The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 7th, 2015

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,033,084
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:16
    Chewie you beast. clap
    Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • wes coasnwes coasn537,731
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:18
    Anybody recomend Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 season passes? Just for the achievements...
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka336,022
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:18
    Wow...so many links!
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,328,596
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:21
    Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!
  • MemoMemo348,223
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:29
    Impressive amount of work Sir, cheers!
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,687,349
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:30
    Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!Idiot people who believe the world revolves around achievements and not fun factor.

Seriously man? I love my achievements but who cares if they don't realese any packs with achievements to earn.
    Achievementhunter.com
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:32
    wes coasn said:Anybody recomend Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 season passes? Just for the achievements...Watch_Dogs - no. The Season Pass is currently a tiny bit cheaper than the Bad Blood DLC pack (£11.99 alone) plus you get some achievement-less extras. I need to purchase the DLC or S-Pass myself too at some point but I think I may just wait patiently and see if they at least push the pass or pack by itself to 50% discount.... one day.

Unless I've missed it in the past, I've yet to see the DLC pack itself go on sale. I'm not too interested in the extras that come with it.
    Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • DrewJCraigDrewJCraig690,640
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:33
    I've never considered buying a dlc that does not include achievements or make achievements more obtainable, so I believe he has a point
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:35
    Whatever floats your boat, right?

toast
  • Otouto72Otouto721,607,946
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:37
    Wow that is some deal! I really have to study the form in this one.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:38
    Rayman Origins is well worth $5, very fun game
  • wes coasnwes coasn537,731
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:40
    Dat Boi Treezy said:wes coasn said:Anybody recomend Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 season passes? Just for the achievements...Watch_Dogs - no. The Season Pass is currently a tiny bit cheaper than the Bad Blood DLC pack (£11.99 alone) plus you get some achievement-less extras. I need to purchase the DLC or S-Pass myself too at some point but I think I may just wait patiently and see if they at least push the pass or pack by itself to 50% discount.... one day.

Unless I've missed it in the past, I've yet to see the DLC pack itself go on sale. I'm not too interested in the extras that come with it.
    It hasn't. Il still waiting patiently.
  • NYImpact414NYImpact414116,936
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:43
    Thinking about getting Mini Ninjas and VT4. Any recommendation on Zoo Tycoon for X1?
  • Chris8875Chris8875694,465
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:44
    Thoughts on Max, Curse of the Brotherhood on the 360? Any good?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,495,277
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 00:51
    Think I will have to get that Shadow of Mordor Season Pass, and maybe a cheap-o XBLA game just to round it out. Will wait on the weekend sales before making any purchases though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 15 at 01:18
    NightHawk673 said:Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!Idiot people who believe the world revolves around achievements and not fun factor.

Seriously man? I love my achievements but who cares if they don't realese any packs with achievements to earn.
    Idiot people who believe the world revolves around their idea of fun.

Wake up bro, for some people achievements and the challenge that comes with unlocking them is the fun.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,153,496
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 01:33
    CounterInsurgnt said:NightHawk673 said:Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!Idiot people who believe the world revolves around achievements and not fun factor.

Idiot people who believe the world revolves around their idea of fun.

Wake up bro, for some people achievements and the challenge that comes with unlocking them is the fun.
    Personally I'm glad not all DLC ever has achievements (yet). If I see a DLC with achievements, I'm pretty much screwed since I know at some point I'm going to buy it no matter how much I hate the game (Example : Cod Ghosts, though I bought the Season Pass when it was at least half off). I've gotten better about waiting for sales if its a game I don't actually like, but if you're a completionist, DLC can just force you to put more hours into a game you already know you dislike.

I have nothing against buying achievement-less DLC, it's just my enjoyment of the game is more of a factor in this case.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 01:36, Edited on 08 April 15 at 01:36 by KITTENS R CUTE
    If you are paying $10-$20 for a DLC, Achievements should be included without thought. Ive seen games you would never think go over the 1000GS come and spit out a $10 DLC with cheevos, but when you spend good money for a DLC which is supporting the company they should support you with Achievements. Achievements not only add a challenge but give the game more reason to play. Im looking at you DESTINY! Spend $40 on 2 DLCs and get little story, 1 strike, 1 raid, and 0 extra Achievements. I dont understand the logic! Heres a company that has always put DLC Cheevs with thought and most of them were quite fun to earn. Destinys Achievements had little to no thought involved. I mean how hard is it to add Achievements Halo MCC has already added what? An extra hundo? Yeah shouldnt be an issue for any company!
  • FroZeNSouLFroZeNSouL578,240
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 01:41
    Anyone know if picking up the season pass for Watchdogs or Farcry 4 on 360 gives you it on XB1 too?
    Or is there a date to do it by, like there was with Destiny?
    Or only way is to buy both if want to double up?

Otherwise ill think ill skip, till they go alot cheaper.
    Went got ShadowOfMordor pass, hopefully wont be disappointed
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads