Game Discussion: NBA 2K6

Triple Double Achievement Help?

• Posted on 08 June 14 at 16:51
    No matter how many times ive tried it i can just not unlock this achievement. Can someone help me?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm655,116
    Posted on 04 April 22 at 15:43
    unattention said:
    No matter how many times ive tried it i can just not unlock this achievement. Can someone help me?
    Longer quarters make this easier. You can go into game options and make everything easier for you & harder for the opponent.

Pick your 3 categories. Make sure you are focusing on one player. The East all-star team is a strong team. I chose Iverson. Scoring is self-explanatory. I used Iverson to shoot the 15 3's & score 50 points.

Assists are simple as well as long as you have moved the sliders to make everything easier. When your focused player passes the ball, immediately press cn_X to shoot. Each time the second player scores (it need not be the same one each time), you get an assist.

Rebounds can be simple if you use the exploit. Turn out of bounds off. Take your designated player and stand him behind his own net (out of bounds) and facing it. Have him shoot the ball. He will try to score but the ball will hit the rear of his own backboard and bounce back. Pick it up for the rebound. You can rinse & repeat 10 times for one of the triple double items & continue to do it 20 times for the achievement.

With the sliders set to easy, stealing is also simple. Using your designated player, hang around the player with the ball pressing cn_RSc. Move around a bit close to the opposing player and you will steal. If you are too aggressive, you will complete a foul. Ten steals qualifies as an item in the triple double.

The final category that qualifies for the triple double is blocks. That's a little more difficult to do unless you have a human co-op opponent who helps you boost this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads