Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto V (JP) Forum

Triple Dip???

AuthorMessage
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 06 March 17 at 05:55
I think it has to do with how the rockstar social club views the online character. You might notice when you stick up a store your counter goes up but no achievement popped.

Kinda confused and hope it straightened it self out.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 06 March 17 at 06:01
I'm gonna leave the regular x1 until I've finished the jp version completely. A friend just had all single player pop doing it this way too.( had heard of it happening but not seen it before ) Also I believe that will work whenever now I've transferred once.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 06 March 17 at 08:46
JamP0und32 said:
I'm gonna leave the regular x1 until I've finished the jp version completely. A friend just had all single player pop doing it this way too.( had heard of it happening but not seen it before ) Also I believe that will work whenever now I've transferred once.
I wouldn't bet on that working but I'd be very jealous if it did. If that were the case, I should have unlocked a couple story achievements by now but that's definitely not happening. Then again, there's really no logic to any of this so you do what suits you best smile
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 06 March 17 at 12:36
Nah I'm not counting on it but that's the second person I've seen it happen to. Might as well try, gonna do them anyway so just means I'll wait for the transfer.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 06 March 17 at 22:55
Technically there isn't anything to transfer, which is where I think the problem is. The xbox 1 version uses the same online for both. I played the fleeca finale on JP version it counted as finished on xbox 1 version
TangerineGamer
Posted on 07 March 17 at 00:36
Yea, I think it was suggested in this thread to do all the setups on the EU/NA version and then do the finale on the JP version and it will count towards the achievements (I have been doing this)
Yours sincerely, TG
coasterflo
coasterflo
Posted on 07 March 17 at 22:37
if somebody want boost the heists achievements with this methode (doing setups in normal version and only the final in JP) write me.

I organice a session at the moment and i have finshed all Pacific Standard setups, and someone will have the A-Serie setups at the session. So we searching for someone for the Human Laps and Prision break.
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 13 March 17 at 17:05, Edited on 13 March 17 at 17:08 by Jay Insomniak
I did all singleplayer on the international version, and the JP synced everything I had at the time. I even went back after I completed 100% and the ones I didn't have the first time unlocked. The only Singleplayer I couldn't sync was 15 hours in first person.
My favourite colour is red
JYN209
JYN209
Posted on 10 April 17 at 15:58, Edited on 10 April 17 at 15:59 by JYN209
Hey all. Just wanted to clarify:
I got ALL mp cheevos on 360, transferred to ONE NAT and got everything there. Is there any chance I can still get the mp achievements the easy way for JP version?
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 10 April 17 at 23:31
Depends i only got the level achievements to unlock. I had to re do the requirements for most. For the off the plane i had to make a new character. The rob 20 stores unlocked when i switched back to my old character. I didnt have the heists done when i tranafered so i am unlocking them on jp first then switching back to NTSC to see if they unlock or ill just have to do them again
SpeleoFool
SpeleoFool
Posted on 11 April 17 at 17:20
qugh21 said:
Hey all. Just wanted to clarify:
I got ALL mp cheevos on 360, transferred to ONE NAT and got everything there. Is there any chance I can still get the mp achievements the easy way for JP version?
That's exactly what I did, too. Here's what popped immediately on JP:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)The Midnight ClubThe The Midnight Club achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 33 pointsGTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Numero UnoThe Numero Uno achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 38 pointsGTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)American DreamThe American Dream achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 13 pointsGTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Above the LawThe Above the Law achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 141 pointsGTA Online: Reach Rank 100.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Making MovesThe Making Moves achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 47 pointsGTA Online: Reach Rank 50.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Three-Bit GangsterThe Three-Bit Gangster achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 14 pointsGTA Online: Reach Rank 25.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Unnatural SelectionThe Unnatural Selection achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 31 pointsGTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.

I created a new character, but when it asked me if I wanted to copy over my settings I said "yes." Probably should have said no, because it didn't let me replay the tutorial for Off the Plane. But I did get these:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Stick Up KidThe Stick Up Kid achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 16 pointsGTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)DecoratedThe Decorated achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 91 pointsGTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.

I created another new character and replayed the tutorial for:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Off the PlaneThe Off the Plane achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 6 pointsGTA Online: Complete the Introduction.

After one heist platinum I got:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)MastermindThe Mastermind achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 103 pointsGTA Online: Earn 25 platinum medals across Heist Setups and Finales.

