Game Info Submission Archive: Gears of War Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Gears of War - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Gears of War

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 26 March 14 at 06:30, Edited on 26 May 14 at 23:45 by WebChimp UK
https://www.trueachievements.com/matdan12.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears of War:

matdan12 said:
Gears of WarCompleted Act 5 on InsaneThe Completed Act 5 on Insane achievement in Gears of War worth 57 pointsComplete Act 5 on Insane Difficulty

- Multiple Playthoughs - Can be done on first co-op run through.
+ Main Storyline.

Gears of WarCommandoThe Commando achievement in Gears of War worth 58 pointsComplete all acts on Insane Difficulty

+ Main Storyline.

Gears of WarCompleted Act 4 on InsaneThe Completed Act 4 on Insane achievement in Gears of War worth 56 pointsComplete Act 4 on Insane Difficulty

+ Main Storyline.

Gears of WarCompleted Act 3 on InsaneThe Completed Act 3 on Insane achievement in Gears of War worth 54 pointsComplete Act 3 on Insane Difficulty

+ Main Storyline.

Gears of WarCompleted Act 2 on InsaneThe Completed Act 2 on Insane achievement in Gears of War worth 52 pointsComplete Act 2 on Insane Difficulty

+ Main Storyline.

Gears of WarCompleted Act 1 on InsaneThe Completed Act 1 on Insane achievement in Gears of War worth 50 pointsComplete Act 1 on Insane Difficulty

+ Main Storyline.

MuddyAmoeba
MuddyAmoeba
Posted on 05 May 14 at 04:43
Thanks https://www.trueachievements.com/matdan12.htm

Discussing this now. Will have a decision shortly.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 06 May 14 at 07:45
You are required to find someone who has unlocked the difficulty and is willing to play through the game with you. I think this is a quite strong condition and marking these Main Storyline is really taking a dump on the definition as it was originally designed; conveying the meaning that you will get the achievement, no matter what, when completing your first playthrough. Removal of MPR seems fair though.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 May 14 at 08:15
Epsilon Theta said:
You are required to find someone who has unlocked the difficulty and is willing to play through the game with you. I think this is a quite strong condition and marking these Main Storyline is really taking a dump on the definition as it was originally designed; conveying the meaning that you will get the achievement, no matter what, when completing your first playthrough. Removal of MPR seems fair though.
Having you being paying attention? Co-op achievements can be labelled main storyline now.

This would not be the first time they have flagged something on the basis you can do it in one shot. As you can with a co-op partner then it will not take multiple-playthroughs regardless of how hard it is to find a co-op partner (That would like flagging all online achievements time consuming purely because you cannot find fellow boosters). Flags have never been flagged on the difficulty to find people.

It is also no longer how it originally was please add the thread Musquito pointed to and use that to keep up to date with new synergies. And see for yourself that your definition is completely out of date with the new synergies since added.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 06 May 14 at 11:33, Edited on 06 May 14 at 11:34 by Epsilon Theta
Yes I have. But this is not a Coop achievement, it requires that your Coop partner already completed the game. I agree with all your assessments. I am keeping up with all synergies.

What I am contesting is whether the addition of Main Storyline to an achievements where you are required to go out of your way makes any sense. At the beginning it was straight forward. Then the team added the Difficulty Specific clause. Then they added the Coop clause. While I am not happy about either, I understand both. But here it is not a matter of choosing the right difficulty or the right game mode when you start the game, you have to find a partner meeting certain criteria and, for me most importantly, he has to already have completed the game. So you can't get this on the first playthrough, maybe yours, but not the other person's.

Also, it seems that by the ruling in Charlie Murder - Achievement Flag submissions, MPR would remain!
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 May 14 at 11:40
Epsilon Theta said:
Yes I have. But this is not a Coop achievement, it requires that your Coop partner already completed the game. I agree with all your assessments. I am keeping up with all synergies.
But it can be done in co-op so it falls under that as well and seeing as you can do it co-op your point is mute.

