Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: April 7th & 8th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,387
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,444
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:18Permalink
    Hmm. Two more Chinese exclusives.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth. Don't forget the [popcorn].
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid320,546
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:42Permalink
    The Chinese exclusives - one is a card strategy game and the other tower defence game.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:47Permalink
    Wait so there is no way that a us citizen can get those Chinese games!?
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • IcyThrasherIcyThrasher631,896
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:53Permalink
    I'm with Counter, if anyone has a way of getting the Chinese games that isn't too complicated and not rule breaking I'd like to know. Much appreciation for anyone who has the info. I'm interested in literally every single one of them and disappointed I'm currently not able to play them.
  • Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:54Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:Wait so there is no way that a us citizen can get those Chinese games!?Possibly by trading nuclear secrets.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,386,084
    Posted on 08 April 15 at 23:57Permalink
    The only way is to get a Chinese Xbox, which means knowing someone in China because there is no Chinese eBay.
  • destinywarsdestinywars721,500
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:05Permalink
    Seeing as they are free can they be got the same way onigri was with no repercussions?
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:07Permalink
    I thought Xbox Ones were region free? sure you may not be able to dowload if from your physical xbox, but on the xbox website i imagine you could/ should.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:10Permalink
    Hmmm again if anyone has a way please share.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,515
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:22Permalink
    Read on another site that Chinese games are no longer region locked...all you need is a Chinese account. People I know with one can't test it just yet since they actual release on 4/9. I'll update tomorrow once way or another!
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Draconic KyrDraconic Kyr199,766
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:36Permalink
    I have tried using a chinese account and downloading via the xbox.com site, it does not even give the option to Buy any of the games. Just information about them. So a chinese Xbox One is required and a chinese phone number to verify and unlock the xbox one for use, then a chinese account to download the games.
  • TerebrAHTerebrAH358,746
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:36Permalink
    I think you can switch the console location/language to Chinese in system settings - if you can navigate to the games you might be able to download them that way.

This worked for Neverwinter as it isn't available in Australia yet, so I swapped to US and downloaded it. Swapping back caused no problem and I was able to play the game!

Please note down what steps you took to change the language as I'd assume the language will become Chinese and if you don't know it you're gonna have a bad time..
  • ezhnoezhno394,581
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:44Permalink
    It isn't the same as just switching regions because the actual Chinese Xbox LIVE network is far more insulated from the rest of the Xbox LIVE network than any other region. It's treated differently and has different requirements of the user as Blank Kirito said. It's a Chinese system for Chinese people only; or at least that's the intent. It's the same way with some banks and even Starbucks cards which work only in China. Essentially, it's a special case that's most likely the result of terms set forth by the Chinese government in order to allow Microsoft to release the system in China.

The short version is that you require a Chinese Xbox One. That's all there is to it. $500 minimum to arrange but much closer to $1,000 in my experience.
  • JuicyjamsJuicyjams747,794
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:50Permalink
    ^ Just like how we got onigri. Ill try and see if it works for these as well.
    LitePink = Thread Nazi
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 00:53Permalink
    Juicyjams said:^ Just like how we got onigri. Ill try and see if it works for these as well.Yah please do...and if you can make a YouTube video walkthrough, lol.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:07Permalink
    You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:17Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.Yet another reason why China must be destroyed!!!! angry
  • wbswbs904,152
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:31Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    http://kotaku.com/china-does-not-require-region-locked-conso...
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:37Permalink
    wbs 101 said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    http://kotaku.com/china-does-not-require-region-locked-conso...
    I never said that region locking of consoles was required by China. I said Microsoft had to make concessions to reach a favorable deal with the Chinese government. Remember, this is the same government that raided Microsoft's offices in China and confiscated Windows OS code, then a week later announced they would be moving government computers to a "brand new government made OS" in a months time (and yes, the new OS looked and preformed exactly like Windows from the confiscated code). Microsoft knows they have the play the game incredibly well to have access to that massive Chinese market or risk the government showing up at their doorsteps again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.