Game Discussion: Rayman Legends Forum

Stupid Points

AuthorMessage
Kexol
Kexol
Posted on 12 June 15 at 21:24
PuckJunkie said:Ophock said:No offense to that guy(Mithril), but screw him and anyone else taking up valuable top spots unnecessarily, and making the needed values for golds or diamonds that much more unobtainable.

Today's get there quickly challenge: top spot... 7.86seconds.. F U C K you. I'm never going to finish this stupid game, and I was enjoying up until this mess of a grind.
I know. It's infuriating. When I think of the number of games I've given up playing for the sake of the community, knowing this guy is shoving his enjoyment of this game in my face is nearly intolerable.

Gamers should know better. I don't care if you enjoy playing a particular game every day or not. As a gamer, and as a member of the gaming community, you have a duty to abandon that game to make it easier for other people to get their achievements.
Wait what? The guy doesn't have an obligation to do anything. If he wants to continue playing Rayman Legends for the rest of his life then so be it.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 13 June 15 at 00:02
Kexol said:Wait what? The guy doesn't have an obligation to do anything. If he wants to continue playing Rayman Legends for the rest of his life then so be it.This is true. Which is why designing achievements that can be 'blocked' or restricted by other people is a terrible idea. If, for example, there was a fixed daily par score/time for platinum, gold, silver and bronze then you'd not be trying to hit a limited moving target.
shadowninja25
shadowninja25
Posted on 13 June 15 at 17:31, Edited on 13 June 15 at 17:32 by shadowninja25
The guys that are always taking up the Diamond cups seem to be going so not necessarily to stop others from getting the achievements, but they seem to all be trying to be ranked #1. I just wish I knew how they set such RIDICULOUS scores. I find myself to be pretty good at this game, but some of their scores are just insane. I've only managed 2 diamond cups from these challenges in the 3 months that I've been grinding.
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 24 June 15 at 21:34
Probably been mentioned, but a lot of the top players use multiple players on the same console on the challenges you can like the collect 200 as fast you can. As you can imagine, having another player go the opposite way, or ready to hit the next set of lums on the other side makes it easier to collect them faster, and at their peak reward.

As for the run the longest ones, I don't even go for diamond there as they are posting crazy long scores.
x55StarGeneralx
Posted on 05 July 15 at 16:23
I follow mithril on xbox one. Let me tell u, that dude is legit! He post his dailys every day on his feed. Very impressive guy !
tornprince2012
Posted on 17 July 15 at 23:40
Since this is about stupid points, seems right to ask a stupid question : if you start new game, doesn't Ubisoft keep all the awesomeness levels? It would make sense because it's servers and leaderboards data, but who's in logics business these days, huh?

Just a wishful thinking. Imagine how easy it would have been if you could keep the level and just replay everything in single player for those points....angry
Clutch Rino
Clutch Rino
Posted on 20 July 15 at 02:55, Edited on 20 July 15 at 02:58 by Clutch Rino
Don't know why everyone seems to bitch about the points. It's not that hard to do. Once you play the challenges you learn different techniques on how to improve your time and the more you play a certain challenge the more familiar you are with it. You can also set the ghosts on so you can see people that have better times than you and you can see how they do it.

When I did the 360 version I think I only got one diamond cup and got gold for everything else. Then doing it again on the one you learn new tricks and it became super easy for me. I ended up getting 24 diamond cups in challenges on the one. Persistence is key and if there's a challenge you know you can get diamond just keep doing it and eventually you will get it.

I found the challenge's when you see how far you can go or drop down are the easiest to get diamonds on. Like I said keep practicing the levels and you get familiar with them.

Also, I would like to add that the challenges for getting the most lums are the easiest to do. The ones with no time limit you should be able to get a diamond every time
tornprince2012
Posted on 20 July 15 at 11:39
This is a rant thread. You don't like it - you know the way out. In my experience, people who say "Oh, this is easy. Eh, that is not hard at all" (in a conversation like this!) are major jerks, if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, giving tips to actually get better is very respectful, so I don't know what to think. Bottom line - this is a bitching thread, like it or not.

Some of us have families, jobs and lives outside Box, so even if I, personally, want to practice and get better, I have no time to spare. Or maybe I really suck at this, end of story. Gold is there almost every time, but I don't have an hour to run 30 kilometers or retry to be the best for an hour and a half. I prefer to put 5 minutes a day on those and be done with it. And, of course, to bitch that the points are stupid.

@RIN014 - By the way, are you done with PvZ for good or planning to keep playing it even after?
Clutch Rino
Clutch Rino
Posted on 20 July 15 at 16:11
I do understand that this is a rant thread,. It happens in most games people seem to complain about something in every game. I understand that people do have jobs, families and etc. I work too but in my expeiernce even playing for 10 minutes to an hour a day just to work on challenges helps a lot.

Like I said before if you practice these challenges early on once you get close to finishing your awesomeness your familiar with certain challenges and they become easy and simple.

I know everyone has different skill set to this game and it can become frustrating believe me. I know how you guys feel. But, when I see pages like this I do want to give advice to people to help them out and I'm not bringing you guys down on bitching about the points. It is a stupid achievement but don't let one achievement ruin your expeirence on a game or hate the game because of one "grindy" achievement.

I know people who do this and they will affect a games rating because an achievement that was " too hard or hard to do" rather than the experience of the game. Like I said before watch the ghosts of people ahead of you. I never did this on the 360 version but this time it helped me a lot and I think that's why I finished the game quicker than expected.

