Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (Xbox One) Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 09 July 15 at 18:38Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (Xbox One) walkthrough
  • UnsungGhostUnsungGhost618,003
    Posted on 06 October 15 at 16:42, Edited on 06 October 15 at 17:04 by UnsungGhostPermalink
    Baker Street

Before doing anything else, head over to the window and examine your dog, Toby for Toby Interaction 1/6. Now speak with Watson about the harpoon re-enactment.
    The fate of Black Peter case is missing a deduction. In order to do the experiment where you throw a harpoon into the pig you have to connect Swift Actions and Pinned to the Wall. Then you need to go to Woodman's Lee and grab a harpoon. Then Watson will talk to you about the experiment.

Wiggins won't find the sailors until you do this.
  • AckterAckter317,328
    Posted on 06 October 15 at 16:49Permalink
    Do you mind PMing that info please? I'm on my mobile and can't do anything with it at the moment. Cheers.
    [19/05/2015 7:34:48 PM] Michaël (MC0REBE): ackter, you are awesome :D
  • xMagicMunKixxMagicMunKix933,695
    Posted on 17 November 15 at 20:09Permalink
    there is a little mistake at the final deduction connetion of blood bath:
    these are the correct decisions:
    Pitkin’s hopes(instead of worries)
    Motive: Vengeance(instead of stop takeover)
  • AckterAckter317,328
    Posted on 18 December 15 at 18:35Permalink
    I'm sorry I didn't take people of your limited intelligence into account when writing this guide. If you think you can do better, write your own guide.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,117,981
    Posted on 18 December 15 at 23:48Permalink
    I apologise. Was raging because it just wasn't working. -.-
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS918,892
    Posted on 14 February 16 at 23:19Permalink
    Guide is fine but for one thing, and I could have missed this somewhere but when you go to the deductions section at the end, there is no mention of having to link up all the clues 1st to be able to follow what you have in the guide. I was looking at the clues thinking I had to link those up based on the guide and obviously couldn't fine the ones mentioned there until after I linked the clues.
  • Hahaman4realHahaman4real338,203
    Posted on 27 February 16 at 05:39Permalink
    railway to quarry, could be sunk or has been sunk is missing in the riddle on the rails. Just started playing this again after a year for the remaining achs. Thanks for the guide.
  • Posted on 03 March 16 at 20:38, Edited on 03 March 16 at 20:42 by TheOtherBarberPermalink
    Just commenting about the Notting Hill Manor portion of the Half Moon Walk case- the guide says:

Head through the door to your right and examine the exit. Examine the stove next to the exit and take the rope. Go back into the previous room to examine the chandelier and hammer. Attach the rope to both and then hang the chandelier. In the corner to the left of the kitchen door is a rolled up carpet. Take it and head into the kitchen again.

Take the chair from by the window and use it to block the kitchen door. On the floor next to the door leading out to the hall is a hatch. Open it and cover it with the carpet. Walk out into the hall and examine the window. Examine the cupboard nearby and move it to block the window. Head up the stairs and examine the window at the top. Nearby is a necklace on a table. Take the necklace and drop it at the top of the stairs.

I wasn't able to do the things in this order so it was a little confusing. The order the game let me do the things was: examine Rope on Stove, examine Chandelier and Hammer, Take Chair, block Kitchen Door with Chair, use Imagination, take Rope from Stove, use Rope with Chandelier and Hammer, use Imagination, examine Window near Cupboard, Use Cupboard to block Window, use Imagination, examine Hatch, open Hatch, take Carpet, cover Hatch with Carpet, use Imagination, go upstairs and examine Window, take Necklace, use Necklace on Top Stair, use Imagination.
  • Posted on 04 March 16 at 11:33Permalink
    In ''A Half Moon Walk'' after the deduction that there was a robbery you must switch the ''firing position'' deduction back to ''simultaneous shots''. Or else you cant do the imagination at the crime scene when you get back to Half Moon Street.

I dont know, but for me it took a while to find out why I couldn't do an imagination at that point. This might help other people.
  • Posted on 04 March 16 at 12:49Permalink
    TheOtherBarber said:Just commenting about the Notting Hill Manor portion of the Half Moon Walk case- the guide says:

Head through the door to your right and examine the exit. Examine the stove next to the exit and take the rope. Go back into the previous room to examine the chandelier and hammer. Attach the rope to both and then hang the chandelier. In the corner to the left of the kitchen door is a rolled up carpet. Take it and head into the kitchen again.

