Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Sports Season Ticket To Be Discontinued

• StrikechargerStrikecharger1,182,785
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 10:31
    Chakaal Starr said:WifelikeDrip said:Madden and all the others have small upgrades every year, but the people that play them the most see them the most. I don't own, nor have I played any of that boring ass shit. I like different boring shit to another crowd: Forza2345. And they change every 2 years.

Looking at other people's games list because a comment got your panties tight is a douche-hobby. Those types should look into taking long walks off short piers.dive
    It is there for the looking at, I have no problem when people look at my card. In a genre discussion, it does to an extent show what a person is into so I will occasionally glance at the game list for most people that say something interesting, whether I agree or not. I don't think I would term it a hobby though.
    It's still pretty foolish in my opinion, to think the games on their card would be the whole collection, or the only games people have played.
    Blablabla, Mr. Freeman.
  • Posted on 24 August 14 at 17:59
    Strikecharger said:Chakaal Starr said:WifelikeDrip said:Madden and all the others have small upgrades every year, but the people that play them the most see them the most. I don't own, nor have I played any of that boring ass shit. I like different boring shit to another crowd: Forza2345. And they change every 2 years.

Looking at other people's games list because a comment got your panties tight is a douche-hobby. Those types should look into taking long walks off short piers.dive
    It is there for the looking at, I have no problem when people look at my card. In a genre discussion, it does to an extent show what a person is into so I will occasionally glance at the game list for most people that say something interesting, whether I agree or not. I don't think I would term it a hobby though.
    It's still pretty foolish in my opinion, to think the games on their card would be the whole collection, or the only games people have played.
    This is why I said to an extent, and exactly the reason it is hard to take most people's completion percentages seriously especially when they are fairly high because it has become pretty common for people to have 10-20 games or more sitting around unopened. I am aware that many 'completionists' also play their hard games or games with unobtainables on another card to make their percentage better. (by the way I didn't look at your card until after I typed that general statement, so be aware that it was not written to reflect your percentage)

Even with a big backlog though, there is pretty good chance if you are into a particular genre that your card won't be nearly devoid of that genre.

BTW, if you have everything you own on your card, give or take a game or two, congrats on your percentage. Since you brought up that a card may not reflect the whole collection, that I also feel there is nothing to be proud of if you are hiding a pile of games from your card however.
  • StrikechargerStrikecharger1,182,785
    Posted on 24 August 14 at 19:37
    Chakaal Starr said:This is why I said to an extent, and exactly the reason it is hard to take most people's completion percentages seriously especially when they are fairly high because it has become pretty common for people to have 10-20 games or more sitting around unopened. I am aware that many 'completionists' also play their hard games or games with unobtainables on another card to make their percentage better. (by the way I didn't look at your card until after I typed that general statement, so be aware that it was not written to reflect your percentage)

Even with a big backlog though, there is pretty good chance if you are into a particular genre that your card won't be nearly devoid of that genre.

BTW, if you have everything you own on your card, give or take a game or two, congrats on your percentage. Since you brought up that a card may not reflect the whole collection, that I also feel there is nothing to be proud of if you are hiding a pile of games from your card however.
    I agree, a gamercard does show what someone plays in general, but that only counts for 360/One and PS3/4. Anyway, my statement was not against you in particular, it was more of a general statement, because it was brought up by so many people here.

Also, your comment about completion percentage can be applied to anything (e.g. playing easy games for score, boosting multiplayer for ratio) and I agree that it's nothing to be proud of.
    I do have a backlog of games that I still need to play, though the reason they are not on my card yet is not my percentage, it's because I play one game after the other, you can see this as lying or inflating the percentage if you want, but I'm not really proud of my percentage anyway. Nothing that you see on a gamer card hare on TA shows you how "good" someone is.
    Blablabla, Mr. Freeman.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads