Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto V (JP) Forum

Triple Dip???

AuthorMessage
LordFightALot
LordFightALot
Posted on 04 February 17 at 11:29
Thank you so much! I also read that quite a few players in the US and EU are not able to find and play with people in Japan. These players can't fill a Heist lobby due to it. Have people in here also experienced this issue?
coasterflo
coasterflo
Posted on 05 February 17 at 16:56
hi, i have the 360 version now on 1250G and have transfer ist to the normal xbox one version. The normal online achievements and heist achievements popped.

Which Multiplayer achievements i now will get if i started the japan version and go to the Multiplayer ?
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 05 February 17 at 17:19
coasterflo said:
hi, i have the 360 version now on 1250G and have transfer ist to the normal xbox one version. The normal online achievements and heist achievements popped.

Which Multiplayer achievements i now will get if i started the japan version and go to the Multiplayer ?
That seems to be the great mystery of our time. I've read everything unlocks to nothing unlocks
Living Legends
Posted on 05 February 17 at 18:35
I have to transfer my character over and will do the Xbox one and then the jp version. I will keep y'all informed
LordFightALot
LordFightALot
Posted on 05 February 17 at 18:43, Edited on 05 February 17 at 18:46 by LordFightALot
xMidget Furyx said:
coasterflo said:

That seems to be the great mystery of our time. I've read everything unlocks to nothing unlocks
Same here... I've talked to multiple people. Some report nothing unlocking, others report some of them unlocking and a few people told me everything unlocks.

I transfered from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One. I've been wanting to pick up the Xbox One JP version but due to these mixed reactions I have not yet.

There's also the danger of not being able to connect to the Japanese players/play with your friend, thus not being able to complete it anyway.

I think you need to be lucky and hope for the best if you plan on playing and completing the JP version...
LordFightALot
LordFightALot
Posted on 05 February 17 at 18:47
Living Legends said:
I have to transfer my character over and will do the Xbox one and then the jp version. I will keep y'all informed
That would be awesome, thank you!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 05 February 17 at 19:46
LordFightALot said:
xMidget Furyx said:
coasterflo said:

Same here... I've talked to multiple people. Some report nothing unlocking, others report some of them unlocking and a few people told me everything unlocks.

I transfered from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One. I've been wanting to pick up the Xbox One JP version but due to these mixed reactions I have not yet.

There's also the danger of not being able to connect to the Japanese players/play with your friend, thus not being able to complete it anyway.

I think you need to be lucky and hope for the best if you plan on playing and completing the JP version...
I have a copy on the way with a estimated delivery of Feb 28 to march 21 laughlaugh
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 05 February 17 at 20:31, Edited on 05 February 17 at 20:31 by YoDz
Just bought my copy digital from the marketplace, I have a session up beginning early march for heist if anyone is interested
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 13 February 17 at 08:16
TrapMuzik99 said:
Your character does transfer to both versions.

I transferred my online character to the U.S. version, and all the online achievements unlock when you first go into online. When I went to play the Japanese Version, your progress carries over, but you have to redo some of online achievements. (The easy ones are the only ones you have to do though, the hard ones like the 30 platinums and the rank achievements carry over).

For the 30 platinums to unlock, I had to get one more platinum for it to unlock, and for robbing the 20 stores I had to create a new character and rob the stores again to get that one to pop.

For heists, I did the all the achievements on the 360 and Xbox One (U.S. version) first, and the heist achievements do not transfer over, but if you have the 8 million achievement and the 25 heist specific platinum medals done on the Xbox One U.S. version, you only have to buy one vehicle in the heist update to get the 8 million to pop, and only have to get one heist specific platinum for that to pop.

The heists you will have to do again, but since progress carries over, you won't have to wait for Lester to call you again, as they are available for replay in the heist planning room as long as you have them all done and hosted on the Xbox One U.S. Version.
Loaded up my JP copy the other day and had similar results, upon first loading online mode, I got my achievements for ranks 25,50, and 100, along with a few others, I had to get one platinum medal in a heist to get the 25 achievement, I had to get one platinum award for the 30 achievement, I have to create a new character for the stores and introduction. I also had to redo a gang attack without dying for tht achievement as well as survive for a day with a bounty and the rally achievement. Then had to redo back up helicopter and mugger achievement
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 13 February 17 at 08:21
Also if anyone is wondering, there are a few people who play online, I see a regular group of about 20 players who are always online, I also noticed progress is shared between both Xbox One Versions.so theoretically I could play the regular version and do my heist set ups then go to JP and finish the heist finale there.
Living Legends
Posted on 13 February 17 at 18:29
I did it the other way. Loaded it up first on the Japan version then switched the disc to regular version. Figured it would be easier to do that way since there is more people playing on the regular version VS the Japan version
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 13 February 17 at 19:07
Well I'm doing that way for that reason, if I do set ups on the regular version im more likely to get randoms from JP to help with finale
Living Legends
Posted on 13 February 17 at 19:23
I meant site wise to create boosting sessions with other users. I don't trust randoms since I was a filthy casual myself for a long time and know what I did before.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 14 February 17 at 01:17
Living Legends said:
I meant site wise to create boosting sessions with other users. I don't trust randoms since I was a filthy casual myself for a long time and know what I did before.
laugh
Post of the day
TangerineGamer
Posted on 14 February 17 at 13:07
Well I'm picking up my copy today, I'm hoping it will all pop but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'll be putting up sessions for the heists if they don't pop, but no one really joined the sessions for the normal version so might have to just hope for the best with randoms
Yours sincerely, TG
Vito084
Vito084
Posted on 14 February 17 at 15:45
Just did the stat transfer today from the 360 to the Jap version, and all the online poped for me without any problem.
Got to love stackable games :P
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 14 February 17 at 17:06, Edited on 14 February 17 at 17:06 by Homunculus Fury
Vito084 said:
Just did the stat transfer today from the 360 to the Jap version, and all the online poped for me without any problem.
How about the NA version did your progress go there too?
TangerineGamer
Posted on 15 February 17 at 20:09
Ok, so if you have already transferred your 360 character to your NA or EU Xbox Oneyou cannot transfer it again, but as its stored on Rockstar servers it loads your character anyway
That wasn't clear to me earlier so wanted to point it out

If you look at my profile you will see what popped for me today (Feb 15th 2017 about 8pm GMT) when I loaded up multiplayer

They are my first achievements in the game and I'm going to play single player now so they'll be easy to find

Like I said I'll be setting up heists it looks like, probably on the weekend and try and do them all in one go
Yours sincerely, TG
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 15 February 17 at 23:23
TangerineGamer said:
Ok, so if you have already transferred your 360 character to your NA or EU Xbox Oneyou cannot transfer it again, but as its stored on Rockstar servers it loads your character anyway
That wasn't clear to me earlier so wanted to point it out

If you look at my profile you will see what popped for me today (Feb 15th 2017 about 8pm GMT) when I loaded up multiplayer

They are my first achievements in the game and I'm going to play single player now so they'll be easy to find

Like I said I'll be setting up heists it looks like, probably on the weekend and try and do them all in one go
Awesome thanks so much for clearing that up, I don't have my copy yet. I'll just have to do the heists, which I don't mind it's the grind to 100 that I don't want to do.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 16 February 17 at 10:36
I'm the same, not fussed about heists and a bit of a grind for money etc. if needed but to go all the way to level 100 again would put me off this game.

Sessions might be next week or more likely next weekend for heists so keep an eye out for them
Yours sincerely, TG
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.