Game Discussion: The Beatles: Rock Band

What Other "Rock Band" Title Would You Like To See?

• Posted on 11 October 09 at 17:33
    i know they came out with the ac/dc song pack, but that was really just a song pack, not so much a seperate game. the beatles: rock band is awesome, but it really leaves me a little unsatisfied.

i want more! lol

what i'm saying is, are there room for future titles that can provide the same character and emotion for other bands?

i know guitar hero has tried repeatedly (and failed, in my opinion) to match the feeling of a band. aerosmith was a let down, apart from providing difficult guitar parts for hardcore strummers, and i thought the metallica guitar hero was equally disappointing. as far as matching the feel of the band and the character they portrayed, rock band nailed it for the beatles. so will they do it again?

i'm afraid it just won't sell enough titles. i don't think it will be viewed as a flop, but i'm worried it won't give us a chance to look forward to another rock band title like this.

any thoughts?

i really would love to play Pink Floyd: Rock Band. their story does span quite a few more years than the beatles, but the dreamscapes of their music i think would not only allow some awesome visual accompaniment but be fun to play as well!
  • zigs00zigs00211,414
    Posted on 11 October 09 at 19:25
    No more band-specific games please.
    [05:24:18] halp plz: Nerds can grow bears || WARNING: this post may contain traces of sarcasm
  • Posted on 11 October 09 at 20:46
    zigs00 said:
    No more band-specific games please.
    um... thanks for the input, i guess.
  • Posted on 13 October 09 at 13:24
    I wouldnt mind it as long as the band is interesting
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,996
    Posted on 17 October 09 at 02:35
    I'd honestly like a Good Charlotte: Rock Band... But I agree with zigs, in the sense that, I'd much rather have just a Rock Band 3.
    mygamercard.net
  • Posted on 17 October 09 at 16:40
    sadly right now, with the lego rock band coming up, i'm hoping for anything new. you know, for adults. haha
  • Posted on 24 October 09 at 07:19
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    I'd honestly like a Good Charlotte: Rock Band... But I agree with zigs, in the sense that, I'd much rather have just a Rock Band 3.
    Haha, I needed a laugh, thanks :)

Floyd or Zeppelin would be phenomenal.
    Posted on 24 October 09 at 20:34
    Your welcome... Even though I'm serious.
    mygamercard.net
  • zigs00zigs00211,414
    Posted on 24 October 09 at 20:36
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    Your welcome... Even though I'm serious.
    You seriously think that a band as insignificant as Good Charlotte deserves their own game?
    [05:24:18] halp plz: Nerds can grow bears || WARNING: this post may contain traces of sarcasm
  • Posted on 25 October 09 at 08:58
    Nevermind the fact Good Charlotte is general garbage, they're about as relevant as I am to the history of music. Serious or not, surely you don't honestly believe that.
    Posted on 31 October 09 at 21:14
    I'm saying I'd like a Good Charlotte: Rock Band. I'm NOT saying that they are as deserving as many other bands. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Check out Modern Warfare 2 videos on Gametrailers.com!
  • Posted on 31 October 09 at 22:07
    rock band : freeze pop
  • Posted on 01 November 09 at 14:21
    I'd like to see a ska punk one. With bands like Goldfinger, Less than Jake, Reel big fish and the list goes on.
    http://raptr.com/DJbruce
  • MrARMBARSMrARMBARS90,735
    Posted on 01 November 09 at 20:50
    I just want more metal....

Chimaira
    Rock Band: Pantera , that would be amazing....
    Slipknot
    more lamb of god
    Soilwork
    Unearth
    etc, etc. - I just want more songs!
    http://www.facebook.com/JamesDvorakJr http://www.airandaqua.com
  • devourerplzdevourerplz224,283
    Posted on 03 November 09 at 00:58
    Iron Maiden: Rock Band
  • Posted on 03 November 09 at 03:02
    more metal would be sweet. i'd have to get an ion set for sure then. haha
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 November 09 at 03:19
    I would pay a premium for Zeppelin content for sure.

(Don't tell Harmonix!)
  • Posted on 03 November 09 at 04:47
    I don't think it would ever happen, but I would like to see a focus on Mike Patton because of the variety the game would have. It would go from stuff like Mr. Bungle, to Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, and many other projects. I liked Beatles because the band had different looks, but I don't play it often because it is sort of all the same.
  • Posted on 03 November 09 at 09:42
    the beatles are a great choice because they have a library greater than most bands, and they only recorded for about ten years.

i'm excited about the upcoming dlc; each album is a completely different emotion.

rock band: radiohead would be sweet. same idea, though. incredible change in sound and direction over the last 20 years. even though radiohead has already been around almost twice as long as the beatles were.
  • zigs00zigs00211,414
    Posted on 03 November 09 at 12:37
    yeah, but most of the songs from Kid A, Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac wouldn't be all that great to play... Not enough songs in Radiohead's catalogue that'd work in RB. some more DLC from them would be awesome though
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.