Epsilon Theta said:
What I am contesting is whether the addition of Main Storyline to an achievements where you are required to go out of your way makes any sense. At the beginning it was straight forward. Then the team added the Difficulty Specific clause. Then they added the Coop clause. While I am not happy about either, I understand both. But here it is not a matter of choosing the right difficulty or the right game mode when you start the game, you have to find a partner meeting certain criteria and, for me most importantly, he has to already have completed the game. So you can't get this on the first playthrough, maybe yours, but not the other person's.
That is irrelevant as there is a co-op - tag as well. So yes you can do it on your first run. As for the rest I already explained all that. (At least do me the favor of pointing to a time where the team actually flagged a game based on player finding difficulty)
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 06 May 14 at 16:23
I am not saying it shouldn't be Coop but that it shouldn't be Main Storyline. What do you mean by "on player finding difficulty"?
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 May 14 at 16:27
Epsilon Theta said:
I am not saying it shouldn't be Coop but that it shouldn't be Main Storyline. What do you mean by "on player finding difficulty"?
Your whole flawed argument is based on the fact that one cannot find someone that has unlocked insane difficulty.
MuddyAmoeba
MuddyAmoeba
Posted on 26 May 14 at 22:57
Thanks https://www.trueachievements.com/matdan12.htm

We've discussed the whole coop scenario , but at this stage won't be adding Main Story Line. We needed some way of conveying to the user that these achievements under most circumstances will require multiple playthroughs. We are looking into alternative methods to indicate to users that it is possible to get these achievements using a 'shortcut' or quicker method than what is originally required.
Information Posted on 26 May 14 at 23:45
This post was archived by WebChimp UK
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 27 May 14 at 06:40
How about adding Buggy+ to achievements where players can use short-cuts by, for example, benefiting from the save games or progress of other players?
Information Posted on 13 March 15 at 21:05
https://www.trueachievements.com/Dominator+Dale.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears of War:

Dominator Dale said:
Gears of WarCompleted Act 1 on CasualThe Completed Act 1 on Casual achievement in Gears of War worth 11 pointsComplete Act 1 on Casual Difficulty

I have just completed Act 1 and nothing unlocked for me. When I go back to the menu it shows I've completed the Act, but I have no achievement. (Buggy)

itz waz me
itz waz me
Posted on 20 March 15 at 23:15, Edited on 20 March 15 at 23:25 by WebChimp UK
TrueAchievement said:
https://www.trueachievements.com/Dominator+Dale.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears of War:

Dominator Dale said:
Gears of WarCompleted Act 1 on CasualThe Completed Act 1 on Casual achievement in Gears of War worth 11 pointsComplete Act 1 on Casual Difficulty

I have just completed Act 1 and nothing unlocked for me. When I go back to the menu it shows I've completed the Act, but I have no achievement. (Buggy)

Hello and thanks for the submission! We have taken a look at your submission and we can't find any information that the Achievement is buggy. Could you please confirm that every chapter in Act 1 is completed, there are a total of 8 chapters in Act 1 and all of them have to be completed in order to unlock the achievement.

Here's a quick picture of all the chapters in act 1: http://i.imgur.com/FHNHf6u.jpg are all those marked as completed for you?

Thanks again, we appreciate your submission!toast
Comrade General - #28 in the World in Action sack #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach(HaloTracker.com)
TalentedGamer88
Posted on 21 March 15 at 12:35
^ The achievement is not buggy. I have just unlocked it myself. Id suggest running through it again.
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 24 March 15 at 21:58
Just because something didn't glitch on you doesn't mean it's not glitchy. Don't be that guy.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 25 March 15 at 08:36
I had a similar issue. I needed to complete the Act going through both routes in the tutorial. Maybe that will solve your problem.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 25 March 15 at 11:34
Epsilon Theta said:I had a similar issue. I needed to complete the Act going through both routes in the tutorial. Maybe that will solve your problem.Indeed it should.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
TalentedGamer88
Posted on 25 March 15 at 22:52
It is not glitchy whatsoever.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 26 March 15 at 11:05
Well if the requirement to play both tutorial options is indeed true then that makes it a requirement that is well hidden and the achievement does not unlock as expected which makes it, by the site's flag description, Buggy-.

You may not agree but that is how the flags are defined.
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 26 March 15 at 12:36
It's been a while since I played Gears but is one of the tutorial options not in effect skipping the tutorial. A straight to action type of thing.

Just wondering if that was the option people chose when the achievement didn't unlock.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.