The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 7th, 2015

• RhyoliticRhyolitic421,439
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 01:57
    Man, why can't the Game of Thrones season pass go on sale like it is on PSN? It makes perfect sense for it to go on sale now, what with the new season of the show starting on Sunday.
  • wes coasnwes coasn489,527
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:02
    FroZeNSouL said:Anyone know if picking up the season pass for Watchdogs or Farcry 4 on 360 gives you it on XB1 too?
    Or is there a date to do it by, like there was with Destiny?
    Or only way is to buy both if want to double up?

Otherwise ill think ill skip, till they go alot cheaper.
    Went got ShadowOfMordor pass, hopefully wont be disappointed
    If it does, it would be in the description of the 360 version.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:03
    Rhyolitic said:Man, why can't the Game of Thrones season pass go on sale like it is on PSN? It makes perfect sense for it to go on sale now, what with the new season of the show starting on Sunday.No kidding...it starts Sunday? Awesome.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,132,268
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:09
    I'll wait until watchdogs season pass and far cry 4 s is 50 % off . I think that get the shadow season pass and mini ninjas with a side of castle of illusion.
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert833,881
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:10
    A handful of season passes on sale but no inclusion of the VIP pass for Gears: Judgment? Surely now would be the perfect opportunity to do so? Bioshock Infinite got a cut at the last moment so maybe next week... I hope anyway.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead575,054
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:27, Edited on 08 April 15 at 04:22 by HolyHalfDead
    Nice work on this monster sale Chewie, I don't have much to add this week:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Season Pass Pack 20% off (30% with Gold)
    Project Spark Champions Quest Play Pack - contains content required for some achievements
    Watch Dogs (Xbox 360) Season Pass 20% off (30% with Gold) (has achievements)

Those interested in Forza Horizon 2, watch out as you save more money by buying things seperately.

Ultimate Edition (30% off) = $69.99
    Deluxe Edition (30% off) + Car Pass (50% off) = $55.99 + $12.50 = $68.49 ($1.50 cheaper)

How stupid do you think we are Microsoft?

Also, VIP works out at $8 instead of $19.99 if you buy Deluxe Edition instead of Digital Edition ($55.99 - $47.99). That's a better deal than Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members get, which is $10 off.

The Car Pass is 25 cars for $12.50, so 50 cents per car. There are currently 19 cars you can download for free anyway:
    - Launch Bonus Car Pack (2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 1968 Abarth 595 esseesse, 1956 Ford F-100, 2003 Ford Focus RS, 1997 Land Rover Defender 90, 1987 Buick Regal GNX, 1993 Renault Clio Williams, 2015 Ford Mustang GT) FREE
    - 1988 BMW M5 (from Mobil 1 Car Pack) FREE
    - 1990 Subaru Legacy RS (from Falken Tire Car Pack) FREE
    - 2002 Lotus Esprit V8 (from NAPA Auto Parts Car Pack) FREE
    - 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 (from G-Shock Car Pack) FREE
    - 1966 Ford Lotus Cortina (from Top Gear Car Pack) FREE
    - 2001 Acura Integra Type-R (from Rockstar Car Pack) FREE
    - Mazda MX-5 Car Pack (2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata, 2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20, 2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5, 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata) FREE
    - 1998 Toyota Supra (from Furious 7 Car Pack) FREE

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:29
    More Rayman for me!
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 02:37
    Just a quick thing... I think technically the Project Spark Champion Quest does provide achievements... because you can't complete the achievements tied to completing Champion's Quest without at least purchasing the play pack... so ya...
    Hell hath no fury like a twelve guage shotgun
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 04:34
    aaaaaand I'm broke.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 05:11
    Looks like a good week :)
  • Sir JLSir JL216,055
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 05:24
    The format looks a little different. I like it!
    JL
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 05:49
    El Chavo Kart

lol I had completely forgotten about this game
  • VolsungrVolsungr99,778
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 06:12
    DrewJCraig said:I've never considered buying a dlc that does not include achievements or make achievements more obtainable, so I believe he has a pointA point that only adheres to achievement whores/hunters, which is rightfully placed on a minority Xbox community site.

From my personal viewpoint, I'd prefer added achievements. If I love a game, however, then its not going to affect my choice of purchasing extra content.
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn534,342
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 07:04
    There are narrow minded gamers... those that jump down the throat of someone stating they won't buy DLC unless it has achievements and those individuals that are obnoxious and state that a person that just plays for fun and does not place their priority of gaming on achievements is somehow wrong for feeling that way.

To each his/her own. I prefer achievements (I was upset that Destiny did not have any... but I did enjoy the extras regardless... even though it was overpriced).
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 15 at 08:30
    Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!You say you play for fun...
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev1,547,151
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 09:17
    Elite1111111111 said:CounterInsurgnt said:NightHawk673 said:Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!Idiot people who believe the world revolves around achievements and not fun factor.

Seriously man? I love my achievements but who cares if they don't realese any packs with achievements to earn.
    Idiot people who believe the world revolves around their idea of fun.

Wake up bro, for some people achievements and the challenge that comes with unlocking them is the fun.
    Personally I'm glad not all DLC ever has achievements (yet). If I see a DLC with achievements, I'm pretty much screwed since I know at some point I'm going to buy it no matter how much I hate the game (Example : Cod Ghosts, though I bought the Season Pass when it was at least half off). I've gotten better about waiting for sales if its a game I don't actually like, but if you're a completionist, DLC can just force you to put more hours into a game you already know you dislike.

I have nothing against buying achievement-less DLC, it's just my enjoyment of the game is more of a factor in this case.
    Pretty much this. I will buy any DLC that has potential or is worth it even if it doesn't have achievements. If I like the game I will outright support the dlc, or at least some of it if it goes well with what I'm playing. (RPG's are a good example).

I mean if I was going to buy something regardless and later when it's about to be released they announce achievements, I'll take it as a bonus. If nothing is added, I'll move on happily with my purchased content.
    Achievementhunter.com
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,253,161
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 09:25
    The project spark - champions bundle. Should really be listed as DLC WITH achievements.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator191,199
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 09:36
    I had to stop buying XBLA Games last year, because i ran out of space on my 320.GB on 360.
    There is no more space to cleap up, because its only XBLA games, DLC, patches etc. left.
    I have bought over 290 Retail games on 360 too, so its a big chunk of GB only for patches.
  • SlabbaSlabba181,903
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 09:51
    The Australian price for The Black Keys Pack 02 for Rock Band 3 is $3.63 for Gold members, but only $3.27 for Silver members...
  • ziplobthudziplobthud264,976
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 10:17
    NightHawk673 said:Kanchanaburi said:Idiot developers who release DLC without achievements. Alien Isolation and the Crew are a prime example!Idiot people who believe the world revolves around achievements and not fun factor.

Seriously man? I love my achievements but who cares if they don't realese any packs with achievements to earn.
    couldn't agree more, i love cheevies as much as most others on the site, but seriously, deciding what you buy purely on weather it has cheevies or not is pathetic
    Follow on Twitter, Twitch and Facebook all @ziplobthud
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.