Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto V (JP) Forum

Triple Dip???

AuthorMessage
GammyGreenGiant
Posted on 20 December 14 at 12:59, Edited on 20 December 14 at 13:20 by GammyGreenGiant
Is anyone one going to do the triple dip of GTA 5 360, one & one JP?

I was looking on amazon.co.jp for it and it's showing at about £34. But then realised its up on the JP marketplace for under £39 so I'll probably just do that when the time comes.

Also wanted to start the discussion on character transfer and online play if based in the UK. I've got it in mind I'll just be able to make a carbon copy of my 360 character and transfer it to the one JP version. Can anyone see an issue with this? Whereas having to get to level 100 from scratch again isn't an issue in itself, I'd rather not have to do it in Japanese.

Also will online be hosted on exclusive JP servers or can we still play with people playing the UK release?
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 23 December 14 at 16:40
I plan on playing all 3, yes. I have 100% in GTA V for the 360, and I am going to start the X1 version soon.

I think I am going to get my Japanese copy off of yesasia.com, it is 63 USD there. I plan on maxing out the U.S. version first before I even get to the Japanese version.

I'm not quite sure what your asking in your next part, but it seems as though you can transfer your progress from your 360 to both the consoles. I have seen one guy on this leaderboard who also played the one version who was able to unlock all the multiplayer achievements on the Japanese version as well.

As far as exclusive JP servers go, I am not sure.

Hope this helped a bit!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 01 February 15 at 14:18
Has anyone confirmed your player transfers to both Xbox one versions?
South Park TFBW
Posted on 07 April 15 at 22:57
xMidget Furyx said:Has anyone confirmed your player transfers to both Xbox one versions?I tried messaging one of the guys who completed it but he was a dick and didn't reply to me. So who knows.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 08 April 15 at 05:45
Well if I ever manage to find it for a decent price I would try it out and post results
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 09 April 15 at 02:33
Your character does transfer to both versions.

I transferred my online character to the U.S. version, and all the online achievements unlock when you first go into online. When I went to play the Japanese Version, your progress carries over, but you have to redo some of online achievements. (The easy ones are the only ones you have to do though, the hard ones like the 30 platinums and the rank achievements carry over).

For the 30 platinums to unlock, I had to get one more platinum for it to unlock, and for robbing the 20 stores I had to create a new character and rob the stores again to get that one to pop.

For heists, I did the all the achievements on the 360 and Xbox One (U.S. version) first, and the heist achievements do not transfer over, but if you have the 8 million achievement and the 25 heist specific platinum medals done on the Xbox One U.S. version, you only have to buy one vehicle in the heist update to get the 8 million to pop, and only have to get one heist specific platinum for that to pop.

The heists you will have to do again, but since progress carries over, you won't have to wait for Lester to call you again, as they are available for replay in the heist planning room as long as you have them all done and hosted on the Xbox One U.S. Version.
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (7750/7750 Gamerscore)
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 10 April 15 at 22:10
Thanks for the info
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 09 June 15 at 23:44
Is there any more word on the achievements carrying over? A couple people have reported after completing the JAP version that all the achievements for the NTSC version pop. However, from what I have heard it does not work the opposite way around either.

Is the JAP version locked in Japanese? I'm not sure I want to ruin the experience for myself to get the extra score or not.
-Fox
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 10 June 15 at 00:14
Hexa Fox said:Is there any more word on the achievements carrying over? A couple people have reported after completing the JAP version that all the achievements for the NTSC version pop. However, from what I have heard it does not work the opposite way around either.

Is the JAP version locked in Japanese? I'm not sure I want to ruin the experience for myself to get the extra score or not.
I haven't heard anything else more on achievements carrying over from the JP version to the U.S. version. Like you said, I have heard several people saying that after completing the JP version, when they went back on the U.S. version everything popped. As well, I have also heard that it does not work the other way around.

The JP version is not locked in Japanese. Everything is in English. The only thing that was different was a couple censored cutscenes, as well as skipping all of the torture parts during the torture mission.
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (7750/7750 Gamerscore)
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 25 May 16 at 13:21, Edited on 31 May 16 at 13:31 by napoearth
I just wanted to start chronicling my Triple Dip experience to anyone who comes across this and cares.

