Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Leap Frog Week Four Update

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 14 May 15 at 20:17
An in-depth look at the fourth week of Leap Frog

Please click here to read the story: Leap Frog Week Four Update
kipfizh
kipfizh
Posted on 14 May 15 at 20:29
Incredible that over 100 are still going, getting ten achievements in any day is hard for me, let alone increasing every day beyond that.

Think I predicted before that the winner would be reached around day 40 but that is starting to look an underestimation.
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 14 May 15 at 20:30
Very impressive, fellow TA'ers. Much respect.

Makes me want to quit my job and move in my mom's basement so I compete thoroughly next year.

Rollus Tidus
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 14 May 15 at 20:38
I've been enjoying it, but this weekend will be make or break for me...just too much going on.

I really think Extra Life should do something like this in the future. It would be much more gratifying to commit to a certain number of days and raise money for worthy causes. Popping achvs on one particular day just doesn't require effort (IMO), but some of these LeapFrog days have been a real challenge. Imagine if the rules were that YOU had to pay a penalty if you croaked earlier than your commitment!!
Look at me so I can finish!
AndroidOdnetnin
Posted on 14 May 15 at 20:44
AndroidOdnetnin - Missed 1 ... Damn you KOF! Screwing up on the site!
----Psymon Adjani
Parallax Demon
Posted on 14 May 15 at 21:11
Congrats to all who are still in the competition! Dropped out on day 22 because my only savior would have been Goat Simulator, and I simply don't want to play that game.

Wonder if the competition will take the participants over 50 achs a day.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 14 May 15 at 21:27
This competition is going to at least 70.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 14 May 15 at 21:38
I cant believe its still going. Kudos to the people still left in, I croaked ages ago toast
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 14 May 15 at 22:34
To me it doesn't even start till Day 40...handydarkness said we are taking it past 100 days...I guess nice work to everyone that just entered for fun. Anytime I enter a contest I actually try to win since you know that's kind of the point of a contest...
lucas1987
lucas1987
Posted on 14 May 15 at 23:30
nice job jessie for exact achievements so far!
Castalyca
Castalyca
Posted on 15 May 15 at 00:19, Edited on 15 May 15 at 00:22 by Castalyca
It was a great run. Congrats to everyone who made it past 30. I'm not sure what happened, but I croaked out tonight, despite having earned the required number of achievements online. I wanted to make it to Top 50, but I guess I'll wait for next year!

Correction: I know what happened. I played Fruit Ninja on Windows 8. Who knew it didn't apply timestamps? That sucks.
ROBBERT DHT
ROBBERT DHT
Posted on 15 May 15 at 09:01
The period I got 1 too much was on purpose. Since I did unlock one too much at the end of a period but it scanned in the next. Felt like I had to earn the exact requirement in the same period and not use one unlocked from the day before.

Some autoscan for all participants at the final hour of each day would make it more fair now. We're at just over 100 now so it shouldn't ask that much of the scanners. But that's just my opinion. Lasting a month is something to be proud of already anyway.
oO KwaX Oo
oO KwaX Oo
Posted on 15 May 15 at 10:18
Leap Frog Contest Hub: The winner will win one year of TrueAchievements Pro for every day they survive in the contest.Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All Twenty-eight Periods:

Timww572 - Exact
Chad and Jessie - Exact
The last one to earn the exact number of achievements should get one year of TA Pro for every complete week they managed to do it even if they don't win the contest! toast
ROBBERT DHT
ROBBERT DHT
Posted on 15 May 15 at 13:06
oO KwaX Oo said:Leap Frog Contest Hub: The winner will win one year of TrueAchievements Pro for every day they survive in the contest.Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All Twenty-eight Periods:

Timww572 - Exact
Chad and Jessie - Exact
The last one to earn the exact number of achievements should get one year of TA Pro for every complete week they managed to do it even if they don't win the contest! toast
Well Chad and Jessie croaked this week. Timwww572 is still in. And I was at 30 today and unlocked a double achievement by accident. 2nd day with 1 too many now :(
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 15 May 15 at 14:10
Congrats to all those still going strong! Really curious to see how long they can take this.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 15 May 15 at 14:44, Edited on 15 May 15 at 14:44 by planting42
Mr Granstaff said:Very impressive, fellow TA'ers. Much respect.

Makes me want to quit my job and move in my mom's basement so I compete thoroughly next year.

I want to quit my job but my mom's basement is rather musty. I'm pretty sure no one wants to live there. I do want to live in my mom's attic however as it should be much less dank and smell quite a bit better.

Kudos froggies!
http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm
Parallax Demon
Posted on 15 May 15 at 21:36
Oriole2682 said:To me it doesn't even start till Day 40...handydarkness said we are taking it past 100 days...I guess nice work to everyone that just entered for fun. Anytime I enter a contest I actually try to win since you know that's kind of the point of a contest...Ask TA if it's possible to start next years Leap Frog with 40 achs won on day one. And while you're at it; ask the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB/Fifa/Uefa and the Olympic Committee to start with only those who really could win the competition.
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 16 May 15 at 00:24, Edited on 16 May 15 at 00:25 by Oriole2682
Its fine starting at day one but in all those leagues you listed everyone is an elite professional at the top of their game trying their best to win...I did realize after I posted that there is a community event participation badge so that's why many people joined.
I just figured I'd post my opinion before someone posted some nonsense about how the winner of this contest is a loser who has no life. I'd rather live my life doing something I enjoy rather than what everyone else believes is the proper way to live my own life.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 16 May 15 at 00:37
I'd say we're pretty much all elite professionals by virtue of caring.
lfcjohn
lfcjohn
Posted on 17 May 15 at 10:45
Used up Fallout 3 PC today and need to find more easy game to keep for as long as I can! Congra to all still in for top 100
You'll never play alone
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.