Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Game 4 Renamed To Pit People

• DamnSillyDamnSilly915,495
  • Posted on 09 July 15 at 14:36Permalink
    That is one seriously ugly game. I get the Behemoth art-style and everything, but this is just terrible.
  • WilkiadamWilkiadam591,466
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 14:40Permalink
    I agree with MrZombieChicken; they need to step up their game...it actually looks slightly less impressive than Castle Crashers, which came out 7 years ago...
  • Watty8883Watty88831,748,165
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 15:04Permalink
    Looks like they can't be arsed.
  • TuschiTuschi973,418
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 15:13, Edited on 09 July 15 at 15:48 by TuschiPermalink
    Can somebody please smack the first two commenters? It's an art style! It's hand drawn and it looks just how they want it to look! And it looks GORGEOUS!
  • Redd FiveRedd Five775,580
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 15:48Permalink
    Looks like Strategy RPG Castle Crashers. I'm in!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 July 15 at 18:32Permalink
    Tuschi said:Can somebody please smack the first two commenters? It's an art style! It's hand drawn and it looks just how they want it to look! And it looks GORGEOUS!Excatly everything has to look life like apprently,if everything was the same it would be boring.
    TA "just how good are you" not very is the answer for 99% of you boost everything seems pointless to be in to cheevs if thats the case.
  • XystraXystra114,254
    Posted on 09 July 15 at 20:43Permalink
    I PITY THE FOO'!

...who thinks that first picture is indicative of the artistry that will be available in the final product.
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 01:38Permalink
    looking forward to castle crashers remaster over this. whens the release date for castle crashers Xbox One?
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 01:36Permalink
    Is that a Centaur dual wilding Uzis, bottom left in the first picture?
  • VolsungrVolsungr98,710
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 01:39Permalink
    Tuschi said:Can somebody please smack the first two commenters? It's an art style! It's hand drawn and it looks just how they want it to look! And it looks GORGEOUS!True words! This is a beautiful game.

Watching the first 20 minutes of the game and listening to the in-game narrator, I know I'm going to enjoy this thoroughly.
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 02:59Permalink
    Reminds me of the good ol days of Newgrounds smile
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0215,450
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 05:06, Edited on 10 July 15 at 05:14 by Iceman2pnt0Permalink
    Tuschi said:Can somebody please smack the first two commenters? It's an art style! It's hand drawn and it looks just how they want it to look! And it looks GORGEOUS!I have to disagree on this one (coming from someone firmly in the gameplay > graphics camp). The art itself is the weakest link in their games. The gameplay is good and they really seem to "get" what makes a fun and entertaining game, but the art itself is just lacking IMO. This is made even more puzzling by the fact that the animations are pretty good. Honestly, to take Battleblock Theater as an example, if they would've just added more colors and details like shading to the characters it would've made a huge difference (and I'm not talking crazy amounts of detail either). I know that they were probably going for a "playable flash movie" look, but it still looks a little too simplistic to me.
    If you really want your voice heard, vote with your wallet.
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 05:51Permalink
    I like that the Behemoth had kept their art style throughout their games. Its instantly recognizable and the humor pumped into these graphics are a great match. I have never laughed so hard at failing as I did when playing Battleblock Theater.
    The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
  • ElyohElyoh793,045
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 06:48Permalink
    It's art like all art, either you like it or you don't. Personally, I like it. Knowing it is all hand drawn adds quite a personal touch as well.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • CrispchewCrispchew292,720
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 07:24Permalink
    I don't like this kind of game, but I respect The Behemoth because everything they've put out so far has been amazing. Good on them.
  • RedCoIaRedCoIa193,470
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 08:16Permalink
    I like The Behemoth's art style. I find it refreshing among all those other AAA titles.
  • Posted on 10 July 15 at 10:58Permalink
    RedCoIa said:I like The Behemoth's art style. I find it refreshing among all those other AAA titles.^this game isn't AAA. Just saying.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 11:42Permalink
    I'm hoping there's a lot more than just MP i the arena....
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Doc BuddhaDoc Buddha740,911
    Posted on 10 July 15 at 21:29Permalink
    ComboChrist said:RedCoIa said:I like The Behemoth's art style. I find it refreshing among all those other AAA titles.^this game isn't AAA. Just saying.Ummm... Yes it is...

Another Awesome Arcade! (game from The Behemoth) {:o)
    I ain't signin' nothin' without my lawyer present.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.