Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Elite: Dangerous Announces Close Q' Championships

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Achievement Completion Percentage: 96.04% (Includes owned DLC) - 100 more achievements required to reach 97%TrueAchievements News Assistant Manager12,696 posts
Last post: Today at 13:31
Posted on 21 June 15 at 21:24
New mode coming first to Xbox One

Please click here to read the story: Elite: Dangerous Announces Close Q' Championships
sirbradenwalker
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.7554Previously had a Pro Account on TrueAchievements.com732 posts
Last post: 08 Mar at 04:05
Posted on 21 June 15 at 21:48
So does the game have PvP already or is it getting added with this update?
codysegraves
codysegraves
86,843 TrueAchievement Points95 posts
Last post: 21 Mar at 14:35
Posted on 21 June 15 at 22:23
Quick question on this game: I downloaded the free trial, and it only features the tutorial missions. What is currently available in the paid preview version? How much content? I'd like to know more before purchasing.
Dr Latour
Dr Latour
596,632 TrueAchievement Points162 posts
Last post: 28 Feb at 21:59
Posted on 21 June 15 at 23:31
Its does have PVP i think assuming you can find each other, the game it's self is fun but it has a very slow start from what ive played.
doowylloH
doowylloH
207,007 TrueAchievement Points311 posts
Last post: 17 Apr at 01:52
Posted on 21 June 15 at 23:39
At least you're playing it... I have it but can't play it due to the stupid confirmation email not coming in. It won't let me play until I link the frickin' thing!
angry
Requiescat in pace
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
231,067 TrueAchievement Points170 posts
Last post: 13 Apr at 13:25
Posted on 21 June 15 at 23:58
Dr Latour said:Its does have PVP i think assuming you can find each other, the game it's self is fun but it has a very slow start from what ive played.Yep if you run into another human pilot you can fight each other, on the PC there were specific conflicts that you could join that had human pilots on each side.

This looks like they are setting up a specific PVP mode though which could be interesting though not something I will be doing as I suck at the combat
Redders 420
Redders 420
412,222 TrueAchievement Points254 posts
Last post: 20 Apr at 17:23
Posted on 22 June 15 at 00:15
Sedgendary said:Dr Latour said:Its does have PVP i think assuming you can find each other, the game it's self is fun but it has a very slow start from what ive played.Yep if you run into another human pilot you can fight each other, on the PC there were specific conflicts that you could join that had human pilots on each side.

This looks like they are setting up a specific PVP mode though which could be interesting though not something I will be doing as I suck at the combat
Lol, me too! I have been making all my money delivering things and trying to avoid real people! laugh
It's more than just a game, It's a passion.
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
11 walkthroughs owned123 solutions7,486 posts
Last post: Today at 00:08
Posted on 22 June 15 at 10:08
How come this isn't classed as an aerial combat?
Heroic Blanket
265 completed games(Includes owned DLC)Achievement Completion Percentage: 86.29% (Includes owned DLC) - 68 more achievements required to reach 87%384 posts
Last post: 29 Nov 16 at 07:12
Posted on 22 June 15 at 15:32
o DEEVIUS o said:How come this isn't classed as an aerial combat?Because it's a Space Sim, not an Aerial Combat game.
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
Posted on 22 June 15 at 18:11
lol, I know, it's classed as a Simulation, but why? Is there no combat? What then do you do?
codysegraves
codysegraves
Posted on 22 June 15 at 19:50
o DEEVIUS o said:lol, I know, it's classed as a Simulation, but why? Is there no combat? What then do you do?Because combat isn't the point of the game. It's an option, along with nonviolent acts such as trading, exploring, smuggling, etc. It's a simulation because it gives you a ton of options on what to do in space, which attempting to realistically portray space and its contents. If this game were focused solely on combat, then it would fall into the category of aerial combat or space combat simulation. Since you can technically play the game without ever engaging in combat, however, those tags do not apply. This is all space sim, all the time.
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
Posted on 22 June 15 at 20:15
This trailer looks very 'combat' orientated that's all - and extremely awesome! I'd like it to be an Aerial Combat but TA still loves its single-genre classification system, some other websites class this as a 'Space Exploration and Combat Simulation'.

I see it also supports the Oculus Rift, this will definitely be one of my first XO games when the time comes smile
We Get the Achievements We Deserve
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
231,067 TrueAchievement Points170 posts
Last post: 13 Apr at 13:25
Posted on 23 June 15 at 12:40
You can play it as a space combat game if that is your wish becoming a bounty hunter tracking down and destroying criminals, you can even create a wing of friends (there is even an achievement for this) and fight as a group.

Basically there are three main routes to playing the game: Combat, Trading and Exploration and it is up to you which of these you go down or even which combination of these you go down. Each route has multiple ranks and each rank unlocks access to more missions at the stations.
codysegraves
codysegraves
Posted on 23 June 15 at 14:48
o DEEVIUS o said:This trailer looks very 'combat' orientated that's all - and extremely awesome! I'd like it to be an Aerial Combat but TA still loves its single-genre classification system, some other websites class this as a 'Space Exploration and Combat Simulation'.

I see it also supports the Oculus Rift, this will definitely be one of my first XO games when the time comes smile
That's because this trailer is for an event, just like how there are CS:Go and Starcraft tournaments.
Heroic Blanket
265 completed games(Includes owned DLC)Achievement Completion Percentage: 86.29% (Includes owned DLC) - 68 more achievements required to reach 87%384 posts
Last post: 29 Nov 16 at 07:12
Posted on 26 June 15 at 08:16
o DEEVIUS o said:This trailer looks very 'combat' orientated that's all - and extremely awesome! I'd like it to be an Aerial Combat but TA still loves its single-genre classification system, some other websites class this as a 'Space Exploration and Combat Simulation'.

It's not listed as an Aerial Combat game because it isn't one, it's got nothing to do with loving single-genre classifications. Halo games aren't listed as driving games simply because they have vehicles in them. Yes you can engage in combat with other spaceships, but that's neither the primary objective nor the major part of the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.