The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: July 9th, 2015

• maguzzolomaguzzolo546,939
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 09:38
    rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016You might be surprised by the amount of customers buying Lumia phone these days who don't give a damn thing about achivement-related-games and are just looking for a great value-for-money smart phone (the 640, for example) wink
  • JamPound32JamPound321,072,479
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 10:43
    DeadlyName0 said:I have a Nokia Lumia 620, will this game be playable?I don't think so, if it doesn't have 1gb ram.
  • ziplobthudziplobthud294,753
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 12:13
    maguzzolo said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016You might be surprised by the amount of customers buying Lumia phone these days who don't give a damn thing about achivement-related-games and are just looking for a great value-for-money smart phone (the 640, for example) winkIm using the lumia 640 lte, and what a fantastic phone it is for the price range, the fiance who uses an iphone says its almost as good just lacking in the app store. camera is fantastic, and if you read reviews they generally compare it to mid range smart phones instead of others in its own £100 low end range.
    Follow on Twitter, Twitch and Facebook all @ziplobthud
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 12:40, Edited on 09 July 15 at 15:53 by MeticulousMight
    Does anyone know the cause of the win 8 black screen/game crashes. On the forums someone was talking about the minimum specs to run the game and was wondering if that's why people were having problems. I wish there weren't any problems with this game so I could scoop both platforms up.

If anyone who is having problems can relate to these specs that would be very useful to me! (what computer your trying to run the game on)

System requirements:
    Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i5 ~1.7GHz
    1GB Ram
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 13:35
    Now only if my carrier would get more WP devices
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 13:51
    Pirates wasn't a terrible game. I quite enjoyed it. Definitely not a game worthy of monthly repeats. ;)
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf522,244
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 14:02
    I was a windows phone supporter, thought it was great, until I got a galaxy s6 a few months ago and realized how far ahead the competition is.
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 14:34
    With the ultimate game sale going on for the consoles, you'd think Microsoft would show WP & Win8 some love.
  • MoneyShot360MoneyShot360650,337
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 15:14
    Achievements sync between win8 and phone?
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 15:43
    MoneyShot360 said:Achievements sync between win8 and phone?The achievements and progress do not sync between platforms.
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 16:04
    None of the multi-platform Ubisoft games sync btw. This one is no different.
  • TRON0314TRON0314216,332
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 19:33
    Unfcnbleevibl said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016Won't be the least bit surprised either. Seeing as they have constant problems with achievements on WP games not synching properly and then they never release a fix and pretty much tell you you're S.O.L.

It will go the way of the Zune as yet another failed Microsoft venture.
    Honestly it doesn't make sense. They will focus on three of four handsets. Releasing a bajllion different Lumias didn't make sense at all. Maker of a lot, master of none.

They have to focus and produce a Surface-like phone in which it is a benchmark device to showcase the OS. So far it has been working for other OEMs in the PC realm. After all, why would they put so much effort into W10 one OS thing if they wouldn't continue with mobile?

Moreover, Continuum has the potential to uproot what we think we need for a device. That's super exciting. Not only for established markets but for emerging ones. One device + Cloud computing.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,723,522
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 01:16
    rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016Windows 10 Mobile is still coming this year. It'd be weird to even bother if it were going to die.
  • KnightReiteRKnightReiteR146,570
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 04:35
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016Windows 10 Mobile is still coming this year. It'd be weird to even bother if it were going to die.This is exactly what I thought. Windows phones aren't going anywhere. You think the Windows 10 phones will be pair-able to...I don't know....maybe HoloLens?
    Think before you speak...
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 09:43
    FuzzedUpCookie said:acedawg4 said:stupid 1gb ram needed games :-!if you dont have 1GB ram on your phone by now that's pretty goddamn sad man laugh wink i mean.. my Samsung Galaxy S2 had that 4-5 years ago.. up to 3GB now on my Oneplus One :)I've only got a Nokia Lumia 520, I can't afford a recent one. Even though I really want one!! :'-(
    The past is a foreign country, where we are only visitors.
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 11:26
    The only way Windows Phone is going take more percentage of the phone market and not die off, is with Windows 10. But considering the latest preview build is the first stable like build since it became public I guess, I'm not putting any bets. Then again, Microsoft could pull the rabbit out of the hat and make Windows 10 amaze balls. Who knows.

As for the sale, they need to bring the older games into the spotlight. You know, the ones that people would buy but don't want to due to the high pricing. Not the ones that no one plays and haven't been delisted some how. Not saying that some of the games aren't good, such as last weeks sale but you get the point.
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • napoearthnapoearth786,940
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 14:05
    NO1KEV said:Elyoh said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016As far as I was aware, they were always planning to close the Nokia side of things off and go Microsoft Lumia.Yep there will be no more Nokia phones as you say they are now called microsoft(whatever name they go with) according to windows central they are only going to make 6 different mobile phone models a year so people dont constantly have a out of date phone a week after buying it.I was in a Microsoft Store two days ago and they had a Microsoft Lumia on display, so that is the name they are going with. I was wondering what was up with that.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf522,244
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 16:57
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016Windows 10 Mobile is still coming this year. It'd be weird to even bother if it were going to die.the same hype that windows phone 8 had. and that was very lackluster.
  • ElyohElyoh912,094
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 23:05
    napoearth said:NO1KEV said:Elyoh said:rocking23nf said:now that they shuttered the nokia business, I expect the windows phone to die a slow death and not exist by the end of 2016As far as I was aware, they were always planning to close the Nokia side of things off and go Microsoft Lumia.Yep there will be no more Nokia phones as you say they are now called microsoft(whatever name they go with) according to windows central they are only going to make 6 different mobile phone models a year so people dont constantly have a out of date phone a week after buying it.I was in a Microsoft Store two days ago and they had a Microsoft Lumia on display, so that is the name they are going with. I was wondering what was up with that.They officially announced, maybe 6 months ago, that it would change to Microsoft Lumia. Someone might be able to correct me on this, but when they 'bought' Nokia's cellphone division, they only bought the rights to use the name Nokia until 2016. Thus they used it to pave the ground work for 'Lumia' as much as they could before they change it to Microsoft Lumia.

Personally, I see Windows Phone as an investment like Bing. Bing has only ever cost MS (Although I think they forecast this year might change that), but they can't afford not to have it.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • lfcjohnlfcjohn1,006,883
    Posted on 17 July 15 at 04:24
    Seems no red stripe this week and the collection removed at Windows phone store.
    You'll never play alone
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.