First thing I did was 100% it on the XBOX 360, Heists included.

Next I put in GTA V (JP) and played the "Prologue" and "Franklin and Lamar," and unlocked "Welcome to Los Santos." I saved at Franklin's house and went to Online and selected Transfer Character or whatever they call it. I then just waited in my apartment while all online achievements that are in the XBOX 360 version including Heists unlocked. I additionally unlocked with out any further effort "Los Santos Customs," "Pimp my Sidearm," and "Show Off," all three of which I did in single player.

Next I put in GTA V and played the "Prologue" and "Franklin and Lamar," and unlocked "Welcome to Los Santos." I then attempted to transfer the character and it said that I could not because I already transferred to XBOX One. When I got to my apartment the following achievements Unlocked without further effort:
"The Midnight Club"
"Numero Uno"
"American Dream"
"Above the Law"
"Making Moves"
" Three-Bit Gangster"
"Unnatural Selection"
"Stick Up Kid"
"Decorated"

Now I bought one armored Kuruma and unlocked "Live a Little." I went to a gun store and redid "Pimp My Sidearm" the normal way. I joined a heist setup to get those achievements going and when the mission failed, I unlocked "Enjoy Your Stay." Then I switched characters and selected a new character, designed it, and then confirmed the character. It asked me if I wanted to skip the intro and I hit cn_B for no. After going through that "Off the Plane" unlocked.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 May 16 at 07:27
napoearth said:I just wanted to start chronicling my Triple Dip experience to anyone who comes across this and cares.

Next I put in GTA V (JP) and played the "Prologue" and "Franklin and Lamar," and unlocked "Welcome to Los Santos." I saved at Franklin's house and went to Online and selected Transfer Character or whatever they call it. I then just waited in my apartment while all online achievements that are in the XBOX 360 version including Heists unlocked. I additionally unlocked with out any further effort "Los Santos Customs," "Pimp my Sidearm," and "Show Off," all three of which I did in single player.

Next I put in GTA V and played the "Prologue" and "Franklin and Lamar," and unlocked "Welcome to Los Santos." I then attempted to transfer the character and it said that I could not because I already transferred to XBOX One. When I got to my apartment the following achievements Unlocked without further effort:
"The Midnight Club"
"Numero Uno"
"American Dream"
"Above the Law"
"Making Moves"
" Three-Bit Gangster"
"Unnatural Selection"
"Stick Up Kid"
"Decorated"

Now I bought one armored Kuruma and unlocked "Live a Little." I went to a gun store and redid "Pimp My Sidearm" the normal way. I tried to join a heist setup to get those achievements going and when it failed, I unlocked "Enjoy Your Stay." Then I switched characters and selected a new character, designed it, and then confirmed the character. It asked me if I wanted to skip the intro and I hit cn_B for no. After going through that "Off the Plane" unlocked.
Thanks for telling us m8.
I'm currently waiting for mine to be delivered from YesAsia.
I've already done 360 and One version so i'm hoping i just transfer character and get the online achievements i already have.
Again, thanks!
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 31 May 16 at 13:29, Edited on 29 June 16 at 12:25 by napoearth
WSPN10 said:napoearth said:I just wanted to start chronicling my Triple Dip experience to anyone who comes across this and cares.

"The Midnight Club"
"Numero Uno"
"American Dream"
"Above the Law"
"Making Moves"
" Three-Bit Gangster"
"Unnatural Selection"
"Stick Up Kid"
"Decorated"

Now I bought one armored Kuruma and unlocked "Live a Little." I went to a gun store and redid "Pimp My Sidearm" the normal way. I tried to join a heist setup to get those achievements going and when it failed, I unlocked "Enjoy Your Stay." Then I switched characters and selected a new character, designed it, and then confirmed the character. It asked me if I wanted to skip the intro and I hit cn_B for no. After going through that "Off the Plane" unlocked.
Thanks for telling us m8.
I'm currently waiting for mine to be delivered from YesAsia.
I've already done 360 and One version so i'm hoping i just transfer character and get the online achievements i already have.
Again, thanks!
If you started a new character for both the 360 and XBOX One and brought them both to level 100, then you should unlock everything. If you transferred your 360 character to the One, then you may see something like I did for the standard XBOX One version. I am only guessing because I am doing it in the other direction because I figured it would be easier to boost heists in the non-Japanese version.

