Game Discussion: Sunset Overdrive Forum

Collectible Achievement Glitch

AuthorMessage
ELEMENT5 x261x
Posted on 15 January 15 at 16:15
Hey everybody, I'm looking for some advice on this one...

I'm 99% sure that my Hot Air and Intel achievements are glitched and am curious if anyone else has had the same issue. I've unlocked every other achievement in the game. On the menu the game shows I have 40/40 phones, and I also saw the collectible counter register 150/150 when I got my last Fizzco Balloon. But, my achievement app is showing Intel still locked at 97% progress, and Hot Air still says locked at 99%.

I've been online for a few days now hoping they would eventually pop. When this happened to me before with different achievements, the achievement app did say Unlocking and they all came up eventually. For these two, my app does not say they are unlocking.

I've tried multiple hard resets, uninstalling and re-installing the game, and deleting my game save and re-syncing from the cloud.

At some point throughout the campaign, I also noticed that the collectible counter started acting up. For example, instead of saying something like 39/150 and then 40/150, it would say 39/5, 40/5, 41/5, etc. Then it would go back to normal for a few missions, then randomly go back to different variations of counting wrong.

I made a post on the Insomniac game forums and I think they are misunderstanding the issue, saying that it should eventually unlock. It's been over a week since I finished both achievements in game. I don't want to start over from the beginning... I'd like to keep my character where they're at for the next dlc. I'd appreciate any input, and I'm wondering how to recommend an achievement as being a little bit buggy? Thanks!!!
nomuno
nomuno
Posted on 15 January 15 at 23:39
From the way it sounds, you may have to make a new character.

If you can't find any Fizzie Balloons or phones on your map (assuming you bought all the maps), then that may be best. You could try visiting all of the phone locations and seeing if they're just not showing on the map. If the phones aren't, it's likely the balloons aren't as well.
http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/S....jpg
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

If that just doesn't seem like the problem, then try at least saving your game data to an external device or the cloud. This way, you can still recover your previous data after you find all the collectibles.

But wait, there's more: Before submitting yourself to the game, talk to Floyd about amps. It should show you how much of each collectible you have. If you have any Fizzie balloons leftover after purchasing every amp, then there are still some out there not being shown.
http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/f....jpg

Hope I could help smile
ELEMENT5 x261x
Posted on 16 January 15 at 00:33, Edited on 16 January 15 at 15:38 by ELEMENT5 x261x
Thanks xFIREL0RDx,

The idea about putting my save somewhere else and starting a new character is great, I didn't think of that.

Here's what's weird and the other part I can't figure out: When I talk to Floyd it says all the amps are sold out, I've bought them all. But I still have 50 unspent Fizzie balloons in my inventory. I've completed every mission and every challenge in the game. I looked up every amp available in the game, and the amps you buy with Fizzie balloons are Stun Rounds (2), Shock Therapy, Bloom, Twist of Fate, and Spread the Love which cost a total of 130 balloons... so I should only have 20 left in my inventory. I'm so confused headspin

Man, I'm just bummed because I FINALLY broke down and bought Xbox One, this is my first game for it and I was super pumped to 100% it. Because of course, I'm completely obsessed with achievements hahahaha. Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.
nomuno
nomuno
Posted on 16 January 15 at 02:09
Glad I could help in some degree.
Deansi
Deansi
Posted on 16 January 15 at 07:06
I had the same issue with the Overcharge signs. Got all 150 but the progress bar in the achievements is still just sat at about 75%. Been like this for 4 days now! Garrrrrrrr!
Deansi
Deansi
Posted on 16 January 15 at 07:12
Actually cancel that, I just noticed on here I now have the achievement so it has taken about 3/4 days.. Maybe it will do the same with yours!
ELEMENT5 x261x
Posted on 16 January 15 at 15:39
That's awesome that yours popped! There's still hope for me lol. I'll update the thread if mine ever shows up.
ELEMENT5 x261x
Posted on 25 April 16 at 23:40
UPDATE:

A couple of people have messaged me on xbox live about this, so I figured I'd update this as a word of caution. After about six weeks of waiting, both of my bugged achievements still didn't pop. I talked with Insomniac Games quite a few times, and they basically didn't do anything about it/didn't believe me.

I had to restart with a new character, and go back through the entire game to get both achievements. They did pop the second time around.

My only guess is it's something to do with a combination of being online and offline throughout the game while getting collectibles. (I played offline for 2 or 3 days while moving to a new house). So whatever you do, make sure you're online when getting the collectibles!
K1LLATravis
K1LLATravis
Posted on 26 April 16 at 02:46
Ah great. Gotta play the game again fuck sake. Going to finish the dlc first though.
PunchedInTheEar
Posted on 03 May 16 at 03:31
I just wanted to share my two cents - I finished all the collectibles a couple days ago, everything unlocked perfect for me. I only got the game when it was free with games for gold so maybe all the updates to fix this have been done. Not good news I guess for anyone that had the achievement glitches but if you go thru now and get the collectibles you should be okay. :)
PunchedInTheEar
Dark Sonic X6
Dark Sonic X6
Posted on 16 December 18 at 04:55
I've got all the collectibles but the toilet papers. It's at 99% and I have to start over again for just one of them??
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.