The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 13th, 2015

• MakkeMakke522,688
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 16:18
    Bad sales as usual.
  • Crispy385Crispy385118,637
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 17:06
    Never did get Dead Rising. Can't go wrong with $5.
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 17:37
    Picked up Minerva's Den and Remember Me. Only cost me $7.48 using a Bing Rewards code. Prepaid codes carry the additional benefit of not charging you tax on a credit card transaction, even if only a single penny from your balance is applied.

Duke Nukem Forever was a game I actually enjoyed. It's one of those that got a shitty rep at some point and everyone simply parrots bullshit instead of ever giving the game a chance.

Speaking of shitty multiplayer, save your money on The Darkness and buy the sequel instead. One of the few franchises where the sequel improves literally everything about the game and the IP instead of fucking it up, as is usually the case.

As a fan of Borderlands and someone who has played the Pre-Sequel to achievement completion already, I don't think $30 is worth it. Wait for $20 at least.

Spec Ops is one of my top 5 video game story lines, and for $7.50 it's absolutely worth the play if you haven't tried it already.

Mafia 2 is thoroughly meh, but the entire game and its DLC for $15 isn't a bad deal.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • T r a s k xT r a s k x1,692,238
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 18:44
    Spec ops is a very underrated game but go into any decent games shop and you pick it up for less than £5 without the need for a sale.
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 19:12
    Guess ill finally snag puzzle fighter since I've avoided it every other time it was on sale, ill probably scoop up Remember Me since every on seems to speak well of it
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57870,834
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 19:56, Edited on 14 January 15 at 20:09 by OlivierL57
    Mobius Evalon said:Speaking of shitty multiplayer, save your money on The Darkness and buy the sequel instead. One of the few franchises where the sequel improves literally everything about the game and the IP instead of fucking it up, as is usually the case.To each his own, but I was very disappointed by the story of Darkness II (not to mention the " good ending", one of the worst I have ever seen). It doesn't have the unique and intriguing atmosphere of the first one, and was also way too short. I agree that the gameplay is much better in TD2 though, and that the MP in TD1 was unnecessary to say the least.
  • Harvy75Harvy75113,133
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 20:43
    TO CORRECT:

XBLA Games
    Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix* Arcade 60% ...
    WITHOUT SUPER !
    One of the Lost Ones
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 January 15 at 22:34
    Is the Bioshock Infinite DLC worth that price? (considering I could grab 2 full games for the price of both)
    www.breakingboundaries.org.nz
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,681,549
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 22:38
    Harvy75 said:TO CORRECT:

XBLA Games
    Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix* Arcade 60% ...
    WITHOUT SUPER !
    That's the official name of the game on the site. If you think it should be changed, suggest a change by clicking on the Game > Submit Game Information drop-down under the game's pic on its page.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic510,555
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 23:34, Edited on 14 January 15 at 23:39 by Rhyolitic
    Inked Ivy said:Is the Bioshock Infinite DLC worth that price? (considering I could grab 2 full games for the price of both)Burial at Sea is one of the best DLC pieces out there, IMO.
  • NickCremonezNickCremonez513,302 513,302 GamerScore
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 01:20
    Is The Darkness worth it?
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 01:51
    Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I went on the xbox site and most of the games listed for sale don't appear at all. The ones that do appear, aren't at the sale price. I will try again later, hopefully it's just temporary.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 02:22, Edited on 15 January 15 at 02:31 by HolyHalfDead
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection is currently 25% off for everyone, but is not mentioned on Major Nelson's blog.

WWE 2K15 Digital Deluxe Edition is on sale for everyone, not just those with Gold.

FIFA 15 (Xbox 360) isn't mentioned on Major Nelson's blog and was reduced by 50% four days before the start of the sale so may not be part of this sale.

DarkSquall1 said:Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I went on the xbox site and most of the games listed for sale don't appear at all. The ones that do appear, aren't at the sale price. I will try again later, hopefully it's just temporary.It's been like this for a while, although I have only noticed it for Xbox 360 and not Xbox One content. Not sure if it is part of the current XBL issues.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • fnoriegacfnoriegac114,651
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 02:52
    I'm trying to purchase on the Mexico xbox site store, but some titles are missing, the enemy whitin and the bioshock infinity dlcs, does any one else have this problem??
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,432,880
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 10:02
    Mannschaft570 said:Mobius Evalon said:Speaking of shitty multiplayer, save your money on The Darkness and buy the sequel instead. One of the few franchises where the sequel improves literally everything about the game and the IP instead of fucking it up, as is usually the case.To each his own, but I was very disappointed by the story of Darkness II (not to mention the " good ending", one of the worst I have ever seen). It doesn't have the unique and intriguing atmosphere of the first one, and was also way too short. I agree that the gameplay is much better in TD2 though, and that the MP in TD1 was unnecessary to say the least.I played both Darkness titles back to back and I didn't find any redeeming qualities about the first as compared to the second.

Both games were lackluster in terms of story, atmosphere, level design, and so forth, but the second one improves basically every gameplay mechanic except where you get black holes from (because that whole random spawn thing in place of hearts was really stupid.) The ending of 2 is a matter of opinion I suppose, but I always give extra points to a game that goes with an ending where everything isn't all lollipops and rainbows because it's so rare. I was really hoping that
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    but we can't always have everything.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 January 15 at 20:50
    The Borderlands 2 stuff is really messed up. All I can see on Xbox.com is the game itself. On my 360 when I go to the store I see the DLC listed but get an error when I click on one and nothing when I click on "See All."
    HaxAras
  • Mr AlmondMr Almond377,299
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 21:05
    HaxAras x Royal said:The Borderlands 2 stuff is really messed up. All I can see on Xbox.com is the game itself. On my 360 when I go to the store I see the DLC listed but get an error when I click on one and nothing when I click on "See All."Same issue with a lot of the stuff. Either the price is displayed as -1 or I get a "there's an issue with the marketplace" type error. Linking to the fill game comes back with "nothing found". Xbox.com seems messed up too but there is a known service issue with purchases.
  • Draco719Draco7191,312,672
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 21:11
    Anyone else notice Duke Nukem Forever is no longer on xbox.com?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,681,549
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 21:57
    Draco719 said:Anyone else notice Duke Nukem Forever is no longer on xbox.com?They're having a lot of trouble at the moment with things going unavailable:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.