The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 23rd, 2014

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 December 14 at 10:30Permalink
    Quadrahands said:Billy Horrible said:There, you see? Borderlands and Game Of Thrones season passes 50% off before the second episode of either has been released. I hate being right. Though I just found confirmation that it's a good thing that I waited with buying either.I have good news, you are not right. They are 15% off, not 50%.You're right, I misread the page. First episodes of both are 50% off and the season passes are indeed only 15% off.

Though the "I'm right" bit was referring to me telling everybody a few weeks ago when both games were released that they'd just put the season passes on sale again anyways before the second episode would be released, like they did with Wolf Among Us. Appears I was right about that one, though to be fair 15% off is less horrible to swallow as a day one buyer than 50% off.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • LockieLockie329,813
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 10:31Permalink
    Almost bought Tomb Raider the other day for a higher price than that, so picked up that and GoT for XB1.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Posted on 24 December 14 at 10:54Permalink
    Free Bruce Lees! I'll take it!!

Accidentally downloaded the Tales from the Borderlands SP, even after reading about the glitch lol facepalm
  • AdecoolAdecool74,506
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 11:11Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Adecool said:did anyone else notice how bishock infinite was frikin £3 on games on demand on the 23rd. I think it was a mistake, damn i was really lucky to catch it on time.It was that price the whole of last week:
    XBL Sale Roundup: December 16th, 2014
    oh. man, i thought i was the chosen one. cry
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant481,915
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 12:18, Edited on 24 December 14 at 12:19 by LuckyKantPermalink
    BraveZach said:Oh no... stop.. your judgement of me based on the games I enjoy enough to complete is really having an impact on my life... and I'm not afraid to play MP3, I am just relieved that I don't have another game on my tag that I didn't enjoy playing. Sue me.Have you actually played the game or are you jumping on the bandwagon? I gave it 5 stars.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Hoodoo VHoodoo V223,117 223,117 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 13:40Permalink
    I got the AC4 season pass for free (don't think it's part of a sale but I'm not sure)
    On the highway to the Denger Zone.
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,532,432
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 13:59Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:BraveZach said:j wizite said:South Park OG said:Another Rockstar sale? The fuck?

But Max Payne 3 is great for that price. Very easy completion!
    May Payne 3 is one of the hardest games to complete on the 360. Only .54% of gamers have completed it
    He is trying to say it was easy for him. Which somehow in his mind, makes him better than the rest who had a hard time. To this day I'm still glad I never got an achievement on that game
    Missing out on a great game. Just play it on normal and don't worry about NYM & NYMHC.
    That's what I did. It's a fantastic story and perhaps one of the best games I've ever played. I'll eventually give it a proper go and complete the game, but there's just too many games where I just want to get through the main story and move on to the next.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 December 14 at 16:41Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:BraveZach said:Oh no... stop.. your judgement of me based on the games I enjoy enough to complete is really having an impact on my life... and I'm not afraid to play MP3, I am just relieved that I don't have another game on my tag that I didn't enjoy playing. Sue me.Have you actually played the game or are you jumping on the bandwagon? I gave it 5 stars.Yeah Lucky, I did play it. Day one actually. I remember getting through the stadium level and I just wasn't enjoying myself so I stopped playing. I'm glad I didn't pop an achievement because I don't want another game on my tag I'm not enjoying. I only complete a game if I can have fun doing it. I do have a few hard completions under my belt so it's not like I only go for easy games. Life is too short to not enjoy your hobby, you know?
  • Posted on 24 December 14 at 16:50, Edited on 24 December 14 at 16:57 by DOOM The ReturnPermalink
    BraveZach said:LuckyConquerer2 said:BraveZach said:Oh no... stop.. your judgement of me based on the games I enjoy enough to complete is really having an impact on my life... and I'm not afraid to play MP3, I am just relieved that I don't have another game on my tag that I didn't enjoy playing. Sue me.Have you actually played the game or are you jumping on the bandwagon? I gave it 5 stars.Yeah Lucky, I did play it. Day one actually. I remember getting through the stadium level and I just wasn't enjoying myself so I stopped playing. I'm glad I didn't pop an achievement because I don't want another game on my tag I'm not enjoying. I only complete a game if I can have fun doing it. I do have a few hard completions under my belt so it's not like I only go for easy games. Life is too short to not enjoy your hobby, you know?Don't worry. You're not the only one who didn't think it was hot shit. Some people just have a hard time believing and respecting that not everyone enjoys the same games.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 December 14 at 19:28Permalink
    Thanks Doom I appreciate you saying that.
  • Posted on 24 December 14 at 19:48Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:BraveZach said:LuckyConquerer2 said:BraveZach said:Oh no... stop.. your judgement of me based on the games I enjoy enough to complete is really having an impact on my life... and I'm not afraid to play MP3, I am just relieved that I don't have another game on my tag that I didn't enjoy playing. Sue me.Have you actually played the game or are you jumping on the bandwagon? I gave it 5 stars.Yeah Lucky, I did play it. Day one actually. I remember getting through the stadium level and I just wasn't enjoying myself so I stopped playing. I'm glad I didn't pop an achievement because I don't want another game on my tag I'm not enjoying. I only complete a game if I can have fun doing it. I do have a few hard completions under my belt so it's not like I only go for easy games. Life is too short to not enjoy your hobby, you know?Don't worry. You're not the only one who didn't think it was hot shit. Some people just have a hard time believing and respecting that not everyone enjoys the same games.+1
  • Sweeting21Sweeting2138,985
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 20:15Permalink
    Sorry but I have to ask the obligatory 'Will I like GoT if I haven't watched/read it?' - I'm a big Telltale fan and for £2 it's hard to resist pulling the trigger.
  • gobey17gobey17749,528
    Posted on 24 December 14 at 20:38Permalink
    Bought The Raven episodes and TWAU, which I think are the first things I've bought so far from these sales.

