 17:59
wikipedia
Living Legends
Posted on 17 May 17 at 18:37
The Strugglez said:
wikipedia
Oh yeah, officially confirmed roll
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 May 17 at 19:38
Living Legends said:
The Strugglez said:
wikipedia
I don't know much about wikipedia, and I tried to find out when that section of the game coming back was added, and was not able to do that. I couldn't even find the petition mentioned.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Living Legends
Posted on 17 May 17 at 19:55
Twinkling82 said:
Living Legends said:
The Strugglez said:
wikipedia
I don't know much about wikipedia, and I tried to find out when that section of the game coming back was added, and was not able to do that. I couldn't even find the petition mentioned.
You can edit pages on Wikipedia so a source from there is not even worth exploring. It's like those fake facebook news link.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 May 17 at 20:28
I know, that's why I tried to find out when it was added.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.