The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 7th, 2015

• capicawlcapicawl610,175
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 15:34
    TheMaize said:JMJimmy said:TheMaize said:JMJimmy said:So they're either violating Canadian labeling laws (requires the original price to be displayed) or advertising laws (advertising a discount for a price that no one currently pays) or both.No they are not.....they are not required to write the original Price, aslong as they write what the discount is, and they can prove that the titles was actually sold at the "real" Price before the sale.

Even if what you write was true..you can never get punished for writing a "before Price" that is too low...only the other way around
    They are required to, any product that you can't inspect the contents of prior to purchase has the same rules across Canada. Read up on it if you like... http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38/page-7.html?texthighlight=price#s-18. - 18.(d) to be specific.

Also, when you reduce the price that everyone pays (ie: the regular price) the 'membership discount price' is the discount between that price and the price you're paying, ie: 17% not 50%. They can dress it up in whatever marketing terms they want, it's still considered a deceptive marketing practice in this country.
    Again..they dont reduce the normal Price...its a one week sale....and its not stated anywhere that the silverdiscounted Price is the normal Price...just because you dont understand the sale, doesnt mean its illegal.....

But yeah...the discounts are correct, ALL of them..if you think you have a case, feel free to sue them.

I have done everything to explain to you how the sale Works, and if you still dont get it, i dont think you ever will...so im out of this debate...have a nice day...
    I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy494,388
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 15:51
    capicawl said:I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.The sales tactics I'm "complaining" about. The sale itself is meh. Goat Simulator was just on Steam for $2.49, Legend of Korra is currently on sale for $3.74 - not exactly the "ultimate" sale it claims to be.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • KroniKroni374,229
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 15:58
    JMJimmy said:capicawl said:I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.The sales tactics I'm "complaining" about. The sale itself is meh. Goat Simulator was just on Steam for $2.49, Legend of Korra is currently on sale for $3.74 - not exactly the "ultimate" sale it claims to be.There is nothing wrong with this "tactic." Why don't you look at the main sales page? http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/promotions/sales/ultimate-game-sal...

Does this not address your issue with the original price not being listed?
    Original Price
    Silver Price
    Gold Price

There is nothing misleading or deceptive. Lots of retailers in Canada do not list the original retail price when conducting their sales. You can visit BestBuy.ca as a good example.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82452,527
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 16:13, Edited on 08 July 15 at 16:14 by Tanelorn82
    JMJimmy said:capicawl said:I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.The sales tactics I'm "complaining" about. The sale itself is meh. Goat Simulator was just on Steam for $2.49, Legend of Korra is currently on sale for $3.74 - not exactly the "ultimate" sale it claims to be.You might think the discount are not that great, fine for you, you're entitled to your opinion.
    However, there is nothing deceptive, they're not violating any laws. There are no wrong tactics... Just let it go before you make a fool of yourself... if it isn't already done.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • capicawlcapicawl610,175
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 16:21
    JMJimmy said:capicawl said:I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.The sales tactics I'm "complaining" about. The sale itself is meh. Goat Simulator was just on Steam for $2.49, Legend of Korra is currently on sale for $3.74 - not exactly the "ultimate" sale it claims to be.Nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy it. For conversation sake, I didn't buy either game. Now if you were to say the sales weren't as good as Sony's, oh you have my vote all day long.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,264,029
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 16:54, Edited on 08 July 15 at 17:08 by TheMaize
    JMJimmy said:capicawl said:I can't believe someone is actually complaining about a sale.The sales tactics I'm "complaining" about. The sale itself is meh. Goat Simulator was just on Steam for $2.49, Legend of Korra is currently on sale for $3.74 - not exactly the "ultimate" sale it claims to be.I dont know when korra was released on steam...but goat simulator is 1-2 years older than the Xbox one version..i would be surprised if you dont see it at sale on the Xbox one for below that Price within the NeXT two years. I am sure diablo 3 is also cheaper on the pc..and the borderlandsgames for that matter.

I agree that the sale could have been better, but that doesnt make it bad...lego Batman including seasonpass for $14.99 i felt was a good offer f.ex.

The only thing that annoyed me, was that after watching the trailer for the sale last week, i kinda expected mortal kombat to be 50% off...and it wasnt..they could have added a bit of newer indie games also. But just because the sale isnt 100% as i HOPED, i still bought 6 titles, and are happy with my deals.

This is a sale...they didnt have to make it, but they did...you dont have to buy anything if you dont want to..why do so many consoleplayers feel entitled to everything? Its the same in all GWG threads, where people complain they "only" get two games for free, and it isnt witcher or arkham knight
  • blueracer442blueracer442653,991
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 17:34
    I enjoy the sale, bought a few new games. I do wish they had more ID@Xbox games and more arcade games. I'm not a big fan of G.O.D. since I like to be able to look at my discs.
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 17:39
    blueracer442 said:I enjoy the sale, bought a few new games. I do wish they had more ID@Xbox games and more arcade games. I'm not a big fan of G.O.D. since I like to be able to look at my discs.I know im the minority here..but i prefer to be able to play everything with a click on a button, without having to change discs...i actually bought watchdogs on this sale, just so i can get rid of the disc, lol
  • blueracer442blueracer442653,991
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 17:42
    TheMaize said:blueracer442 said:I enjoy the sale, bought a few new games. I do wish they had more ID@Xbox games and more arcade games. I'm not a big fan of G.O.D. since I like to be able to look at my discs.I know im the minority here..but i prefer to be able to play everything with a click on a button, without having to change discs...i actually bought watchdogs on this sale, just so i can get rid of the disc, lolHey if thats what you like then thats awesome. Im assuming that means this sale was a lot better for you then for me. I like the fact that the One is actually doing good enough sales where both choices are viable.
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 17:57, Edited on 08 July 15 at 18:01 by TheMaize
    blueracer442 said:TheMaize said:blueracer442 said:I enjoy the sale, bought a few new games. I do wish they had more ID@Xbox games and more arcade games. I'm not a big fan of G.O.D. since I like to be able to look at my discs.I know im the minority here..but i prefer to be able to play everything with a click on a button, without having to change discs...i actually bought watchdogs on this sale, just so i can get rid of the disc, lolHey if thats what you like then thats awesome. Im assuming that means this sale was a lot better for you then for me. I like the fact that the One is actually doing good enough sales where both choices are viable.Hard to say, as i already owned most the titles on sale...but i live in a country, where the used game market is close to nonexistant, and all the new games are US imports, that never get discounted, because most of the stocks are "leftovers" bought at full Price at release, but never sold. So for me, the digital sales are always cheaper than physical.

And yes, i definately feel that they are doing better sales in general, than they did on the 360. Sometimes even TOO good, lol...quite a few times, i have seen huge discounts on newer titles i recently bought, but havent started yet..i dont remember that ever happening for me on the 360
  • Posted on 08 July 15 at 21:06
    Not Big on Games on Demand, but this is a Great Arcade Sale!!!!

Got Goat Sim, The Bridge, and The Blob.

Might get Blood of the Werewolf too.

All for $15
  • Posted on 08 July 15 at 21:09
    XI AlphaMale IX said:Could I get some feedback on the Killer Instinct Complete Collection?
  • CayMackCayMack246,910
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 22:37
    I don't understand why Canadian prices are sometimes the same as US and sometimes different:

Temple of Osiris US$8 CDN$8

Shadow of Mordor US$20 CDN$30
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82452,527
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 23:07
    CayMack said:I don't understand why Canadian prices are sometimes the same as US and sometimes different:

I was about to buy SoM. I got a little surprise when I was ready to pay... didn't get it in the end
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • K1LLATravisK1LLATravis658,249
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 23:16
    Picked up goat sim, TTG borderlands and GoT all for 360. Nothing for me on the One. Was going to get Lego Batman 3 but over here it's $20 not $13
  • CayMackCayMack246,910
    Posted on 08 July 15 at 23:30
    Tanelorn82 said:CayMack said:I don't understand why Canadian prices are sometimes the same as US and sometimes different:

I was about to buy SoM. I got a little surprise when I was ready to pay... didn't get it in the end
    Exactly! I was excited to see it listed for $20, and thought it might be $25 here. I might have paid $30 for a complete edition, but not for the vanilla version.
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I538,092
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 00:21
    TakeTheToast said:I appreciate all the time and effort that goes in to making these sales roundups for us all. It's seriously the best way for me to fully take in sales.+1
    And I love your signature
  • ghostlymostlyghostlymostly1,428,965
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 06:34
    picked up 'tales from the borderlands' and 'titanfall' :)
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 06:52
    If anyone wants to boost Risk for 360 feel free to message me! Picked up Monopoly as well.

On the fence about goat sim with the $5 in Xbox credit I still have left...
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 10:55, Edited on 09 July 15 at 10:59 by TheMaize
    FreeskierInVT said:If anyone wants to boost Risk for 360 feel free to message me! Picked up Monopoly as well.

On the fence about goat sim with the $5 in Xbox credit I still have left...
    Its one of those games you kinda have to try...the fun runs out after a few hours though...compare it to a movieticket, and its a "good investment" compare it to the sleeping dogs definitive edition, or the saints row bundle, then not so much (compared to time you would spend having fun ingame)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.