The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 26th, 2014

  • WickedDeathWickedDeath509,457
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 14:50
    Some good stuff in this sale..... I may have to put some more money into my account finally.

    Mafia II is a given, thinking about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts because I never finished it, State of Decay DLC , and the walking dead season pass though I bought the first episode when it came out.

    The Spec ops and star Trek are still a bit high though for being 85% and 75% off. The Dishonored DLC I'll wait on as it's still a tad high also but it's nice to see it in there since the game is free this month.

    Next week sale is Call of Duty Ghosts LOL
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82456,984
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 15:14
    CHIGGUMS said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:How hard are the Dunwall City Trials? Mile High Club difficult, Halo solo legendary, or worse?Let's see... how can I put this analogy mildly? If Seriously 1.0 can be compared to a long-term, abusive relationship, and Mile High Club can be compared to a psycho one-night-stand, then Dunwall City Trials would be a violent rapist who repeat offends as soon as you give him parole.

    ... to put it mildly.
    shock
    I love this.
  • Posted on 27 August 14 at 15:27
    The Wolf Among Us, gotcha!
  • Posted on 27 August 14 at 16:26
    CHIGGUMS said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:How hard are the Dunwall City Trials? Mile High Club difficult, Halo solo legendary, or worse?Let's see... how can I put this analogy mildly? If Seriously 1.0 can be compared to a long-term, abusive relationship, and Mile High Club can be compared to a psycho one-night-stand, then Dunwall City Trials would be a violent rapist who repeat offends as soon as you give him parole.

    ... to put it mildly.
    Greatest video game analogy ever!

    I tip my hat to you, sir.
  • Edward HyenaEdward Hyena467,747
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 16:43
    Technically, Sabrewulf is DLC with achievements. If you don't already own all the fighters, there are a whole slew of Sabrewulf only achievements.
  • WebManWebMan929,787
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 16:58
    For Far Cry 3, is a Uplay Passport required?

    I read that the passports were being eliminated for new titles but I don't know if this impacts the older titles. FC3 has 6 co-op achievements that I would like to play online.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339493,094
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 17:02
    That Bioshock Infinite sale price is a little weak, but I'll probably still pick it up.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,169,850
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 17:24
    WebMan99 said:For Far Cry 3, is a Uplay Passport required?

    I read that the passports were being eliminated for new titles but I don't know if this impacts the older titles. FC3 has 6 co-op achievements that I would like to play online.
    I don't know if it is required or not (now), but you CAN play the coop without the passport. I think it limited how high a level you could progress or something like that, but I know I had the game from GameFly and did all the coop with a friend and I never bought the passport.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Posted on 27 August 14 at 18:05
    Me and some friends have really gotten into fighting games ever since Street Fighter was free on GwG. Would anyone recommend Soulcalibur for us to try?
  • Posted on 27 August 14 at 18:57
    Every time these deals pop up, I expect that they'll be Games for Gold items within the next few months. I've been tricked into buying about 5 games early so far. Never again laugh
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash411,340
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 19:15, Edited on 27 August 14 at 19:16 by WhyattThrash
    ScuzzyBunny said:WebMan99 said:For Far Cry 3, is a Uplay Passport required?

    I read that the passports were being eliminated for new titles but I don't know if this impacts the older titles. FC3 has 6 co-op achievements that I would like to play online.
    I don't know if it is required or not (now), but you CAN play the coop without the passport. I think it limited how high a level you could progress or something like that, but I know I had the game from GameFly and did all the coop with a friend and I never bought the passport.
    You can get the Far Cry 3 cheevos through local co-op too, just so you know!
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie716,012
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 19:35, Edited on 27 August 14 at 19:37 by PuckJunkie
    Tanelorn82 said:CHIGGUMS said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:How hard are the Dunwall City Trials? Mile High Club difficult, Halo solo legendary, or worse?Let's see... how can I put this analogy mildly? If Seriously 1.0 can be compared to a long-term, abusive relationship, and Mile High Club can be compared to a psycho one-night-stand, then Dunwall City Trials would be a violent rapist who repeat offends as soon as you give him parole.

    ... to put it mildly.
    shock
    I love this.
    +1. Mile High Club was difficult, yes. Halo solo legendary, hard but fun.

    Dunwall City Trials isn't even in the same category. I have Mile High Club, I have finished Halo solo legendary (in the games that have achievements for it), and I have given far more attention to Dunwall City Trials than to those things combined. I have 6 of ten achievements in DCT, and don't believe I'll be getting any more. I'll certainly never manage Void Star. This DLC belongs in a category with, for instance, Mirror's Edge time trials.


    WhyattThrash said:ScuzzyBunny said:WebMan99 said:For Far Cry 3, is a Uplay Passport required?

    I read that the passports were being eliminated for new titles but I don't know if this impacts the older titles. FC3 has 6 co-op achievements that I would like to play online.
    I don't know if it is required or not (now), but you CAN play the coop without the passport. I think it limited how high a level you could progress or something like that, but I know I had the game from GameFly and did all the coop with a friend and I never bought the passport.
    You can get the Far Cry 3 cheevos through local co-op too, just so you know!
    The Games on Demand version has the passport included, FWIW.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,153,738
    Posted on 27 August 14 at 21:35
    Need for Speed Rivals on the One has been added to the sale, 50% discount.
  • Jakben14Jakben14809,998
    Posted on 28 August 14 at 00:13
    I really wanted to get the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass when it went on sale, but for only $3 off?!?! No way, if it were AT LEAST $5 off then I would buy it but not for $3 off, especially when not too long ago steam offered the season pass for 50% off. Looks like I'll have to wait even more longer 'til it hopefully goes on sale again. OT: May probably pick up State of Decay DLC, Lego Lord of the Rings and Spec Ops for those prices.
  • pg88pg8867,685
    Posted on 28 August 14 at 00:34, Edited on 28 August 14 at 00:36 by pg88
    Fallout 3& New Vegas and Left 4 Dead are censored, and Dead Island is not even listed cause it's indexed over here headspin
  • Posted on 28 August 14 at 01:35
    CHIGGUMS said:Tanelorn82 said:How hard is Clash in the cloud ? Compared to ... let's say Dunwall city trials ?I would say Clash is easier than Dunwall Trials, seeing as the achievements in Clash are more based on "skill", whereas several achievements in Dunwall Trials rely entirely on an (awful) random number generator to unlock.. redfaceRNGesus is always a bastard.

    Nice to see BioShock Infinite season pass up there but I think I'll wait a little longer for it to go down to around $10.
    Each One Teach One
  • Posted on 28 August 14 at 03:36
    Lajewche said:Absolutely nothing of interest to me.wow, no one cares
    are you peaking in the red?
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 28 August 14 at 05:55
    So...

    Shadow Complex or Mafia II or Lego LOTR?
  • Posted on 28 August 14 at 06:12
    matdan12 said:So...

    Shadow Complex or Mafia II or Lego LOTR?
    I know nothing about the other two but Shadow Complex is still one of my favorite 360 games. The story isn't that great but the gameplay makes up for any shortcomings imo.
    Each One Teach One
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash411,340
    Posted on 28 August 14 at 12:39
    matdan12 said:So...

    Shadow Complex or Mafia II or Lego LOTR?
    Have only played the first two but Shadow Complex all the way. Mafia II has a good story, but not much else. There's nothing much to do except drive to point A, get some story. Drive to point B, shoot these guys. And repeat.

    If you've played Super Metroid on the SNES, Shadow Complex has taken that concept and developed on it successfully.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.