And then I bought a single $12,000 vehicle for:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Live a LittleThe Live a Little achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 106 pointsGTA Online: Spend a total of $8,000,000 purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heists Update.

--

All of the others I had to replay / re-earn. The upside is that all the nastiest grinds pop with little effort. Heists take some time, but they're one of the best parts of the game, anyway, and not too difficult.

So here's what you're looking at to complete all of the online achievements:
- All the heists
- the 3 Director Mode / Rockstar Editor achievements
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Crew CutThe Crew Cut achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 8 pointsGTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Run Like The WindThe Run Like The Wind achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 32 pointsGTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Dialling DigitsThe Dialling Digits achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 8 pointsGTA Online: Call for a Backup Helicopter for the first time.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Full RefundThe Full Refund achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 18 pointsGTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Backseat DriverThe Backseat Driver achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 19 pointsGTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.

Honestly, it's not bad--especially compared to the original grind to get the MP done.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 11 April 17 at 22:18
SpeleoFool said:
gamer=qugh21]
That is pretty much where I am Speleo, just working on heists and medals and money
NeM2K
Posted on 04 December 18 at 00:51, Edited on 09 December 18 at 21:19 by NeM2K
Thanks for the info SpeleoFool. Some notes after I started the JP stack recently (Originally played on 360, imported into XB1 international)

* Chose "No" to copying over your settings when creating a new character, and don't skip the tutorial, to get this one after replaying the tutorial:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Off the PlaneThe Off the Plane achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 6 pointsGTA Online: Complete the Introduction.

You will get these two after switching back to your main character:
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Stick Up KidThe Stick Up Kid achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 16 pointsGTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.

Grand Theft Auto V (JP)DecoratedThe Decorated achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 91 pointsGTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.

* Does anyone know if you have to repeat all the original heists if you already did them on XB1 international? Eg. for this one, does it pop after doing just the Fleeca Job?
Grand Theft Auto V (JP)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Grand Theft Auto V (JP) worth 57 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't
Why is my GamerTag set to No Tracking? https://bit.ly/2Hvc0oC
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 29 December 18 at 09:41
I assume the Doomsday ones won’t transfer either, then? I haven’t done them on the international version, but since you have to complete Criminal Mastermind three times, they seem like a pain to do. It’d be even worse in the JP version because you’d have so few English speakers to play with.
SpeleoFool
SpeleoFool
Posted on 29 December 18 at 17:43
I have it on good authority that the Doomsday achievements just require a similar bump of the counters. I heard you just have to play one act (I think), but don't have to redo Elite or Mastermind challenges. Timestamps from some of the first people to double up confirm that it's not a very long process.

I burned out after my 2- and 3-player mastermind runs and had to put the game up for a (long) while. Whenever I finish that up I'll follow up here with observations, if someone else hasn't already beat me to it.

FWIW, after doing my orbital strike kill on the international version, that achievement popped for me automatically when I loaded up JP. Saved $500k. Woot.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 29 December 18 at 18:15
If that’s the case, this doesn’t sound too bad. Doing the original heists with randoms wouldn’t be too hard, and everything else you have to redo is solo anyways, right?
The Globalizer
Posted on 29 December 18 at 18:34
SpeleoFool said:
I have it on good authority that the Doomsday achievements just require a similar bump of the counters. I heard you just have to play one act (I think), but don't have to redo Elite or Mastermind challenges. Timestamps from some of the first people to double up confirm that it's not a very long process.

I burned out after my 2- and 3-player mastermind runs and had to put the game up for a (long) while. Whenever I finish that up I'll follow up here with observations, if someone else hasn't already beat me to it.

FWIW, after doing my orbital strike kill on the international version, that achievement popped for me automatically when I loaded up JP. Saved $500k. Woot.
This is very encouraging to hear; didn't think to check timestamps. FYI, I have both versions; if you need someone for the 4-player mastermind, I'd be up to give it a shot or 20. laugh
Coffee 282
Coffee 282
Posted on 26 February 19 at 12:08
I'm getting this game shortly, and have the other version :) If you need an a hand with all the online stuff, get in contact :)
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 26 February 19 at 20:45
Where are you getting it from?
NeM2K
Posted on 16 March 19 at 05:44, Edited on 16 March 19 at 05:45 by NeM2K
Selling my copy if anyone is interested. PM me
Why is my GamerTag set to No Tracking? https://bit.ly/2Hvc0oC
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.