Update to my progress on the Triple Dip:
More that I had to redo fully:
"Run Like the Wind"
"Dialling Digits"
"Clean Sweep"
"Los Santos Customs"
"Full Refund"
"Can't Touch This"
"Be Prepared"
"Shot Caller"

Update 7 June 16:
Confirmed that "Mastermind" unlocks with first Platinum medal on a heist.

Update 16 June 16:
My original intent was to complete all of Grand Theft Auto V before starting in on single player campaign for Grand Theft Auto V (JP). I accidentally loaded up Grand Theft Auto V (JP) directly to Online and all single player achievements that I had already unlocked in the standard version unlocked in (JP) version automatically, with the exception of the freemode DLC and "A New Perspective". I also got no progress for 100% or 70 gold medals on missions, so it appears that even though I may get most of the achievements in the (JP) version without work, I will still have to play the whole game for the Freemode stuff, 100%, and gold medals. If the 100% and gold medals unlock after I do them on the standard version, I will still probably have to play through to unlock story actors. I guess I could look in director mode and see if any story characters are unlocked before I waste time on the story. I will update when I do.

Update 28 June 16:
Final assessment. After completing all single player achievements in GTA V, I went to GTA V (JP) and all single player achievements unlocked when I went into GTA Online except "Solid Gold, Baby!" and "A New Perspective." I additionally did not have any progress for unlocking actors for the freemode achievements. In summary, I will have to do: the Kifflom story line; enough missions and Strangers and Freaks to get 70 gold medals; find the relevant peyote plants; and meet the Special Characters on the street. I will not have to do any collectibles, Random Events, or Hobbies and Pastimes.
Marx0r
Marx0r
Posted on 02 July 16 at 22:22, Edited on 11 July 16 at 20:42 by Marx0r
Just to share my experience:

Upon migrating my character (1250 in the 360 version to the JP version) I only got about 3 achievements. After loading up the game and walking outside I got about 5 more. The next day, I robbed a shop, tried to migrate my 360 data again (which it said I couldn't) and got the 'rob 20 shops' achievement when it returned me to Free Roam. Then I started a new character, watched the tutorial video, played the first mission that they put you in, and all the rest of the online popped.

I would recommend just doing that last bit immediately. Import your character, load it into a game, switch characters, watch the video, play the first race against the AI, and everything should unlock.
Same as it ever was.
Living Legends
Posted on 06 July 16 at 17:43
Anyone want to sell their copy of this game once they are done? I am interested in purchasing it and can send it through PayPal
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 08 July 16 at 02:12
Living Legends said:Anyone want to sell their copy of this game once they are done? I am interested in purchasing it and can send it through PayPalI will be done soon, PM me an offer.
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 31 August 16 at 04:39
so i want to state my GTA experience to see if there is anything i should worry about before starting the JP version. Its complicated but i will keep it as simple as possible.

I started on 360 but never 100% it before i transfered XboxOne.
Transfered to Xbox One then got my 1500g
Went back to 360, still had my charater online but i was still at the point before i transfered to XboxOne
Im now 2 achieves away from 1250g on 360(heist mode achieves)
After i finish 360 i want to start JP.

should i be fine? or am i gonna have to do online again?
Living Legends
Posted on 31 August 16 at 04:56
You be fine. From what I have read, the stats from Xbox one cords over for online. If not, if you import the character and it's all completed then you'll be fine as well
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 01 September 16 at 00:03
awesome thanks.
LordFightALot
LordFightALot
Posted on 20 September 16 at 21:47
I'm seeing a lot of mixed messages...

I completed the Xbox 360 version 100% (including Heists). Then I started the Xbox One version and all online achievements unlocked (including Heists).

So what will happen once I put in the Japanese Xbox One version? Will the achievements unlock or not?

Thanks in advance!
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 20 September 16 at 22:07
From the info I've read here yes you should be fine, my understanding is if you finish 360 then transfer to X1(normal version) complete that then transfer to Jp version then all online should transfer. One person even said all the progress transferred from xb1 to JP including single player.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.