Take the chair from by the window and use it to block the kitchen door. On the floor next to the door leading out to the hall is a hatch. Open it and cover it with the carpet. Walk out into the hall and examine the window. Examine the cupboard nearby and move it to block the window. Head up the stairs and examine the window at the top. Nearby is a necklace on a table. Take the necklace and drop it at the top of the stairs.

I wasn't able to do the things in this order so it was a little confusing. The order the game let me do the things was: examine Rope on Stove, examine Chandelier and Hammer, Take Chair, block Kitchen Door with Chair, use Imagination, take Rope from Stove, use Rope with Chandelier and Hammer, use Imagination, examine Window near Cupboard, Use Cupboard to block Window, use Imagination, examine Hatch, open Hatch, take Carpet, cover Hatch with Carpet, use Imagination, go upstairs and examine Window, take Necklace, use Necklace on Top Stair, use Imagination.
    Had to do the same as you did here. Thanks for telling and hopefully the writer will change his walkthrough a bit. It was indeed a little confusing.
  • Apostle92627Apostle92627333,116
    Posted on 05 March 16 at 02:17Permalink
    TheOtherBarber said:Just commenting about the Notting Hill Manor portion of the Half Moon Walk case- the guide says:

Yeah, the carpet part nearly made me rage quit since I honestly thought I was dealing with a game-breaking glitch and I couldn't complete the game. Believe me, there is nothing worse than being unable to complete a game because you can't activate something at the end.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,139,135
    Posted on 05 March 16 at 02:27Permalink
    een magnetron said:TheOtherBarber said:Just commenting about the Notting Hill Manor portion of the Half Moon Walk case- the guide says:

Had to do the same as you did here. Thanks for telling and hopefully the writer will change his walkthrough a bit. It was indeed a little confusing.
    Considering the original writer is no longer writing or maintaining walkthroughs, you'd have better luck trying to get the editor listed to fix any issues you find.
  • AckterAckter317,328
    Posted on 06 March 16 at 04:33Permalink
    Apologies for any mistakes and confusion in the guide. As mentioned, I no longer write or maintain walkthroughs so again I apologise. Hopefully someone else will step up to.make the modifications needed.
  • iPlatfootiPlatfoot378,224
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 19:37Permalink
    Overall it is a solid guide. You could have saved a lot of our time however if you specified which clues to link. Also, as others have mentioned, you mixed up the order in the Notting Hill Manor. I understand you don't write or maintain walkthroughs anymore, but especially after someone pointed out the mistake you could have at least corrected this major one. It caused me and most likely many others to restart the case thinking it was a game breaking glitch.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,139,135
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 20:01Permalink
    iPlatfoot said:Overall it is a solid guide. You could have saved a lot of our time however if you specified which clues to link. Also, as others have mentioned, you mixed up the order in the Notting Hill Manor. I understand you don't write or maintain walkthroughs anymore, but especially after someone pointed out the mistake you could have at least corrected this major one. It caused me and most likely many others to restart the case thinking it was a game breaking glitch.There is someone who was assigned editor on the guide. Forward it to him, and chances are he'll fix it, as that's the reason he was added anyway, since Ackter no longer wants to maintain these.
  • HiradCHiradC228,624
    Posted on 26 March 16 at 08:47, Edited on 26 March 16 at 09:41 by HiradCPermalink
    Just to reiterate what was said in November, final deduction on blood bath should have motive as vengeance not stop takeover. Great guide though thanks to all involved.

edit, abbey grange in order to make deduction to look for sailor you need to speak to lestrade about eustace's character to make the domestic violence connection.
    take me seriously at your own risk
  • MAJORPOOPYMAJORPOOPY771,571
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 03:03Permalink
    Thanks for this guide! Decent game but did not have the patience to figure out every single thing on my own.
    -Major
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz271,195
    Posted on 14 April 17 at 08:30, Edited on 14 April 17 at 08:34 by FiveWizzPermalink
    Definitely a shame that there isn't a guide on which clues to link. Very very confusing.

I've been scratching my head for ages wondering what was going on and thinking that surely such a key bit wouldn't be skipped.

Edit: It just needs to be explained more explicitly in the guide that at the final deduction screen the player needs to link the clues themselves. It's actually not that difficult it's just confusing that it's glanced over in the guide.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.