Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Sale Roundup: March 31st, 2015

• PuckJunkiePuckJunkie600,090
    Posted on 02 April 15 at 15:09Permalink
    PainfulLegacy said:Going to have to get that Bioshock Season pass. Pretty silly that they discounted the episodes to $10 a piece. But the season pass is at $13, for all the dlc.Maybe they correctly evaluated the value to the consumer of the Clash in the Clouds DLC at -$7.
  • Posted on 02 April 15 at 15:54Permalink
    When is BF4 Premium on sale again?
    Been waiting for a while...
  • Posted on 02 April 15 at 17:36Permalink
    Nothing do me there
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,420
    Posted on 02 April 15 at 18:38Permalink
    CRAP! I just got Dragon Age Inquisition for that price... but non-deluxe. Oh well.
    I will probably get Lego Marvel on 360 since I have a save file for this.
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,420
    Posted on 02 April 15 at 18:39Permalink
    pg88 said:*You all like Lego games, right?*

Nope, I am older than 10.
    Oh shut up. Grown up people can still like to play Lego games.
    roll
  • Posted on 02 April 15 at 19:40Permalink
    Noodles Cheyenn said:SantaUndercover said:I was waiting for you Sales :)
    But why wasn't this posted on Tuesday like always?
    Ah, that would be me, Sir.

New to this Newshound malarkey and didn't fathom how much work was required to put these bad boys up! Started yesterday and it took some time!

Apologies for the delay.
    Better late than never! Thank you Noodles. I can finally get the Infinite season pass!
    wait.....what am I signing here?
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,096,670
    Posted on 03 April 15 at 00:21Permalink
    CM Trance said:pg88 said:*You all like Lego games, right?*

roll
    IF you literally like collecting the same crap again and again, having to replay levels and grind out studs then by all means go ahead but honestly these are the most boring games I've ever played and I'd never buy another one again, Lego Lotr was the last one I did and that was purely because I liked LOTR, and now I don't even like that as much anymore thanks to Lego lol.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,012
    Posted on 03 April 15 at 00:30Permalink
    I'm 24 and I still like LEGO. Check my games played/completed for proof of that.

OT: Given that I now have Bioshock Infinite courtesy of GwG, I think it's almost mandatory that I get that Season Pass. I'm also tempted by the DLC bundle pack of NFS.

And I can't stress it enough, if you're playing Dragon Age (any of them), get the DLC. Same goes for Kingdoms of Amalur -- ESPECIALLY since it isn't on sale often.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,778
    Posted on 03 April 15 at 01:13, Edited on 03 April 15 at 01:26 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Also on sale this week:

Slender: The Arrival 30% off until 6th April 2015 (Gold Exclusive)
    Project Spark Recon Mission 25% off until 7th April 2015

Gears of War 67% off until 15th April 2015 (Gold Exclusive)
    Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 2 (JP Ver) 67% off until 15th April 2015 (Gold Exclusive)
    Gears of War 3 60% off until 15th April 2015 (Gold Exclusive)

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog

o BraveStaRr said:"The LEGO Movie Videogame (Xbox 360) - 75% off - Now US $4.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 / AU $22.48"

Is this one really $4.99 / £6.24 :(
    I agree, it is unfair why games are much cheaper in the US and UK than they are in Australia and New Zealand. The problem is that regional digital prices are based on regional physical prices. So whilst you can find this game for around $5 on disc in the US, I got this game in the Boxing Day sales in New Zealand for $35. It's currently $88 at ebgames.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 03 April 15 at 06:11Permalink
    Hmmmmmmm I'll take Lego Marvel. I need to get my 360 fixed.
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
  • Posted on 03 April 15 at 16:44, Edited on 03 April 15 at 16:44 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    Angels Kill Too said:CM Trance said:pg88 said:*You all like Lego games, right?*

roll
    IF you literally like collecting the same crap again and again, having to replay levels and grind out studs then by all means go ahead but honestly these are the most boring games I've ever played and I'd never buy another one again, Lego Lotr was the last one I did and that was purely because I liked LOTR, and now I don't even like that as much anymore thanks to Lego lol.
    Most game franchises are repetitive. Different people are willing to play different repetition. Depending on the Lego game it's more likely to be different than the last then say a Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed is. Lego games in the same series CAN get pretty repetitive. Each Lego game (when not a series) is just new levels and mechanics, just like any other series.
    Not the biggest fan of the Lego games but I generally buy them once they're down to 5 bucks. Yeah we aren't exactly the target audience but there are enough 12 year olds on M games for me to know target audience isn't everything.
  • Posted on 03 April 15 at 18:27Permalink
    Noodles Cheyenn said:SantaUndercover said:I was waiting for you Sales :)
    But why wasn't this posted on Tuesday like always?
    Ah, that would be me, Sir.

New to this Newshound malarkey and didn't fathom how much work was required to put these bad boys up! Started yesterday and it took some time!

Apologies for the delay.
    No problem bro!
    I'm just a spoiled gamer who likes his 'Sales' on Tuesday :)
    Keep up the work and the sales!
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420210,214
    Posted on 03 April 15 at 20:35Permalink
    Slydog73 said:Why is that Australians keep getting geographically screwed for pricing, based on current exchange rates, note the conversion below and giving consideration this is a digital media and not physical copy:

Lego the Hobbit (Xbox One), AUD Sale Price $35.98
    $12.00 US = $15.84 AUD; $12.80 pound = $25.05 AUD; $16.00 Euro = $22.88 AUD

What a load of b*llocks, also I have just purchased a physical copy (which I can trade or resell) for less than the current sale price, and they wonder why digital copies are not taking off
    Because they can.

No, seriously that's it. Microsoft, Apple and Adobe have gone on record saying that they overcharge for their products pretty much because they can.

Give this a read.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-22/apple-microsoft-grille...
    OH NO, THE BIG BOOBIES ARE SCARING ME! MUUUUUUUUUM!!!! -osubluejacket
  • Posted on 03 April 15 at 23:49Permalink
    Which one of the cheaper LEGO games should I pickup?
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
  • Posted on 04 April 15 at 02:51, Edited on 04 April 15 at 02:58 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    One Winged Boss said:Which one of the cheaper LEGO games should I pickup?Marvel seems to have some of the best ratings of the 5 buck ones (on here anyway).
  • xWEEDMAN 89xxWEEDMAN 89x206,556
    Posted on 04 April 15 at 14:25Permalink
    Damn it! Of course I spent 4 of the 6 dollars I had on my account last week. This happens every time I want something from the next weeks sales facepalm
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,322,977
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 12:44Permalink
    TBH I'm kinda burnt out on LEGO games.
    Goal: 500,000gs with 500 total games, 100% including all DLC. Deadline: 1-1-16.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.