Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Extra Life 2014 Roundup

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,256
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:03
    That moment when three of your friends are listed in a row. dance Great job to everyone that participated!
    Fatal plz.
  • BirchBirch468,269
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:01
    Was a lot of fun, I tweeted our links throughout the day as I played. Can't wait for next year
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,656,268
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:05, Edited on 28 October 14 at 00:07 by Dang3R Gaming
    I'm glad you liked my stream while you were there. I'm still trying for the top scores on Kickbeat, only Survival and Overall to top now. As always well done to everyone who took part and raised so much for this amazing cause!
  • Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:13
    I've still got a few days until my effort, doing it on Halloween!
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,256
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:17
    Andreka0 said:I've still got a few days until my effort, doing it on Halloween!Send the TA account a Tweet and we'll try and spread the word for you.
    TA Social Manager | TA Newshound | TA Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic
  • ZZBroncosZZBroncos227,973
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 00:43
    I'm very proud to be a part of such a great community that gives back freely. I know I hadn't heard of this before coming across MC0REBE and his boosting sessions for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Next time around, I hope that Rich will add something to the side of the site for every individual for the month of October to promote this cause. A news article is great, but if you sign in once a week or so, or don't check the news site, the visibility just isn't there. Either way, clap for everyone involved in this effort!
  • PLACER89PLACER89212,538
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 01:28
    That's incredible! Great job everyone! Hoping to participate next year when I finally have everything set up in my new house!
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl1,032,880
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 02:03
    Great job everyone!
    No mercy.
  • Posted on 28 October 14 at 02:42
    Way to go everyone! Happy to be apart of it!
    Heroes never die.
  • acedawg4acedawg43,110,689
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 02:55
    With all the money made from this, you would think the graph will look a little better lol
    Good job to all
  • Posted on 28 October 14 at 02:59
    I participated through my company, Playtika. We had a 31 hour game session at work starting Friday after we were done for the day. It was fun, but grueling. Only 6 of us made it the whole length. Many took breaks.

I look forward to it next year.
  • Posted on 28 October 14 at 03:33
    Im happy I could donate my time and energy to put it towards such a great cause such as this. My xbox got a real workout but its a small price to pay (and I made the full 24 too), hope to be able to do it again next year and congrats to our team!!
    Eaglesman3620
  • Beth BearBeth Bear1,814,173
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 04:45
    Thanks for the mention Me and Jay were very happy to participate for such an awesome cause. We just want to thank all our friends who came to support us during our 24 hours and all the amazing people who donated. We are still however going with raising money because we are pretty determined to hit $1000.. We have raised $807 so far! Huge thanks.. Just to remind everyone that we still have 2 draws running and you guys can still win a brand new sealed copy of the evil within for the console of your choice and a copy of borderlands the pre sequel! All u have to do to enter is donate $2 to enter one or if you want to be in both $4 .. Just donate this to out page and leave us a message when you donate or inbox on TA letting us know which version of the game/games you want depending on if you enter one or both! Both draws close on the 22nd on Nov and winners will be announced live on our stream on the 23rd :)
    Donation page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.pa...
    If you have issues with the page search 'Beth Corfield' on the Extra Life Website. Remember folks you have to be in it to win it :)
  • Scouse CanadianScouse Canadian1,525,899
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 05:06
    Loved taking part and was glad so to be part of the team. Sign me up for next year!
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,475
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 06:55
    I had a lot of fun while streaming and I'm planning to do more on a regular basis. I never expected myself to hit my first goal of 150$, and needless to say I wouldn have expected to hit the total I did. I've met a lot of people I can honestly say I would like to meet again, ZZBroncos being one of them and I won't hesitate to join the TA Tean again next year. As for the 24 hours, I'm getting too old for this stuff laugh. I was completely broken after I was done, but the pain was softened with the people in the chatroom laugh.
    TA Walkthrough & Game Info Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 October 14 at 10:51
    Nice, hope Europe Joins in and that we then can Donate with our local iDeal, as I don't have Paypall or Creditcard (CC's are not a common payment-method here).
    Twitch/YouTube: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
  • Accio BeerAccio Beer249,939
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 12:28
    I just finished my marathon, and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. Goodnight!
    "Isn't that a disease, Dad?"-quote from the daughter of a clanmate of mine, inquiring about my gamertag.
  • SnipedByAGir1SnipedByAGir14,135,861
    Posted on 28 October 14 at 12:57
    This was so much fun! I can't wait to do it all over again next year. Awesome job everyone toast.
  • Posted on 28 October 14 at 15:05
    I had a team going myself and I doubled my first goal of $200, ending up with $435 raised.

It was really awesome to receive all the support I did for people messaging me on facebook and the chat in my livestream.

Can't wait to do it again next year, and I'll join forces with the TA crew too.
    Follow me on LIVE & Twitter! LIVE: prattalmighty Twitter : @pratt_jwa
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads