Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: April 7th & 8th, 2015

• Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:37, Edited on 09 April 15 at 01:40 by CounterInsurgntPermalink
    wbs 101 said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    http://kotaku.com/china-does-not-require-region-locked-conso...
    ^ yah but that's all unverifiable information.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • wbswbs904,388
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:47Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:wbs 101 said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    I never said that region locking of consoles was required by China. I said Microsoft had to make concessions to reach a favorable deal with the Chinese government. Remember, this is the same government that raided Microsoft's offices in China and confiscated Windows OS code, then a week later announced they would be moving government computers to a "brand new government made OS" in a months time (and yes, the new OS looked and preformed exactly like Windows from the confiscated code). Microsoft knows they have the play the game incredibly well to have access to that massive Chinese market or risk the government showing up at their doorsteps again.
    Ok I see what your saying but why is the PS4 in China region free then? Wouldn't they have the same risk?
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid320,572
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:48Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.Yet another reason why China must be destroyed!!!! angryI hope you meant the Chinese government? So you want to kill everyone living in China, who has already been victimised as a result of decisions made by the government?
  • ezhnoezhno394,601
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:49, Edited on 09 April 15 at 01:49 by ezhnoPermalink
    wbs 101 said:This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    All that article says is 'anonymous' and 'unverifiable' which basically says nothing. China is perhaps the most nationalistic country there is right behind North Korea and, as I mentioned previously, region restrictions regarding digital goods and services are very common in China. The fact is that, while we don't know why it's in place, we can reasonably assume it is through some action of the Chinese government since it would not be even close to the first time that they've done so. It doesn't necessarily have to be a requirement, it could be nothing more than a request that a company like Microsoft is happy to oblige in order to create a better business relationship. That wouldn't be surprising since the Xbox One was the first console officially released in China since, what, the iQue?

There's a multitude of reasons for why it might be this way. In the end, however, it doesn't matter why. It simply is this way and so now a Chinese Xbox One, phone number, etc is required in order to gain access to their marketplace. Maybe it will be removed, maybe it won't. Time will tell.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:51Permalink
    wbs 101 said:xPut Name Herex said:wbs 101 said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    I never said that region locking of consoles was required by China. I said Microsoft had to make concessions to reach a favorable deal with the Chinese government. Remember, this is the same government that raided Microsoft's offices in China and confiscated Windows OS code, then a week later announced they would be moving government computers to a "brand new government made OS" in a months time (and yes, the new OS looked and preformed exactly like Windows from the confiscated code). Microsoft knows they have the play the game incredibly well to have access to that massive Chinese market or risk the government showing up at their doorsteps again.
    Ok I see what your saying but why is the PS4 in China region free then? Wouldn't they have the same risk?
    Sony is an entirely different company from Microsoft. Microsoft has a major presence in China due to Windows, and due to its American roots is a considerable threat to Chinese sovereignty and the economy. Sony has very little in China due to a tendency of the Chinese to not buy products from the Japanese. Glad to see that the PS4 being region-free may have opened the gates for Microsoft to effectively think "if China isn't riding them for being region-free we can probably do it too" though (based on your last link).
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:55Permalink
    Here is another article where it was tested and confirmed that Chinese Xboxs have been region unlocked. Now to figure out how to get their games. I will do some testing and if anyone has any good ideas please share.
    https://www.techinasia.com/xbox-regionfree-china-report/
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 01:56Permalink
    On a completely different topic...

Well, looks like the first FH2 car pack I /won't/ own has arrived. Why exactly is it that the pack subsidized by a movie studio's marketing department is the only one not included in the Car Pass?
  • ezhnoezhno394,601
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 02:01Permalink
    wbs 101 said:Here is another article where it was tested and confirmed that Chinese Xboxs have been region unlocked. Now to figure out how to get their games. I will do some testing and if anyone has any good ideas please share.
    https://www.techinasia.com/xbox-regionfree-china-report/
    There's been no official announcement yet, so anything can happen at this point. That said, it looks like region restrictions have been removed for games coming into China (possibly only physical media?). A restriction could very well still remain for games on demand going out of China.

Stryker can has said:Why exactly is it that the pack subsidized by a movie studio's marketing department is the only one not included in the Car Pass?Because the pass was for six packs, which we have received. A free arcade title was also offered, where you can drive those cars. It's basically a paired upselling. The Pre-order car pack (whenever it releases) was also not part of the car pass. We still got six packs regardless.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 02:04Permalink
    deutschZuid said:CounterInsurgnt said:xPut Name Herex said:You can't download the Chinese exclusives from anything but a Chinese Xbox One. Remember, China isn't your normal run-of-the-mill country when it comes to internet access. They actively block their citizens from reaching all but state-approved websites. Microsoft had to make concessions to the Chinese government in order to sell their consoles in the country. One of those is creating an isolated LIVE for Chinese consumers to use, so they cannot interact with people in other countries. Thus, the marketplace is also isolated to a Chinese Xbox, so no non-Chinese Xbox can access said marketplace.Yet another reason why China must be destroyed!!!! angryI hope you meant the Chinese government? So you want to kill everyone living in China, who has already been victimised as a result of decisions made by the government?Actually it was a joke, but yes that government sucks...of course you can't blame chinas government without blaming the US government and the rest of the world for that matter.
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 02:36Permalink
    SirEzhno said:wbs 101 said:This is not true Microsoft region locked at their own free will.
    All that article says is 'anonymous' and 'unverifiable' which basically says nothing. China is perhaps the most nationalistic country there is right behind North Korea and, as I mentioned previously, region restrictions regarding digital goods and services are very common in China. The fact is that, while we don't know why it's in place, we can reasonably assume it is through some action of the Chinese government since it would not be even close to the first time that they've done so. It doesn't necessarily have to be a requirement, it could be nothing more than a request that a company like Microsoft is happy to oblige in order to create a better business relationship. That wouldn't be surprising since the Xbox One was the first console officially released in China since, what, the iQue?

There's a multitude of reasons for why it might be this way. In the end, however, it doesn't matter why. It simply is this way and so now a Chinese Xbox One, phone number, etc is required in order to gain access to their marketplace. Maybe it will be removed, maybe it won't. Time will tell.
    This is how I see it since MS was 1st they were tiptoeing in with all this red tape. Sony released the PS4 without a region lock and it gave them a huge advantage and now MS said to hell with it and is removing the region protection to be competitive with Sony.

What I really care about in all this is figuring out how to use this to our advantage to import and download their games and stacks. The issues are obviously on there side and there is no rules against importing games in the US. With this new update it is very likely a hole has been left open for us to import games and don't think MS isn't leaving these import tricks on purpose for us to discover. That was made very clear to me in a 2 hour conversation I had with a high ranking Xbox tech that was helping me with my complex network issues and multi regioned xboxs. He had more direct knowledge of the region locking and import issues than anyone I have ever met so I asked him tons of questions. Long story short MS is aware of importers and achievement stackers and quietly support them but some countries laws make them put in rules and blocks in but they are not enforced. That is why there is almost always a way around them and people are not banned for using a VPN or other work around. All he would tell me since he was being recorded was that their might be a "punishment" if you are doing lots of shady things to access restricted material but this punishment does not include a ban and to not be using regions switching constantly to take advantage of other regions pricing for your benefit. This is why the Xbox One is so different in terms of importing games and region swapping and don't think all these stackable achievement lists are accidents either. This was a long wall of text but I tried to explain why I think this region unlocking will result in us finding a way to get our hands on some of these exclusive games.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,088
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 03:24, Edited on 09 April 15 at 04:05 by TheMaizePermalink
    Its possible that Chinese Xbox ones have been unlocked to play foreign games. But that still doesn't make it possible to play Chinese games on a foreign console.

If you go to your Xbox one system settings, china is NOT an option. So you can't change region.
    You can not get access to the Chinese store from your non-Chinese Xbox one in any way. Which means, that even if you have a person with a chinese console buying the title on your gamertag, and ship the game to you on an external hard drive, it can not verify the title in the store, which means that you can never ever start up the title. And yes, I reply with actual knowledge, and not just unverified internetrumors.

also, to the guy saying that ebay is not available in china.... ebay.cn will be very sad to hear that. most people use the Chinese site taobao.com (and a lot of shops there also ships internationally), but both ebay and amazon is definitely available in china.

all the Chinese titles are digital only btw, and can only be bought from the console.
    only stackable Chinese title available to foreign consoles is warriors orochi 3, as it is also available through the Taiwanese onlinestore.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,075,892
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 07:58Permalink
    sirbradenwalker said:CounterInsurgnt said:Wait so there is no way that a us citizen can get those Chinese games!?Possibly by trading nuclear secrets... but seriously, anyone know anything about any launch codes??
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • Clad masterClad master2,174,314
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 08:47Permalink
    RIP DoDonPachi Maximum.Best WP game ever cry
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 09:45Permalink
    Juicyjams said:^ Just like how we got onigri. Ill try and see if it works for these as well.Ok seriously, you guys are aware Japan and China are different countries right? As it's been said like ten times, Chinese games are a much different beast. If you could just change your account region and download it the Chinese version of Neverwinter would not have a mere 11 tracked gamers right now.
  • x I LAZ I xx I LAZ I x526,371
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 09:52Permalink
    Deals look decent, if they're the games you'd be interested in.

On a side note, any of you fellows TA'ers mid lending me a minute of your time, please? I need to gather results on a questionnaire for an assignment. I have really nothing to offer except gratitude, but you'd be really helping me out!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/5sfr477g65gqjlt646802

Again, you'd be helping me out loads!
  • Vr EnglishVr English648,788
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 10:14Permalink
    Don't approve of those instant unlock packs at all. Just let people have access to their upgrades just as free as everyone else.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 10:43Permalink
    x I LAZ I x said:Deals look decent, if they're the games you'd be interested in.

On a side note, any of you fellows TA'ers mid lending me a minute of your time, please? I need to gather results on a questionnaire for an assignment. I have really nothing to offer except gratitude, but you'd be really helping me out!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/5sfr477g65gqjlt646802

Again, you'd be helping me out loads!
    OK dude I did your survey.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,322,977
    Posted on 09 April 15 at 13:35Permalink
    Hisako plays weird as hell. Better than Aganos, but still really, really weird.
    Goal: 500,000gs with 500 total games, 100% including all DLC. Deadline: 1-1-16.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.