@ tornprince2012 I am done with PvZ but what did you need in it?
tornprince2012
Posted on 20 July 15 at 16:27
I just dived the game and played for about ten levels. Finished Origins, loved it very much. So I know how it goes and that it can drive you crazy. This time I played more challenges than the actual levels, I think, just because I play other stuff and would like to advance it Legends, on the way.

Ghosts, by the way, don't help me personally. I find them very disorientating, and if I fall behind for just half a second, they are already on the other screen, so that doesn't help.

PvZ - I finished it on both consoles, just in love with that game, trying to find people here and there who share that love and occasionally play for fun laugh.
Clutch Rino
Clutch Rino
Posted on 20 July 15 at 21:45, Edited on 20 July 15 at 21:46 by Clutch Rino
The thing with the ghosts is if your doing a challenge and get a gold. Then turn the ghosts on and watch the people who have diamond times and watch what they do and try to replicate what they do. It worked for me on getting diamonds.

PvZ- I also finished it on both consoles and have a lot of fun playing it. Can't wait for the second one to come out.
PlayUltimate711
Posted on 20 July 15 at 22:04, Edited on 20 July 15 at 22:16 by PlayUltimate711
For me it wasn't even that it was hard. I was earning all golds and a few diamonds. I just thought the challenges were too repetitive and it was really annoying when I was only a couple places off diamond and only got 10 points while people 2 spots ahead of me got 50. The challenges are designed VERY well, but there's just not enough variance. It's not hard, I just got to the point where I was sick of playing it EVERY day.

Also, I don't remember the exact numbers, but I was at 5995 points or so and at something like 1000th place. I got a pretty good score for my last challenge and moved up to lets say 6055 points and moved all the way to 25th place or something stupidly high like that. NOBODY is playing after they get the final achievement. The game should be enjoyable so people aren't ready to never touch it again after that.
Ophock
Ophock
Posted on 23 July 15 at 23:51
I know a short time back I was on here complaining, and diamond are still... just... STUPID to attain. I'm sorry.. I got 1400m of 2000m for the diamond minimum and someone got 33km?! UGH.

Anyway, I'm down to my last week, and I too am just sick of playing it. I've improved, sure, but not enough to actually find it enjoyable day in, day out. I have nothing more to complain about, but I am never stepping foot into a Rayman game again that has this sort of thing.

Good luck to all. It's a terrible grind, but in less than one week, even mine will be over. There is hope after all..

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 July 15 at 19:51
Just throwing my tuppence in...

I'm not annoyed at the people topping the boards, fair play to them and their skill, I've tried some of the tricks they pull off (e.g. the jump start thing) but I can't do it reliably enough. Now the player base has dwindled I'm basically aiming for Golds and have around 500points left, I got one diamond when the player base was high, but I didn't realise what the achievement demanded until I completed the main game so I wasn't bothering with challenges until it was a bit too late. On my current pace I should have it done in 4 weeks if I don't miss anything and keep getting Golds (not a guarantee now).

It's just such an annoying achievement. When I started playing the game I loved it so much that I decided I would go for 100% (at the time I only had one 100% game), and my compulsiveness won't let me quit now, especially since I'm in a daily rhythm with it. I'm hoping that not many more players drop off because it'll cause the grind to get longer as I slip into silvers.

Really, I just think it was a poorly thought out target, of course achievements should have a challenge to them, but I think this isn't as much a challenge as it is a grind, and if I wanted that I'd still be playing WoW.
Tecstar70
Tecstar70
Posted on 22 December 16 at 09:08
Anyone who gets regular golds, let alone diamonds, should count themselves lucky. I am on a total grindfest now to get to Awesome level 11. I am lucky to get one gold per week in the challenges, so am working with silvers and bronzes. If I do challenges every day I estimate it will take me 8 months to get from Level 9 to 10, averaging about 48 points per week. Then I need to get to 11!!!

The only challenges I can get Gold on are the distance ones. Dojo , no chance, collecting Lums, very unlikely. I have tried to learn the techniques but just cant get them. Very frustrating to see others constantly getting Diamonds, are on Level 11, have 5 million Lums and clearly don't need to do the challenges. That along with the hackers who manage to get totally ridiculous results.

Its turned into the kind of grind that you see in mobile games that sucks the pleasure out of playing. I won't be buying another Rayman game after this one.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 22 December 16 at 16:00
Tecstar70 said:
Anyone who gets regular golds, let alone diamonds, should count themselves lucky. I am on a total grindfest now to get to Awesome level 11. I am lucky to get one gold per week in the challenges, so am working with silvers and bronzes. If I do challenges every day I estimate it will take me 8 months to get from Level 9 to 10, averaging about 48 points per week. Then I need to get to 11!!!

The only challenges I can get Gold on are the distance ones. Dojo , no chance, collecting Lums, very unlikely. I have tried to learn the techniques but just cant get them. Very frustrating to see others constantly getting Diamonds, are on Level 11, have 5 million Lums and clearly don't need to do the challenges. That along with the hackers who manage to get totally ridiculous results.

Its turned into the kind of grind that you see in mobile games that sucks the pleasure out of playing. I won't be buying another Rayman game after this one.
You should be level 10 if you've done everything in the story though? It'll still be a grind, but that stuff is a huge boost.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.