Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Summary for the Holidays [UPDATE]

• Posted on 02 January 14 at 18:40Permalink
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Temple Run 2 doesn't seem to be able to be downloaded on Nokia Lumia 520. Just an FYI.
    It requires 1GB of RAM. An update for 512MB devices is "planned" according to a developer.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • punkyliarpunkyliar192,956
    Posted on 02 January 14 at 19:11Permalink
    pezza888 said:
    The old minesweeper (wp) has been removed from the store now that microsoft minesweeper has come out. I submitted this as news but they didn't even mention it here!
    We got your suggestion and we checked it out. As the game is still available on the marketplace here for everybody to download and hasn't been removed as you claimed, we didn't mention it.
  • Posted on 02 January 14 at 20:09Permalink
    Those free one are hard for WP8 !!!
  • LanDiLanDi317,523
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 00:13Permalink
    Rikk Bird said:
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP) is a battery killer. Seems like some rouge piece of code is turning my phone into a pocket heater when I play it!

Recommend waiting for the inevitable update.
    The Mahjong game eats battery too :(
  • Posted on 03 January 14 at 00:48Permalink
    Is Final Fantasy 3 actually Final Fantasy 3 or is it Final Fantasy 6?
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan967,233
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 02:29Permalink
    Avaritia Aurous said:
    Is Final Fantasy 3 actually Final Fantasy 3 or is it Final Fantasy 6?
    It's a remake of the 8-bit NES Final Fantasy 3, which also had a release on the DS.
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • Chris8875Chris8875515,130
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 05:24Permalink
    The glitchy Mahjong achievements (at least in my experience) can be popped relatively easily.

The 10 in a row achievement will only pop if it is 10 wins in a row without exiting from the game or going to lock screen.

There is one medal (that goes towards the 20 medals gained achievement) that is glitchy, but you can simply avoid it and go for one of the other medals, as there is more than 20 in the game.

And a couple of the "win xxx games" achievements will unlock if you play one more game than required (at least that's what I found).
  • Posted on 03 January 14 at 07:15Permalink
    I'm so getting FF3! Pisses me off how many games(not just the free ones) i've mised out on because I don't have a Windows 8 phone.......
  • neeker75neeker751,005,721
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 15:11Permalink
    I still have FF3 on my DS. Got a review copy some years back while writing for a magazine, didn't get to return it.

I'd love to play it for achievements, if they weren't so hardcore.

Does anyone know when will the full game for Little Mermaid be released? The trial version has three achievements for a grand whopping total of 28 TA at the moment. I could outsource the game to my wife for some easy points.
  • Posted on 04 January 14 at 03:34Permalink
    toxicitymitch said:
    Holy Moley! I want to know who in their right mind will pay 15.99 for a WP game...
    It was 35 when it came out on the DS so...
  • sm182sm182770,786
    Posted on 04 January 14 at 21:51Permalink
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    toxicitymitch said:
    Holy Moley! I want to know who in their right mind will pay 15.99 for a WP game...
    You could also sell it when you were done with it so...
  • Posted on 04 January 14 at 22:13Permalink
    sm182 said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    toxicitymitch said:
    But then if you didn't finish it before it would sell for more than 17 you'd be out even more money so...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 January 14 at 04:00Permalink
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    sm182 said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    toxicitymitch said:
    But then if you didn't finish it before it would sell for more than 17 you'd be out even more money so...
    You can get it for the DS now for around $10 or less...and be able to sell it back afterwards. Regardless, $15.99 is pretty steep for a digital copy of a game even if it weren't on a phone. I just don't understand people (not you per say) that willingly throw money away on digital content (at full price) and think that an all digital future is going to be awesome.

OT: That Solitaire game isn't the only battery killer. The Minesweeper game also drains a battery faster than it recharges. Not sure why these new MS games are such battery killers.
  • EX slay3rEX slay3r238,834
    Posted on 09 January 14 at 13:47Permalink
    I'm finally getting the Xbox One and it should arrive tomorrow. Then I'm one of the few in Finland who owns it since it's not released here yet. Which kinda sucks... Well I'm finally going to get to play Halo: Spartan Assault on Xbox One and it's probably my first and only game on it at this time.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.