Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: April 7th & 8th, 2015

• Posted on 09 April 15 at 16:42Permalink
    x I LAZ I x said:Deals look decent, if they're the games you'd be interested in.

On a side note, any of you fellows TA'ers mid lending me a minute of your time, please? I need to gather results on a questionnaire for an assignment. I have really nothing to offer except gratitude, but you'd be really helping me out!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/5sfr477g65gqjlt646802

Again, you'd be helping me out loads!
    I did your survey as well.
  • Posted on 09 April 15 at 17:53, Edited on 09 April 15 at 17:54 by Orodeth PrimePermalink
    Changes have been made before, probably as part of an update (Voice Commander,
    etc.), and i would like to thank whoever made these changes possible at MS.

I like the idea that chinese players get something special only accesable to them but i also would like to see it internationally unlocked after some months + the chinese games look much more interesting to me than 90% of what the international One market offers on demand.
  • Posted on 10 April 15 at 06:58Permalink
    Im gonna put a little confirmation to this Chinese debate. Im currently staying in Beijing on an S2 Private Visa for 2 months. This is what ive found out so far.

Yes, chinese Xbox is very restrictive. Tencent helped Microsoft with Marketing, Distribution, and talking with the Chinese government. As of now, most outlets that sell XB1's only sell NON-VIOLENT titles like Forza 5 (its big sell), Kinect Rivals, and Fruit Ninja Kinect (though, I did see a Neverwinter code on sale at one major retail outlet).

To play games, you need to 1. Purchase an Xbox One here in China. It IS REGION-LOCKED in China because of their internet restrictions. Even common sites like youtube and facebook are restricted (Thankfully TA is not :D)

You will also need their version of Xbox Live and a gamertag here to play. Using my gamertag on Xbox's here did not work, so I can confirm this.

As for getting these titles outside, the ONLY option I can possibly see is QQ. It is a download tool a lot of people here use to download games on unrestricted/hacked systems and computers. If you are at all scared of breaking red tape, I would not advise this, but there it is. Fyi: this is how a lot of foreign gamers (i.e. Us and EU) have been playing China's version of CoD called Call of Duty Online.

Its also worth noting that A LOT of minor gaming shops sell NTSC and NTSC-J versions of games, with some EU versions thrown in as well. Most people dont buy as they are 1. wayyyy over-priced, and 2. Unless you found a way (illegal in China) to get a region-free xbox, they cant be played on your system.

If anyone has ANY and all questions about this kind of thing, or wants me to do a little investigating, let me know by PMing me or messaging me on Live. I can look at those messages through Xbox.com. Please be aware of my time zone difference from you guys though! Thanks :)
  • Crispy385Crispy385115,979
    Posted on 10 April 15 at 08:53Permalink
    So Shadow of Mordor is on sale the same time as its Season Pass. May not be able to pass that up.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One662,511
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril732,737
    Posted on 12 June 16 at 08:17Permalink
    johannasceasara said:You will also need their version of Xbox Live and a gamertag here to play. Using my gamertag on Xbox's here did not work, so I can confirm this.so you are saying that a non-chinese gamertag will NEVER get to play chinese stackables or exculsives (without some sort of hacked console possibly)?

johannasceasara said:As for getting these titles outside, the ONLY option I can possibly see is QQ. It is a download tool a lot of people here use to download games on unrestricted/hacked systems and computers. If you are at all scared of breaking red tape, I would not advise this, but there it is. Fyi: this is how a lot of foreign gamers (i.e. Us and EU) have been playing China's version of CoD called Call of Duty Online.so then people are playing chinese games on non-chinese tags somehow, though not legitimately? not sure if CoD Online is an xbox one game or what, but that is what we're talking about right? i don't see how downloading games from QQ would be helpful, as you can't just play them without licenses. i don't believe there are any kind of methods to get around that, unless i just haven't heard.
  • Posted on 12 June 16 at 15:24Permalink
    QuickMythril said:johannasceasara said:You will also need their version of Xbox Live and a gamertag here to play. Using my gamertag on Xbox's here did not work, so I can confirm this.so you are saying that a non-chinese gamertag will NEVER get to play chinese stackables or exculsives (without some sort of hacked console possibly)?

johannasceasara said:As for getting these titles outside, the ONLY option I can possibly see is QQ. It is a download tool a lot of people here use to download games on unrestricted/hacked systems and computers. If you are at all scared of breaking red tape, I would not advise this, but there it is. Fyi: this is how a lot of foreign gamers (i.e. Us and EU) have been playing China's version of CoD called Call of Duty Online.so then people are playing chinese games on non-chinese tags somehow, though not legitimately? not sure if CoD Online is an xbox one game or what, but that is what we're talking about right? i don't see how downloading games from QQ would be helpful, as you can't just play them without licenses. i don't believe there are any kind of methods to get around that, unless i just haven't heard.
    I...would take that post with a grain of salt. There's been a lot of discussion about (CN) region consoles and games and stuff in this thread, and it appears numerous people have bought one, so perhaps you'll get a better view of things from it.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (CHN Ver) achievements are now on the site
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 13 June 16 at 19:28Permalink
    so from what i read, you need a chinese console for the region locked games (which plays any international games in addition). you also need a chinese phone number to receive a confirmation code when first setting up the console. however you can use your current gamertag and don't need any chinese payment method for the free download digital games, nor do you have to be in china to access xbox live. however conecting to a match on Halo from outside china is still questionable.

it's just a matter of whether someone wants to spend $500 or so for about 10 extra games.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,219,962
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 17:04Permalink
    johannasceasara said:Im gonna put a little confirmation to this Chinese debate. Im currently staying in Beijing on an S2 Private Visa for 2 months. This is what ive found out so far.

Yes, chinese Xbox is very restrictive. Tencent helped Microsoft with Marketing, Distribution, and talking with the Chinese government. As of now, most outlets that sell XB1's only sell NON-VIOLENT titles like Forza 5 (its big sell), Kinect Rivals, and Fruit Ninja Kinect (though, I did see a Neverwinter code on sale at one major retail outlet).

To play games, you need to 1. Purchase an Xbox One here in China. It IS REGION-LOCKED in China because of their internet restrictions. Even common sites like youtube and facebook are restricted (Thankfully TA is not :D)

You will also need their version of Xbox Live and a gamertag here to play. Using my gamertag on Xbox's here did not work, so I can confirm this.

As for getting these titles outside, the ONLY option I can possibly see is QQ. It is a download tool a lot of people here use to download games on unrestricted/hacked systems and computers. If you are at all scared of breaking red tape, I would not advise this, but there it is. Fyi: this is how a lot of foreign gamers (i.e. Us and EU) have been playing China's version of CoD called Call of Duty Online.

Its also worth noting that A LOT of minor gaming shops sell NTSC and NTSC-J versions of games, with some EU versions thrown in as well. Most people dont buy as they are 1. wayyyy over-priced, and 2. Unless you found a way (illegal in China) to get a region-free xbox, they cant be played on your system.

If anyone has ANY and all questions about this kind of thing, or wants me to do a little investigating, let me know by PMing me or messaging me on Live. I can look at those messages through Xbox.com. Please be aware of my time zone difference from you guys though! Thanks :)
    You have no idea what you are talking about....facts are all wrong..and for the record..QQ is like a chinese version of facebook. Its not a downloadtool
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 20:24Permalink
    cool, thanks for confirming. i thought that sounded a bit off...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.