Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gameloft to Update Many Windows Phone Titles

• QuickMythrilQuickMythril778,601
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 02:14
    though i will still play an uncompletable game, i would really also like to see them fix the old ones first.

i never understood why some games have achievements and some do not, or some come to WP and some do not. for example we have Angry Birds Epic but no achievements (even though it shows up as Live Enabled). also, dragon quest and final fantasy titles, we have ff1 and ff3 and that's it? ios and android have others. anyway i know that's not really related to this article.
  • Posted on 16 May 15 at 02:22
    Hopefully they look at Total Conquest too. =/
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • coipcoip251,694
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 02:44
    You say to hold off on buying Modern Combat 5 because it's going F2P, but I'm wondering if it's actually better to buy it while you can and avoid the exorbitant F2P prices all F2P games seem to suffer from. I mean, what will happen to those who already own it, after it turns into F2P? Like, they'll have the equivalent of the most "super unlocked" version, as if they paid massive amounts of F2P in-game currency or something?
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,373,600
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 02:55
    finallife6 said:Glad to see their fixing their millions of games with broken achievements. Oh waitThis.

And every other similar comment posted on here and every other Gameloft forum.

Does Asphalt 8 still require $150 in actual money to complete?
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl887,612
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 06:34
    finallife6 said:Glad to see their fixing their millions of games with broken achievements. Oh waitNailed it.
    No mercy.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,245,994
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 06:46
    How very dare people complain about achievement completion on an achievement focused website.They should be ashamed of themselves for trying to finish what they have started.

/End Sarcasm.

I have little desire to play broken mobile games for hours on end maybe all the trailblazers on here can test them first smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 15 at 06:54
    Oriole2682 said:Games might not be completable but hey look on the bright side...free achievements! Also 99.9999% of people on this site will never have 100% completions, and 95% of those will complain or won't play a great or fun game just because of an unobtainable...your loss!Don't know where you get the 99.9999% out of 100% of people will not get 100% completion, if you look on stats on this site that is clearly not the case. I know a few people on here who have 100% completions.
    I love racing games!
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,346,645
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 09:35
    Gameloft's free live enabled WP titles are all a super huge grind to 100% unless you wana spend a shit load of cash. Asphalt 8 I'm looking at you! 4 cars that I can only buy with tokens and the online events get me maybe 30 tokens a week and each car is 1,000+! Will only have ANY interest in these if they are paid for titles if they are "FREE" I'm not interested.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,346,645
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 09:38
    Sashamorning said:finallife6 said:Glad to see their fixing their millions of games with broken achievements. Oh waitThis.

And every other similar comment posted on here and every other Gameloft forum.

Does Asphalt 8 still require $150 in actual money to complete?
    Yes it does. You can earn tokens from the online events for the 4 cars you can only buy with tokens but its painfully slow unless you fully upgrade the best car available in each class and are good at the online event. Do-able without spending money but it'll take 100 hours or so.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,384,667
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 09:40
    Oriole2682 said:Games might not be completable but hey look on the bright side...free achievements! Also 99.9999% of people on this site will never have 100% completions, and 95% of those will complain or won't play a great or fun game just because of an unobtainable...your loss!I agree, Gamelofts Let's Golf 2 released with 1 unobtainable achievement but it's a great game and well worth having a 95% on your card.
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • GiinceeGiincee509,334
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 09:44, Edited on 16 May 15 at 09:50 by Giincee
    They should update their bugged games with glitched achievements like Brain Challenge (WP) or Lets Golf 2 (WP).
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo204,464
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 10:12
    Oriole2682 said:Games might not be completable but hey look on the bright side...free achievements! Also 99.9999% of people on this site will never have 100% completions, and 95% of those will complain or won't play a great or fun game just because of an unobtainable...your loss!I'm probably that kind of person ... Just out of curiosity, as I'm seeing these comments quite frequently, may I ask someone to list "must play" games with unobtainables? I'm especially interested in non-discontinued achievements (i.e. that have been unobtainables ever since the release of the game) ...

In my opinion, having unobtainables says a lot about the devs and therefore about the game ... especially when it comes to Gameloft!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 15 at 13:36
    Cw Icecold said:They should update their bugged games with glitched achievements like Brain Challenge (WP) or Lets Golf 2 (WP).Exactly my point.
    I love racing games!
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 13:42
    Wonder if they'll fix Total Conquest's achievements and make a better sync between the Win 8 and the WP versions. Kinda ridiculous of having broken games that you can't complete because of a few bugs -.-
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • misfit119misfit1191,052,317
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 13:51, Edited on 16 May 15 at 13:52 by misfit119
    XPhiles in IA said:Oriole2682 said:Games might not be completable but hey look on the bright side...free achievements! Also 99.9999% of people on this site will never have 100% completions, and 95% of those will complain or won't play a great or fun game just because of an unobtainable...your loss!agreed, who cares anyway, when the services are all gone what do achievements matter? Play the damn game and enjoy itIt's always interesting to see these posts from people who have been investigated and moved to non-stat tracking even when I agree with the sentiment. That said Gameloft has pulled some BS with their games, like what they did with Asphalt 8. Ugh.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • YinYin1,024,402
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 14:59
    I'm certainly not holding my breath.
  • planting42planting421,863,996
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 16:45
    Always up for more free games.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm
  • coipcoip251,694
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 17:36
    oO KwaX Oo said:may I ask someone to list "must play" games with unobtainables? I'm especially interested in non-discontinued achievements (i.e. that have been unobtainables ever since the release of the game) ... Revolution (WP) has one unobtainable (since launch, never fixed, despite being published by Microsoft Studios), but I still think it's a superb puzzle game worth buying, if you're looking for a unique puzzle game.
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77310,424
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 18:41
    Any news on whether they will have modern combat 4 free again as well? I got it when it was free during bean dive 2014 I think but had to delete it for space and by the time I had enough space they had removed the free version from the marketplace!

Stuck with an achievement unlocked but no way to complete the game without buying it. And it ain't one of the cheapest games!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy530,125
    Posted on 16 May 15 at 19:17
    Craploft games can suck it. Issues already mentioned aside, the games aren't fun. They're boring/gimmicky games that feed of the childish do thing->make rewarding sound/animation->do again->wait longer each time or pay $$$->make rewarding sound/animation loop. It's so blatant it's rather pathetic.

At their core all games are like that to an extent but at least some try to be proper games and not bordering on gambling. Although Microsoft is far worse just less broken like Microsoft Jackpot.
    Life, it's funny that way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.