Got Max Payne sometime last year at the same price for a disc copy, and the season pass months ago. Yet I haven't brought myself to play it yet (partially because I would love to play a HD port of 1 & 2 beforehand, however unrealistic). Maybe sometime next year I might take the plunge, though the difficulty is kinda daunting and I'm not a fan at all of grinding in MP. :/
  • LebrohnskiLebrohnski72,412
    Posted on 25 December 14 at 00:37Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:Don't worry. You're not the only one who didn't think it was hot shit. Some people just have a hard time believing and respecting that not everyone enjoys the same games.Yet you gave the game 4 stars & barely got through the story. Also, you've missed the point about how people are afraid of putting certain games on their Gamertag even though they own it. No wonder enjoying a hobby is difficult for people if they have OCD about completion. It's not about everyone needing to like MP3.
    Any stories you may hear about me murdering civilians in ACIII MP are completely unsubstantiated.
  • Posted on 25 December 14 at 01:01Permalink
    Lebrohnski said:DOOM The Return said:Don't worry. You're not the only one who didn't think it was hot shit. Some people just have a hard time believing and respecting that not everyone enjoys the same games.Yet you gave the game 4 stars & barely got through the story. Also, you've missed the point about how people are afraid of putting certain games on their Gamertag even though they own it. No wonder enjoying a hobby is difficult for people if they have OCD about completion. It's not about everyone needing to like MP3.Obviously the rating was an error on my part. Fixed. It also doesn't matter how far I got in the story. The story was uninteresting to me from the get go. I know what I like and don't like. I didn't care about the other point. I would have addressed it otherwise.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Posted on 26 December 14 at 00:07Permalink
    Really wish I could buy a few of these. Maybe one day when I have time I will just get one whenever. It will be way more expensive though.
  • liviaroliviaro375,417
    Posted on 26 December 14 at 01:06, Edited on 26 December 14 at 01:10 by liviaroPermalink
    The Game of Thrones season pass is 32% off in Sweden :D

ArCx M4 Carbine said:I got the AC4 season pass for free (don't think it's part of a sale but I'm not sure)If you owned the Season pass on 360 you get it for free on the X1
  • l BlackBrian7 ll BlackBrian7 l1,139,271
    Posted on 29 December 14 at 05:46Permalink
    It really pisses me off that the currency conversion doesn't match up with any deals.

COD:AW is €52.49 or $44.99. If you convert $44.99 to euro its €36.80.

The US always has the best prices while the rest of us get shafted. Really annoys me. And I know that the publishers pick the prices (apparently) but its still a load of crap!
  • RMcAvoyRMcAvoy409,811
    Posted on 29 December 14 at 15:48Permalink
    I bought the Telltale Collection for the Xbone but it Seems that the Borderlands Season Pass (which should be within the collection) is not linked to the "Buy"-Button and missing in the download queue ... cry

It would be great if someone can confirm this is problem in general or how i can solve this Problem.

btw: the Game of Thrones Season Pass was linked & downloaded ...
  • RMcAvoyRMcAvoy409,811
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.